Civilized:We (Muslims) or they (west)?.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

On debating with atheists and Anti-Islamic people often they shed a common impression that '' Islam is a barbaric and medieval religion and Muslims are uncivilized masses",Naudubillah.

What really is a civilized society?. What are the criteria to define a social assembly as cultured and civilized?. Western world is often picked up as representing a civilized social order. This part of the globe coincides with modern technical developments,high grade standard of living and education,updated medical services and an abode for new inventions and discoveries. Are human values,morals and ethics are subordinate and subject to these material development?. Can an inhabitant of remote place in Sahara desert with short in all modern amenities not be a civilized human being?.

Just couple of days back I had a momentary glimpse of a telecast at channel "Fox Traveller". The telecast was about luxurious hot-spot resorts from U.S. It pictured about such a lavish amusement destination with all sorts of luxuries availed beyond imagination. One night fare for a suite was 40,000 USD. The telecast highlighted a spot wihtin the destination with multiple water pools and adjacent restaurants. I was shocked to see plenty of women topless just wandering around the pool. Even women those who were not topless were just covered formally. I wondered what kind of civilized gathering was that at the resort?.

Yes,our Islamic world isn't a prosperous realm. We lag in modern education and in technical and other forms of developments from the west. Does this essentially categorize us as an uncivilized part of world?. No, definitely not. The sense of human and social values are highest in our Islamic world. As a witness to Muslim social structure in India,still we have giant families with utmost reverence to parents and elders. We stay together connected from within the family to higher social order. Our social structure far more superior to western world where a system of family is disintegrating. Our coming generation emerges from marriage relationships and not from ''Live in relationship". We totally reject intoxication such as alcohol which is a major cause of (may be in state of being drunk only) raps and other crimes. Our mothers and sisters know their limitations and this is best reflected from their dressing sense.

A superiority complex Shields west. It is this complex by the way of which they detain highest human values that are integral part of Islamic society. West is rapidly drifting away from inherent human values. These inherent human values differentiate us from animals. The norms of a civilized society must coincide with human instincts but not animal instincts. Islam is Deen of Allah (SWT) and for sure every word of Allah (SWT) in Quran and teachings of our Prophet (SAW) are not bonded by limits of time. Islam as a system of life undoubtedly will be applicable till the end of the times to all human lives.

Are we civilized or they?. It isn't a question that would take time to answer,yes we are truly civilized and cultured.

Regards.

bmw540i

It is their own insecurity's and the unknown that makes them scared of Islam.If you debate them on the knowledge of Islam you will find that the atheists will talk of the sun and the moon which he still has no knowledge of.That is why we Muslims have a job to do and it is called DAA'WA. We need to stop Mr Darwin and company with their false creed of at atheist ism.

strive-may-i

Say a lie 100 times it wont turn to truth, though it may apparently appear to be... So the debates are usually won by moving the goal posts.... is it not ?

Its them alone who beat the drum of becoming civilized, because they were barbaric and they still are... ie why its called 'The Wild *est', of course means not the best ;)

Marketing is all about taking advantage of fact that its easier to speak to the desire and carnal (meat) sense and not common sense. And being so driven by greed, its a slippery slope...

sabina isa

:salam2:
Couldn't have said better myself. Yet, we have to be more present with our true values, we are like shrugged. Each of us owe this to our deen.

We salam

Say a lie 100 times it wont turn to truth, though it may apparently appear to be... So the debates are usually won by moving the goal posts.... is it not ?

Its them alone who beat the drum of becoming civilized, because they were barbaric and they still are... ie why its called 'The Wild *est', of course means not the best ;)

Marketing is all about taking advantage of fact that its easier to speak to the desire and carnal (meat) sense and not common sense. And being so driven by greed, its a slippery slope...

Tomtom

Banned
Wa Alaikkum As'alaam

They called themselves civilised because they thought that their education system and exploration and consequent colonisation of the world made them civilised and the rest of the world savages. However, what has been happening is the gradual decadence of the West with their morals and the system of justice decaying and withering away. Their immorality and decadence is so prevalent these days that children have no respect for their elders and teenage pregnancies are on the increase, this fuelled by the celebrity worship system that is in place there, where a person who appears on television for minutes is given celebrity status and the tabloid newspapers feed on that fame because they have nothing else to write.

Also the women are now showing ignorance and apathy towards life where they walk around the streets wearing next to nothing without any shame. These young women are the one who are feeding the celebrity culture where they are exploited to the point that the exploiters know what they want and how to control them. There must be something wrong with a society that encourages alcohol consumption and pre-marital sex for impressionable young men and women.

From the side of the fence I'm standing it's definately the West that is uncivilised.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:wasalam:

I totally agree with all of you here.Immorality is now considered new morality.I was reading excerpts from Salman Rushdie's TSV,which has been so praised by the Western world,is full of obscenities and that is what the West appreciates.A world driven by carnal instincts is what is more prevalent and appealing to people as brother strive-may-i beautifully said.
It's like a bicycle whose back wheel(body) follows the front wheel(nafs),if the nafs is leading to a bad end where you're going to meet an accident then your body has no choice but to follow it.Otherwise if the front wheel(nafs) is controlled and moving in the right direction,the back wheel(body) will follow it.What the west wants is a bicycle without a front wheel or an uncontrolled front wheel bicycle(analogically speaking) and Islam gives us guidlines as to how to control front wheel so that we may not err and instead go in the right direction.If the driver is foolish,arrogant and irrational he will drive recklessly and arrogantly,disobeying guidelines and end up in the wrong destination(hell),if he is wise,humble and rational he will follow the guidelines and end up in the right destination (heaven) .The choice is our which civilization we wish to follow.

MuslimShadow

"If people cannot be assured of graves, I fear they will no longer die, and the best interests of civilisation will wither like a frosted leaf."
-Fantastic-Fables by Bierce, Ambrose

nowadays the word civilized has become blurred.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

The morals and ethics are not prone to change with span of time. These are static values. That is why message of Allah (SWT) to mankind through Quran is universal and as it was source of utmost guidance to mankind back 1400+ years back,it continues today and will continue in future till Qiyamah.

Regards.