Delete

strive-may-i

Set Bigger Goal, hone all talents Almighty has bestowed..

:salam2:

So you are young and time is your best asset, you want to make good use of it. Thats really good Intention, May Almighty Allah, give you the ability to reflect on all your latent talents and help you assess, the best course ahead... Ameen.

What I would also point out and ask you is, with this focus on MMA, are you planning to become a professional sports player in MMA? Would that become your means of livelihood in future??

Because, from the way you have put your case, the title of your thread and your intention to strengthen your Imaan, you are willing to listen, take opinions and test the waters before you deep dive. So you were good at football, gave it your heart and mind, then you realized its not for you. Now you find yourself passionate about MMA, yet you have come a step ahead and are trying to see if its really beneficial to your Imaan. This is what I see - you are good in academics too and not just in sports. And my mind right now fails to understand why you should limit yourself to a sport, MMA?. Keep those abilities and polish them for greater good, never boast about it, be grounded and humble, You would go a long way in life...:)

Dear Brother, How is your academics fairing. How about learning more about your faith and strengthening it? Have you spoken to your teachers, school counsellors about their assessment of you? What do your classmates think, about your other abilities? have you felt you could succeed in anything you set your mind on, there are many avenues for a mind that is young and willing to go the extra mile. This is a very critical phase for a young fellow like you, set a bigger goal that stretches and hones all the talents Almighty has bestowed in you... Is what I would like to tell you . Hope this helps...

strive-may-i

Thank you for your answer brother!!

Yes, my goal is to be sucessful and make a livng as I feel that I have Allah SWT's help.
When I quit playing soccer I've been reckoned to try martial arts while I was thinking it myself.

Thank you for the tip, I want to be the best muslim i possibly can and this situation feels wierd because sometimes I feel it's halal and sometimes that it's haram. As if I don't want to realize that it could be haram. This isn't a hypocrisy situation right? :eek:

So you're saying that it's halal but I should aim fo better?

Thanks for the answer again, may Allah SWT bless you and your family! ameen
MMA Halaal/Haraam I cannot be a jury to that. Karate/taekwondo/yoga/MMA these are various forms of exercise to benefit your physical and mental strength. In Yoga for example, one is to avoid bowing to sun or chanting any hymns, So if there is something in MMA, like swearing on your opponent (MM Abuser :p ), to win the fight or street fighting to make a livelihood, then you better avoid it...

And from what I recollect, elders thought me kicking is not good (not sure if its a regional thing). So instead of going to karate class, I mastered one karate stunt/shot at home ie, to focus and blow out a long burning candle, by rapidly moving the face of palm from chest towards the candle flame, without getting too close to the flame [whatever that action is called], it took me time, then one fine day, I got it right. I can show you how, even now ;)
The other is to tighten the stomach muscle, but I never got the guts to test the strength of the tightened muscle. It was just to get an Idea of what karate is all about...

If MMA(sports) is not a career aspiration, do not spend too much time on MMA and later abandon it. All that I want to point out was if its not a professional aspiration, you might as well put more time on academics, Imaan, personality development, vocational training ( And save money for higher education) etc, that gives your latent talent a chance and it could benefit you more ...

May Almighty guide us all to a Halaal way of earning and leading life.... Ameen.

esperanza

revert of many years
Thanks again!

Hahaha no, they´re not swearing at each other to win :) after the fight, they are almost always shaking hands and be "friends" after.

Right now I´m not in career or something like that, but I mean that I feel that I can be sucessful, this is very fun and that´s why I wanted to know if it´s halal to train, earn this way, compete etc.

Of course I won´t forget the qur'an etc, never. If that was the case I wouldn´t have asked you brothers & sisters if it´s okay.

Watch this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOmHdymchUg

Please if you know someone who has got good knowledge on this subject please tell them to answer, I wanna know quick so I can start training soon! :)
salam i dont know about other forms of martial art..but iknow in karate..they have to bow down as part of the preparation,,i had enrolled my son in a class..and he was so upset becuase they asked him to do this ..he refused and iwithdrew him from the class

GBintheUK

salam i dont know about other forms of martial art..but iknow in karate..they have to bow down as part of the preparation,,i had enrolled my son in a class..and he was so upset becuase they asked him to do this ..he refused and iwithdrew him from the class

Unless of course you go to the far east where bowing is the equivilent of shaking hands, places like Malaysia this is the norm, bowing that is.

salahdin

Dear brother what if you are out at the training at club this is to say doing sparring or say your first match and suddently you get knock down . you have three scenario here you either stand up and continue, the second one you either stay motionless on the floor and wait for the ambulance and the third and the worst you die in that state .

So my question is if one dies in that state may (ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH forbid) what will be ones answer to ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH? (that one has died in a state of loss) One thing for sure is shaitan will beautify things and for us it will fairly seeming and with excuses for every good advice we get . The only things we want is follow our own desires which is our worst enemy and that where shaitan comes and whisper and make our deeds fair seeming .so my advice is you train for fitness and not to make a Profession out of it.

"A strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than a weak believer, while there is good in both"

This hadith has nothing to do with strenght rather Central to the main hadith, Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) started with: "A strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than a weak believer", meaning strong and weak in the level of faith and his attitude to carry out what God ordered him to do, but both types of believers are loved by God

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Sorry to all but this has been one of the most strange discussion I have followed here in TTI. How on earth some sport might be haram and some other halal? In every sports we may hurt ourself, even when walking on the street.

Isn´t these self-defence sports main idea is to learn to control yourself and your muscules so well that you won´t hurt yourself? That you find balance with your moving?

How this would be haram?

:SMILY346:

YMYuke

Assalaam alaykum bro

In my opinion, I think you should look back at "soccer" or football as we call it in england. It is the most enjoyable sport to watch and even more enjoyable to play. Watch some clips of some of the players you like (thiery henry, ronaldinho, steven gerrard ... lol).. and plus, if you make it professional in this sport you will be getting paid much more than what MMA fighters get paid (my guess since footballers get redicolous grands ever week) but if you get into the tactical side of football you'll even enjoy it more and be motivated and also you say you were told you had potential? i think you should give it a go and play for leagues and see the competion.

ps I don't care what anyone thinks, it is the best sport and the most fun in the world.

pss, sorry i didn't answer your question, i don't really know for sure if MMA is halal or haram. Research on the net on the reliable websites, I can't really give my opinion if i think its halal or haram to be honest.. sorry

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

Professional boxing, MMA or any sport which involves deliberately hitting and damaging the face is haram.

Nick+Diaz's+face.JPG

MMA and Boxing are brutal, disgusting sports and a sincere Muslim should stay away from being involved in them!

Firstly, because of the violent nature which is done for money and fun. - In Islam, violence is never done for either of those things. We are not barbarians. There is also a whole culture of betting surrounding the sport, as well as alcoholic drinks, parties and skimpy ringside girls. So, these sports are not classy, but for the worst of society. Thats why most of the boxers are ex-criminals or just trying to get out of abject poverty. There is no glory or honor in this sport.

MMA is even more dangerous than boxing, as it allows for kicks, knees and elbows to the face and the fighting continues on the ground! Its common for people to repeatedly hit the opponent in the face. It is clear from all the Islamic evidences that hitting to the face is haram, strictly forbidden. This rules out contact sports which have the aim of hurting the other person particularly in the face.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw a man slap a slave (or a boy) in the face, and he said, “Do you not know that the face is inviolate?” (Muslim, 3/1280.

How would you feel, if you were in a fight and your hands were responsible for causing the other person serious brain damage? Its not worth it, and its a waste of time.

Sports like Boxing, MMA etc are about taking out the other opponent quickly. There is often a lot of bravado and talk before a fighting match, where one opponent will tell the other, often using vulgar language, how he will beat the other person. Hint: Mike Tyson.

Getting a knock out is the best way to win. Its also a good way to get brain damage. Whilst it is true that many boxers do not die these days, the same can not be said about the long term health implications.

There are other more practical martial arts which as a professional do not involve hitting to the face or injuring others, such as Wing Chun. Ironically, there is no full-contact sparring as it can be too dangerous. This is the martial art that Bruce Lee had studied from Grandmaster Ip Man. The martial art is purely about self-defense on the street, you can study and be an instructor in this.

You did a good thing by asking about your future choices from an Islamic perspective. May Allah assist you and all of us in making the right decisions. I hope that you will stay away from such career paths and choose something more useful with your time, and to put more time in studying Islam and getting closer to Allah.

Assalamu alaykum

Abdullah Espanol

I would say on questrions halal and harame it is better if we ask the mufti coz to give fatwah or to say this is hala or harame it is mufti's job not imams job or not hafizel quran or practissing muslim job , it is like u go and ask a dr about fixing hard drive so plz plz let us 1 st ask if thier is a mufti who can biring us out from jahiliya on the matter that we are asking I hope u agree with me allahu alam