Writing my first paper on Islam

alf2

Islam is a way of life
:salam2:

I am in nursing school and I have been asked to write a small paper on any religion or culture that is not the majority here. Of course i have chosen Islam.

But one problem....It can only be 150 words.
How can I possibly convey the major points of Islam in only 150 words!?

I wrote a 1st draft, 600 words. Okay too much. Revised.
Now it's at 400 words and I CANNOT MAKE IT SHORTER without removing important facts :girl3:

I think that i have to narrow it down to 1 aspect rather than a little of many factors (right now my paper has how Islam came to be, all the ethnicities that make up Muslims worldwide, hijab and Jesus in Islam)

I am thinking of revamping it to a small historical note of Pre-Islam Arabia and how Islam & Prophet Muhammad :saw: transformed it.

Thoughts?

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum,

150 words is too short. Maybe you can start of by saying " We, muslims, believe that our religion governs everything we are. The way we walk, talk, behave with others and every single thing of life. Is it possible to convey a whole life in 150 words?"

If I were you, I will concentrate on the concept of monotheism in Islam. That is something unique to Islam. If you analyze all the religion, Islam is the only religion that calls to worship one true God and not something that is created or has a human form.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Easy sister,

Islam is a way of life. Islam has a book, the Quran. It is the revealed word of Allah. The Messenger taught us how Allah wishes for His Religion to be practiced. We have the Sunna that gives us practical solutions. We use hadith, the words of the Prophet to guide us in learning the Quran and practicing the Quran. We have the five pillars. We have to fast, give charity, pray five times a day, go to Mecca and the shahada. It is the second largest faith in the world and is the fastest growing religion in the world. The backbone of Islam is that there is no compulsion in the faith. We have been given the criteria. There is nothing hidden. There is no magic. There is no intercession. It is all there easy and simple.

I hope this helps.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
LOL

Just write anything... it's not like they're going to convert because they read a 150 word leaflet, they either see the light or they don't. If you're serious about this, then write it and submit it to a good mainstream Islamic website eg. islamonline net

waslam alikom

alf2

Islam is a way of life
LOL

Just write anything... it's not like they're going to convert because they read a 150 word leaflet, they either see the light or they don't. If you're serious about this, then write it and submit it to a good mainstream Islamic website eg. islamonline net

waslam alikom

Im going to present it in class :)

I want to be sure its educational insha'Allah.
You never know what will turn someone's heart to Islam :)

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum.

My suggestions:-

1.Please exclude the pre- Islam arabia part.

2.Focus on the concept of God in Islam.

3.Include the benefits of Islam and at the end say it's for everyone.:)

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

I wish you the best of luck. I pray that it DOES touch someone's heart.

Since it has to be short, I would suggest (like others above) to concentrate on:

1. Monotheism
2. Religion for all mankind

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

MashaAllah that's quite a challange to abridge it in 150 words.May Allah help you.Ameen.
Give the literal meaning of Islam firstly then write about things that appeal to the innate nature embedded inside human beings(al fitrah) i.e concept of tawheed in Islam,"mention" the pillars of Islam and Iman(faith)and show how Islam is a philanthropic religion by "briefly" mentioning the huqooq ul 'ibaad(rights that we have upon other creations human,animals ,plants etc.)

Tomtom

Banned

I am in nursing school and I have been asked to write a small paper on any religion or culture that is not the majority here. Of course i have chosen Islam.

But one problem....It can only be 150 words.
How can I possibly convey the major points of Islam in only 150 words!?

I wrote a 1st draft, 600 words. Okay too much. Revised.
Now it's at 400 words and I CANNOT MAKE IT SHORTER without removing important facts :girl3:

I think that i have to narrow it down to 1 aspect rather than a little of many factors (right now my paper has how Islam came to be, all the ethnicities that make up Muslims worldwide, hijab and Jesus in Islam)

I am thinking of revamping it to a small historical note of Pre-Islam Arabia and how Islam & Prophet Muhammad :saw: transformed it.

Thoughts?

I've tried to write a short essay within the 150 words required, I've managed to make it 148 words :) have a look and if you like it feel free to use it or to edit it and use the bits that you need. Good luck and may Allah Subhana Wa Ta'la guide you. Ameen.

We are all formed in our mother’s womb by Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala and He breathes His spirit into our soul and gives us life. We are all born as muslims which means total submission to God and it is our parents who change us to their religion which they practice due to their forefathers.
Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala has always given mankind the same message through His prophets and messengers, the message is to worship Him alone without attributing any partners to Him, to pray at the stipulated times, to give charity to our brothers and sisters, to fast so that our sins are forgiven and our soul is purified, to make the pilgrimage to the Ka’aba in Mecca which is a holy house built to honour our Lord by Abraham (pbuh) and his son Ishma’el.
Islam means peace in the Arabic language. A Religion from God.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
LOL

Just write anything... it's not like they're going to convert because they read a 150 word leaflet..

I'm surprised at the confidence with which you say that, how can you possibly be so sure?

All any of us actually know is that Allaah controls the hearts, humility is due here.

Alf - all the best sis.

Wa-salam

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I hope I'm not too late to reply to this topic. Anyway, sister - just stick to the basics. Have an attention-grabbing first line. Something like "Since the beginning of civilization, different prophets came to different lands and different people. They all preached one same religion each time. However people changed what they brought, and mixed in their own cultural aspects to create a thousand religions man now practices. But what was this one and only religion sent by God? Islam." And then go further.

How long is 150 words? A page in Word, 12 font double spaced, or less?