Present Times

Mercury

:salam2: Everyone!
Hope you all are doing well Insha'allah.

Belonging to south Asia and being a part of a muslim family, it is so sad to see the deterioration of our society. All around me there is so much ignorance as far as religious rulings are concerned and freemixing has become a norm (even within my own family). People take pride in doing haram.
:astag:

I tried my best to break away from the stuff going around but it has isolated me from the rest of the society. It has become so very tough in the present sitaution to follow the islamic preaching of Amar bil maroof wa nahi anil munkar ( Enjoin the good and forbid the evil) People ridicule you for practising the very basic tenets of islam.

It makes one realise the very truth as stated by our Blessed Prophet (PBUH) "Islam began as something strange and will end as something strange"

Islam teaches us to have good company but in today's society people around me just don't care anymore. We have become so very weak in following the very essence of Islam. Muslims around me are impressed by Western society. Women are looking upto the feminism promoted in the West. They sadly do not understand the moral corruption it has caused and the havoc it has resulted in. They are beguiled by western culture.

It becomes even scarier realising the fact that we have seen the unfolding of the minor signs of the day of judgement just as Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had foretold. As far as my understanding goes, its the major signs that are left.

Hence, in these present circumstances and being unable to break away from society as man is a social being, what is one supposed to do? Anyone out there in a similar situation??

:tti_sister:

Sister Zohra

Wa Alaykum As Salam sister,

I can completely relate to you sister, and I'm sure most of us are in a similar situation - Muslim neighborhood or not. When I went to school (I'm homeschooling for a bit), it was so hard to find a good friend. I felt pretty lonely. Eventually, without me realizing, I started subconsciously accepting what others around felt was the norm. Shorts - why not? Free mixing - nothing wrong with it. I am glad that my parents enrolled me in home school for a bit. I think it helped me clear my head, to be away from all this immorality and chaos. But it's still a bit lonely, even when I go to weekend school at the masjid, I feel it is not much different from the middle school that I so disliked. I get along much better with older ladies and younger children than with most girls my age.

But there is a positive side. I'm becoming more close to my family and the couple friends I have with me. I learned to find comfort in du'a and that the only companionship I really need is with Allah. I feel more content with what I have.

It is hard sister. People around us affect us more than we think they do. But we shall try our best and do what we can - which for me is du'a, family, friends (however few they may be), and TTI.

Ershad

Walaikkum assalam wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

To complete what our Prophet :saw2: said:

Bada Al-Islamu ghariban (Islam began as strange)
Wa sa ya-'udhu ghariban (and it will return strange)
kama bada`aa (as it began)
Fa tooba lil ghuraba (so tooba [glad tidings] to the strangers)

Don't be sad. There is glad tidings for those who stick to the way of the Prophet :saw2: and the Salaf-us-Salih in their adab, Imaan with Ikhlaas (sincerity).

Don't give up for short-lived pleasures of earth. Be steadfast for the eternal one.

May Allah Guide us all.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

yes dear sister in islam, here i am in the same situation, even more living in a non-muslim enviroment.

i recently made a thread asking for back-up because i almost isolated my self and i restricted my world to only basic things, tryng to give blossom to a islamic life in the best way that i can, inchallah

all that you said..beeing strange, not understaood, people ridicule, even more considered abnormal...it is a blessing that we received this chance to get closer to Allah and to strive for the best, not everyone has this chance to be aware dear sister, be happy and patient.
We cant change the world, but at least to keep away from the things that may affect our deen, inchallah

He is the best Planner, The Sufficient, The Witness, alhamdullilah

:salam2:

Mercury

Walaikum masalam,
I do feel for those of you in nonmuslim countries- its definitely harder there. But its saddening to see Muslims today being no different. May Allah help and guide this Ummah to see the light of a better day.
As sister Zohra says " I learned to find comfort in du'a and that the only companionship I really need is with Allah." That is so true...
Ana Hajjer "We cant change the world, but at least to keep away from the things that may affect our deen, inchallah" couldn't agree more.
As the Prophet (SAW)said "Whoever amongst you sees an evil should change it with his hand. If he is unable to do that then with his tongue. If he is unable to do that, then with his heart, and that is the weakest level of Iman." (Muslim)
May Allah help each and everyone

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

But Allah subhana wa taala put us in this duyna. We are social beings. Islam is so clear on the need for community. We have to build it ourselves.

InshaAllah, each of you will be rewarded with the best of rewards in this life as well as the afterlife.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Asalaam aleykum wa Rahmatu Llah wa Barakatuhu.

"If Allah brings you to it,
He will bring you through it"
(that signature; with No doubt. "Kun fa Yakun".)

"When the world pushes you to your knees,
You are in the perfect position to pray".

....and here We go...forward ever-backwards never.