Why did you become Muslim ? (post your answer)

ShyHijabi

can you tell me, why muslims want people to join islam since you yourself have no sureness of salvation? if you yourself dont know where you will end up after you die then you have nothing to offer to those who are SURE of their salvation.

christians KNOW that they are already saved because Jesus went to the Cross to die for the humanity and all of our sins 2000 years ago. it is a done deal. we dont have to earn salvation by good works because salvation is a free gift: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast. " (eph 2:8-9)

also in christinaity we becme children of God and God Hiself comes to dwel in our hearts and you muslims are only slaves of allah and you have no personal contact nor relationship with allah... then agan you have nothing to offer to those who hear the voice of God and are healed by Jesus and are comforted by Him and are close to him...

There is no salvation in worshipping a human being. So you are guaranteed nothing. You are simply spouting back the hodgepodge of misguided religious education you have received. We worship one God and no others, He is above partners and was never conceived. You believe in the trinity (the word which you cannot find in your bible) and worship a man who was VOTED into deity by the Nicean Council. It would behoove you to actually research the history behind Christianity and how your bible was compiled by votes and editing.

rahman2040

can you tell me, why muslims want people to join islam since you yourself have no sureness of salvation? if you yourself dont know where you will end up after you die then you have nothing to offer to those who are SURE of their salvation.

christians KNOW that they are already saved because Jesus went to the Cross to die for the humanity and all of our sins 2000 years ago. it is a done deal. we dont have to earn salvation by good works because salvation is a free gift: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast. " (eph 2:8-9)

also in christinaity we becme children of God and God Hiself comes to dwel in our hearts and you muslims are only slaves of allah and you have no personal contact nor relationship with allah... then agan you have nothing to offer to those who hear the voice of God and are healed by Jesus and are comforted by Him and are close to him...

U came again,, i wont reply u as there will b no response from u.
any how as ur mind set for this some had scarified for ur sins.... then go on with ur sins and beliefs ,,, ur free to it,
I suggest u to rethink sister. even law would catch any person for their misdeeds,, how can he put blame on any body else will take this responsibility...

some body correct me if am wrong anywhere.
may Allah guide you

adara

:salam2: sister hayat

lol....

i love this quote......... insha'allah shall use this tag line in future ...

Jazak allah khair for this

wa salam

:)

Salam, I'm trying to study Islam and I find this side ever so helpful but I just come accross the quote above and I can't help to feel desepointed that pure Muslim would say that above Christians. It isn't fare to say that about Christians when there are tons of Muslim out there who think and do just Friday prayers, and no all Christians are like that. You have as much practicing Christian as there are in other religious. Think about it, please

a_stranger

Salam, I'm trying to study Islam and I find this side ever so helpful but I just come accross the quote above and I can't help to feel desepointed that pure Muslim would say that above Christians. It isn't fare to say that about Christians when there are tons of Muslim out there who think and do just Friday prayers, and no all Christians are like that. You have as much practicing Christian as there are in other religious. Think about it, please

You are right , there are many many muslems like that.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Dear please stop spamming the thread. It's against the rules of TTI to post stuff like you are posting.

Jazakallah khair.

Shak78

:salam2:

I became Muslim due to my thirst for knowledge. I was brought up in a home where I was free to make my choice in religion which I thank my mom for. I studied and studied and kept coming back to Islam. I was only 18 when I made my Shahada but I knew that after 2 years of study, that Islam was the only religion for me. My faith has waned at times but never gone away. My only regret my mother died an unbeliever before I could really do dua to her.

Tomtom

Banned
My early life was without God living an empty and unfulfilling life not caring about anything or anyone. I just meandered through life like that, even flirting with atheism as I have uttered the phrase "there is no God". I believe satan ruled my life and as proof I have broken relationships and people that I've hurt as witnesses. I had no love for humanity, I despised everybody on the planet, love was missing from my life.

When I reached forty years old something happened, I think I began to relfect on my life and I didn't like what I saw. I didn't like myself, a man without love and compassion, truly dispicable. I don't what happened or where the feeling came from but I wanted God, I needed God in my life. I still ask myself if He would ever forgive me.

So I started my search, I began to read the Bible and born as a christian the obvious place to start would be the church. For a while I attended church regularly, every day in fact during the afternoons. It felt good, and I began to notice people and recognised them as fellow seekers. It felt good sitting with elderly grandma type of ladies and I wished that I was a life long church goer like them and deep inside I envied them as I thought that they will be saved for attending church all of their life and I was going straight to hell. Still looking at the figurine on a wooden cross, Mary carrying a child and putting coins into the collection box below each and every saint didn't bring any satisfaction.

My interest in the church waned and I left to start a real search and understand God on my own terms. It only got worse, christian social networking sites didn't like me as I liked to argue and challenge the status quo. I felt I was being herded into a corner and the thought occurred to me that I will always be alone in this world and the next. Then for reasons I cannot explain I read the Holy Qur'an and I thought this guy Muhammed copied bits of the Bible and made a new religion. Then as I began to read it properly again and again some things began to hit home like "oh my god this Qur'an is explaining where the mistakes are in the Bible. Certain things are mentioned that are not in the Bible and it started to make sense. Where the Bible went wrong, the Qur'an is filling in the blanks. Then I joined Muslim Social Networking sites and engaged with people. This time the people whom I talked to, the knowledgeable ones, were saying things that I believed in and wanted to hear such as there is only ONE God, no man has EVER seen Him, He has always been outside of His creation, you do not need an intercessor to speak to Him etc.

So by this stage I was convinced that Islam was the true religion of God and everything about it made sense. However, I didn't immediately run down to the nearest masjid to take the Shahada. There were also other considerations, what will my family and friends will think? Am I betraying my religion and deserting Christianity? After weighing up everything and thinking that my salvation is more important than what people will say, I took the initiative and took the Shahada on 29 October 2011. There was no conflict and no confusion, only happiness and inner peace.

The more I read the Holy Qur'an and the Hadiths the more I'm convinced that Islam is the true religion and Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is the only True God.

May Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala be praised and worshipped always. Ameen.

Aziboy

Banned
Alhamdulillah I born in a Muslim Family and I pray that I and every believers die as Muslim as well... Ameen ya Rabb!

payi

I LOVE BEING MUSLIM!

when you QUESTION RELIGION TOO MUCH......you end up finding the answers or atleast everything LINKS in ISLAM!!!!!! MASHA ALLAH I LOVE BEING A MUSLIM, CANT TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING:tti_sister:

peace on you

I became a muslim to glorify Allah my intentions are pure and my thoughts so deep. That was. Along time ago . These day I'm so sad and so lost without any true people to guide me or help me. But I treasure islam. And will love to learn this forum is helping me. A little. But without. A leader its. So hard. And I feel if one has no guidance then its danggerous and the evil *!*!*!*!an trys to guide. I want to know. Why its. So hard to find a shiekh or imam or any allem to help ?

i beleive in your article and i am rreally upset for the lack english programme about islam.....
you can wright down "ahmed deedat" on google video or youtube....
i hope it will help you..
you brother abdelhakim

ashequemahmud

I want to know who are muslim? I think at present world there is no muslim. Because Islam is not establish now.To become a muslim, before you should must establish Islam.Then you will try to become a muslim.Otherwise no way to become a muslim.