If a Non Muslim commits a major sin would they never be allowed to convert to Islam ?

truthseeker63

If a Non Muslim commits a major sin such as Adultery/Homosexuality/Drinking would they never be allowed to convert to Islam or revert if they did accept Islam and say Shahada would they still be punished or would they be allowed to live ? The reason I ask is because I read a website where someone asked if they could become a Muslim if they once lived a sinful lifestyle. My question was if the Non Muslim says Shahada and they did these major sins and then their nation becames an Islamic state under Sharia would this person still be put to death stoned or killed or punished by the Sharia Courts or would they be allowed to live ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahada

esperanza

revert of many years
salam ..from what iknow when you revert to islam ..and make shahada all previous sins are erased.....they make a brand new start in life

there are sadly muslims who commit major sins ..and even they can be forgiven if they truly repent

a_stranger

Islam is for all people, if followed with sincerity islam can give a very high spiritual power which makes man hate sins and feel happy to obey his Lord, still if he / she becomes weak and doesbsomething wrong , the door of repantce is widely open . Islam suits our nature 100 percent

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

This question is more complex than the face value. Say a person commits murder in a Shariah based country. While in prison they convert to Islam (we'll assume this is in a Shariah based country). Now according to Islam they are as sinless as a newborn baby. But they will still be punished by the State for their illegal behavior before conversion. Conversion does not relieve a person from dealing with the day-to-day consequences of their actions.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You do not get killed for drinking.

There are very specific rules for adultery. The criteria has to be met.

To my knowledge, and it is limited, we walk away from the homosexuals.

There is a hadeeth about about a Companion who was in battle. He was fighting an enemy. The enemy pronounced the shahada. The Companion slayed the man. When the Prophet heard about this he was very angry. The man had said the shahada.

That is something to think about.

As to the question about remaining incarcerated. How many prisons do we have of people that are innocent. When they start to think they become Muslim.
The countries that are Muslim are really not implementing Sharia. It is a mixture of kufr and Sharia..total confusion.

Hatty

Actually being a non Muslim is a bigger major sin than all the things you have mentioned. And after taking the Shahada, Allah forgives this person's major sin - which is being Kaffir.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
what i do know is that in the very few countries that implement shari'a laws, each country has it's own interpretation. so the punishments can vary. i don't know if you asked this question because out of curiosity or because you may fear a shari'a implemented punishment, but know this: islam is a religion of prevention not intervention like christianity or judaism. we believe in avoiding things altogether so we do not have to worry about dealing with a drug/alcohol addiction, zinaa etc.

other religions intervene after the person is hooked on drugs, after the daughter has become out of control etc.

strive-may-i

If a Non Muslim commits a major sin such as Adultery/Homosexuality/Drinking would they never be allowed to convert to Islam or revert if they did accept Islam and say Shahada would they still be punished or would they be allowed to live ? The reason I ask is because I read a website where someone asked if they could become a Muslim if they once lived a sinful lifestyle. My question was if the Non Muslim says Shahada and they did these major sins and then their nation becames an Islamic state under Sharia would this person still be put to death stoned or killed or punished by the Sharia Courts or would they be allowed to live ?

Pretty Hypothetical situation. Are you a law student. You might want to take it to a highly academic audience.
The hints would be the person turned to Islam, did some grave punishable sin, to which the rule of land is tolerant to, then one fine day the The Country too then became Islamic and applied new set of rules, from that day...

For some one who fears and wishes his hereafter to be less painful, would welcome a punishment here in earth for his wrongs, rather than in hereafter!

DanyalSAC

Hind had Hamza slain & afterwards ate his liver. Yet she's considered a Sahabi now.

ALLAH didn't send Islam just for the righteous.

truthseeker63

Many Western people have a wild past.

I asked this question because I live in the West and many Western people have a wild past my question is is there no hope for them according to Islam ?

I Want to Become A Muslim... But What About My Wild Past?
Question:

i'm a young girl, wanting to convert to islam, for me this religion is really the truth. The problem is, that before i discovered islam, i used to live a pretty wild life, I did a lot of wrong things (if not all wrong things). I would like to know if it's possible for a girl like me to convert, and what should I do regarding my past when converting

http://www.muslimconverts.com/shahadah/wild_past.htm

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Salaam,
Yes if they make the shahada, they will be forgiven for their sins InshAllah. They should embrace Islam and practice and not revert to their old ways. As long as they are truely repentant. Same for Muslims who have sinned. As mentioned above... the doors of Allah's mercy are always wide open so long as we have our breadth.

Ajaz Bhat

Dear TruthSeeker

The life without islam is a life of ignorance. When one understands Islam, she comes to know about the truth of the life and world, and about the right way to live. So if she accepts to live with islam, Allah cleans her from all dirt (sins) major or minor... as she was ignorant about the right way to live. So she is like a gifted new born baby! (with all previous good deeds counted!).. Allah is the most merciful. Adopt Islam as your way as soon as possible.. that is most benificial to you. May Allah envelope you with his mercy.
Feel free to communicate for any help we can offer
Salam u Alykum

Tomtom

Banned
Dear TruthSeeker

The life without islam is a life of ignorance. When one understands Islam, she comes to know about the truth of the life and world, and about the right way to live. So if she accepts to live with islam, Allah cleans her from all dirt (sins) major or minor... as she was ignorant about the right way to live. So she is like a gifted new born baby! (with all previous good deeds counted!).. Allah is the most merciful. Adopt Islam as your way as soon as possible.. that is most benificial to you. May Allah envelope you with his mercy.
Feel free to communicate for any help we can offer
Salam u Alykum

I second what brother Ajaz has said. Also if someone comes to know about the religion of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and rejects it and dies in disbelief, Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says He will never forgive that person.

Muhsin Khan
Verily, those who disbelieve, and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah (i.e. Islam); then die while they are disbelievers, Allah will not forgive them. 47:34

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}

aaslaam aleykum,

i see you stated (a Non Muslim) to me it seems he was in particular 'faith'
than he should know better from his previous-That it is God who accepts and not Humans. And if about being 'chopped off' his head Then what is the use of accepting Islam, What chance had been given Practicing it?

the link you gave..(few words i copied)

(lā ʾilāha ʾillallāh, Muḥammad rasūlu-llāh) (in Arabic)
There is no god but God, and Muhammad is the messenger of God. (in English)

In the tradition of the Shia Muslims, there is the addition of "وعليٌ وليُّ الله", wa ʿAli-yyun wali-yyu-llāh ["and Ali is the wali (viceregent) of God"].[1]

..I wonder that 'wali; = vicegerent?

I

IslamIsSimple

A rule known in Islam is No sin (even major ones, except polytheism/disbelief) takes a person outside the folds of Islam.

The only case in which it does, is when the person does it (adultry, murder etc) BELIEVING that its permissable.. then its disbelief.

And of course they'd be allowed to live. Its silly to suggest otherwise. Many Muslims sin, they are no angels.

The rest are legal questions and depend heavily on the details.

strive-may-i

I asked this question because I live in the West and many Western people have a wild past my question is is there no hope for them according to Islam ?

I Want to Become A Muslim... But What About My Wild Past?
Question:

i'm a young girl, wanting to convert to islam, for me this religion is really the truth. The problem is, that before i discovered islam, i used to live a pretty wild life, I did a lot of wrong things (if not all wrong things). I would like to know if it's possible for a girl like me to convert, and what should I do regarding my past when converting

http://www.muslimconverts.com/shahadah/wild_past.htm
Yes that link covers it very well, with enough proof from the days of Prophet :saw:

Regarding your past, Its Over. You do realize the days of ignorance, where wasted. You have a clear belief, now, Thats a clean slate, you accept the Islamic belief, you start fresh. Once you accept the Islamic belief, you feel better, cleaner and fresh, by the grace of Almighty Allah!

You dont repeat the so called "wild past" ever after. The Islamic way of leading life is simple and brings true joy, sense of purpose and bliss to soul...

Read the threads and you will realize... May Almighty Enlighten you and bring happiness peace into your life...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As I was rereading the posts I had to ponder on Sister Shyhijabi's response. In no way am I attempting to debate. That would not serve the purpose of seeking an answer to the question I wish to post. I am using her reply as a reference point to state my question.

We have, as I write, a brother, here in the US. He is being detained, I am not sure of the timeline of the proceedings i.e. trial dates. The brother was arrested on a charge of illegal gun possession. I do not recall the exact legal wording.
The brother, prior to reversion to Islam, did serve time. After reversion he sought knowledge. I viewed a few videos of the brother giving dawah. His iman brought tears to my eyes. His humility for Allah is powerful. Powerful.

The legal system wishes to incarcerate him for twenty some years. Twenty years for having a gun in your house, illegally? How is that fair? And what is the evidence we have to make an opinion on this pertinent matter? What does Islam tell us to do?