Do not reveal your sins

yasak80

quoted..

Bismillah Ir-Rahmaan Ir-Raheem

From among the teachings of Allah’s Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) is to keep sins a secret matter. If someone commits a sinful act which is against the Commandments of Allah, or is against the moral character, or is such an act that may cause harm to one’s honor, then he should keep it a secret and seek forgiveness from Allah in the darkness of night.

he Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: “My entire nation is safe, except al-Mujahirin (those who boast of their sins). Among the Mujaharah is that a man commits an (evil) act, and wakes up in the morning while Allah has kept his (sin) a secret, he says: “O so-and-so! Last night I did this and that.” He goes to sleep while Allah has kept his (sin) a secret but he wakes up in the morning and uncovers what Allah has kept a secret!” [Saheeh al-Bukhari]

Abdullah Ibn Masoud (رضي الله عنه) related, ‘A man came to the Prophet and said: ‘O Messenger of Allah! I have mingled with a woman in the far side of al-Medina, and I fulfilled my desire with her. So, here am I, judge me according to what you decide.’ Umar Ibn al-Khattab (رضي الله عنه) then said: ‘Allah had kept your secret, why did not you keep your secret?’ [Sharh Muslim] Similarly, if one becomes aware of somebody else’s sin, he should keep it a secret. Allah’s Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: “He, who relieves a hardship of this Dunya (world) for a believer, Allah will relieve (from him) a hardship of the Day of Resurrection; he who makes easy an indebted person, Allah will make it easy for him in the Dunya and the Hereafter; he who covers a Muslim (meaning his mistakes and shortcomings), Allah will cover him in the Dunya and the Hereafter …” [Muslim]

Today, there are also many novel channels through which sins are propagated in the society, such as books, magazines, and television programs that mention the crimes of others, illicit acts, and immorality under the name of creating awareness among the people. These programs–which are meant to help the people against the crimes–are in reality, helping the crime to spread faster in the society! Crimes, which were previously unknown to people have become common offenses! It is therefore necessary for the Muslims to avoid all such avenues which may lead to the destruction of our Muslim Ummah.

Action Items for the Muttaqun:
Do not reveal your sins (whether major or minor), not even to your close ones such as your spouse or parents
Ask Allah for the forgiveness for the sins you committed and also ask Allah to help you to save from the same in the future
Hide and do not reveal the sins of your Muslim brothers and sisters, and non-Muslims, to others

Sources:
Keeping Sins a Secret Compiled by Shawana A Aziz, As-Sunnah Islamic Newsletter Issue no 16

S

Sister Zohra

Assalamu Alaikum,

I've really benefited from this post. Let's just say this post came just on time... lol. JazakAllah khair sister.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
:salam2:

A great post. I always notice that whenever I sin or do something dislike to Allaah that I have an arguement the same day with my dh.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Salaam,

What if someone asks you if you did the sin? Should you lie and say no?

Thanks for the post!
This is the same question that is in my mind - because admitting certain sins can have serious consequences to our future AND people will spread the news of your sin if you tell the truth.... Even refusing to answer can be a confirmation that yes, you have sinned... So what to do in this case?

esperanza

revert of many years
Thanks for the post!
This is the same question that is in my mind - because admitting certain sins can have serious consequences to our future AND people will spread the news of your sin if you tell the truth.... Even refusing to answer can be a confirmation that yes, you have sinned... So what to do in this case?

answer.. this is between me and Allah
you have not admitted,,,and evne if that person suspects,,they have no right to judge you

just a suggestion

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
answer.. this is between me and Allah
you have not admitted,,,and evne if that person suspects,,they have no right to judge you

just a suggestion

:salam2: Sister,
Yes in principal this works... :) but we know the world we live in. If the answer is not no - then its yes...
May Allah help us in such situations.
JazakAllah khayr.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Rare are there people who keep secrets (including sins revealed to them) of others in dormant state.

In the light of this thread I think members must abandon posting their issues those which fall to category of sins.

Regards.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Revealing our sins to others is just a sort of liberating burdens on our heart and mind. It is a psychological healing. But spiritual healing is best. The word of Allah (SWT) is at our reach and on being a sinner we have guidance to amend ourselves.

Regards.