Assalamu alaikum! ^-^

-RevertToIslam-

Assalamu alaikum! I reverted to Islam in August of 2011 and I know I made the right decision, but my parents are not accepting. I am not allowed to wear hijab, I'm not really supposed to pray, but I do it when they're not home. She doesn't prepare halal food for me, and I don't have a job, so I can't buy myself. I have read so many stories of people who have reverted to Islam and their parents are okay with it after a few months. Not my parents, apparently. Ever since 9/11, they have hated anything to do with Islam, and so me reverting was a big shock to them.

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalamu alaikum! I reverted to Islam in August of 2011 and I know I made the right decision, but my parents are not accepting. I am not allowed to wear hijab, I'm not really supposed to pray, but I do it when they're not home. She doesn't prepare halal food for me, and I don't have a job, so I can't buy myself. I have read so many stories of people who have reverted to Islam and their parents are okay with it after a few months. Not my parents, apparently. Ever since 9/11, they have hated anything to do with Islam, and so me reverting was a big shock to them.

WELCOME SISTER.. i know it must be so hard for you ,you can only be pateint and inshallah Allah will make things easier for you

if you are still of a young age nad living wiht your parents, you can only do the best that you an and whats within your power to do...
maybe it will take along time for them to acept the idea ,and theymay never fully acept,it all needs time

remebr were all here for you sister

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Masha Allah, sister. Welcome to the forum.

Indeed, all praises are due to Allah, we praise Him, seek His Aid and beg for His Forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah from the evil in our souls and from the bad consequences of our deeds. Whomever Allah guides, no one can lead that person astray and whomever Allah leads astray no one can guide that person.

You have indeed made a big step, very big step. I cannot even imagine me in your shoes. Be steadfast, sister. Insha Allah, we will help you in any way we can.

May Allah guide and protect you.

Indeed, He is the Al-Muhaymin(the protector) and Al-Gafur (the forgiving).

Wassalamu Alaikkum.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Waaleikum salaam,
With the situation of your parents is better not to disclose your islam until you gain more knowledge and your Iman becomes stronger and when you see you are ready to face any consequence from your parent. Now your have already disclosed it, no problem and you don't have to worry, what you have to do to keep low-profile. With fulfilling your Islamic duties, is better visit your local Masjid(mosque) and talk to the Imam, am sure you will get help. This advice is coming from myself, not a sheikh.
Keep your Iman strong you will be tested.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Dear sister, alhamdullilah for you folowing the right way, alhamdullilah.

Many muslims, especially young muslims are in your situation and inchallah, if you do your best, Allah will see, will love you so much and reward you in a great way.

If you stille have to live with your parents, the above advice to keep a low profile is the best.

:tti_sister:

:salam2:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicumu wa rahmatulah wa barakatuhu

Mashallah and Alhamdulillah dear sister for your correct decission and Alhamdulillah to Allah houndred times for guiding you toward Islam.

Do not worry dear sister, because Allah is Al Wali(The Protector) and He is protecting those who love and fear Him.

I agree with other Muslim brothers and sisters that is better that you keep a secret that you are a Muslimah now,and to wait for the right time Inshallah when you can say the truth to your parents. May Allah also guide your parents dear sister toward Islam.

Allah subhanhu wa teala sais: "And you cannot frustrate the designs of ALLAH in the earth nor in the heaven; nor have you any friend or helper beside ALLAH (Al-Ankabut 29:22) ".

May Allah bless you. Ameen ya Rabb.

:wasalam:

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Thought i'd share -

Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas (ra) said: "When my mother found out that I had became a Muslim, she flew into a rage. She came up to me and said: 'O Sa'd! What is this religion that you have embraced which has taken you away from the religion of your parents... ?! I swear by God, either you forsake your new religion or I will not eat or drink until I die! Your heart will be shattered by grief on account of me and remorse will consume you, and people will censure you forever more.' I replied: 'O mother, don't do that, because I will never give up my religion for anything.' However, she went on with her threat... For days she neither ate or drank. She became emaciated and weak. Hour after hour, I went to her asking whether I should bring her some food or something to drink but she persistently refused, insisting that she would not eat or drink until she died or I abandoned my religion. I said: 'O my mother! Despite my deep love for you, my love for Allah and His Messenger (saw) is indeed greater. I swear by Allah, if you had 1,000 lives, and each one of those 1,000 lives were to leave your body one by one in front of my very own eyes, even then I would not reject nor give up my faith, I will never abandon this religion for anything.' When she saw that I was determined she relented unwillingly and ate and drank.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!

Waliekumasslam warahmatullahi wabarakatu,
First of all welcome to TTI and congradulations on making the right decision. Your post indicates to me that you already disclosed that you are a muslim to your parents. In that case you need to start reflecting the teachings of Islam in your life, learn about parents rights in islam and be nice to your parents. Be strong , try not reply back when they rebuke you. Tell your mother Islam teaches paradise lies beneath the feet of mother. Inshallah if you start doing that there are chances they would not only accept you but may also embrace Islam. I pray to allah (swt) to help you.

I will Inshallah try to share few emaan booster vids with you when i get to my computer.

a_stranger

:salam2:

Dear Sister , alhamduliAllah who guided us to his way .......be patient sister , Allah subhanahu wa taaala tests his servants. If your parents see a positive change in your conduct with them then they will feel the beauty of Islam , try to treat them in the best way as Allah subhanahu wa taaala wants you to do.

strive-may-i

Be at peace towards them, but stick to your belief

Greetings...

9/11 was a decade back. And its not right to stereotype on actions of few.

Be in touch with Pious muslims, in your area. That will make it easy for you. We all are striving to be in the righteous path. Be steady in your Belief, be good. Read the forums...

With a hope I paste what Almighty tells in Holy Quran and Prophet :saw: preaches us in this matter....

Almighty Allah says
"Those who spend (of that which Allah hath given them) in ease and in adversity, those who control their wrath and are forgiving toward mankind; Allah loveth the good;" [3:134]

And
Prophet :saw: says ..
“I have only been sent to perfect good characteristics.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari in al-Adab al-Mufrad (273)
"The most complete of the believers in faith (eemaan), is the best of them in manners." Tirmidthee (no. 2612)
"Allah has forbidden you from vexing mothers and burying young girls alive. "
"Heavens lie at the feet of mothers. "

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

welcome sister...it will be difficult to convince your parents right now but inshallah soon
they will accept it.have patience

luluimaan

Lulu O' La Mer
Salaam sister,

I know that this may seem harsh, but you are going to have to take responsibility for your imaan. So if your parents refuse to make halal food, don't eat it! Eat something else. You may have to become a vegetarian for a while, but this is better than eating non-halal food or eating pork. Your parents don't want you to pray? Go to your room, lock the door, and pray. I know you can do it, you are strong because you already took the step to become a Muslim when you knew that hardship would befall you. Insha'Allah He will make it easy on you.