Remembering Rachel Corrie

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Remembering Rachel Corrie

Four years ago, on March 16, 2003, Rachel Corrie 23, stood with her megaphone to stop the Israel Occupation Force (IOF) bulldozer that threatened the Gazzah home of the Nasrallah family. She had lived with that family and knew there were 5 children inside the home. The bulldozer driver did not stop and Rachel was crushed under the bulldozer. The IOF soldiers destroyed 2200 homes in that Rafah Gazzah town.

Rachel was a member of the International Solidarity Movement. Formed when the UN Security Council failed refused to send UN peacekeepers, Rachel joined a civilian movement from all over the world to help stand with Palestinians in their nonviolent struggle against the Zionists’ Nazi tactics.

In April, the Rebuilding Alliance and partner NGO Gaza Community Mental Health Programme is planning a celebration by opening of the first home in the Rachel Corrie Rebuilding Campaign in Gaza.

http://www.rebuildingalliance.org/

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Yes sister i remember her... She is from ISM... Who can forget her work...
Thanks...

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Yes sister i remember her... She is from ISM... Who can forget her work...
Thanks...

Salaam alaykum

thanks about your comment. From other islamic forum I posted this same post I got replay as "who cares? she was non-muslim". I can´t understand how anyone could think so? She died as protecting innocent children.

:shake:

May Allah be mercy also to her.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Yes she is a non muslim, some muslims do nothing to help the palestine situation but not she and the ISM...It is very sad...

Some of the ISM members are quite old already but their determination.. :mashallah:

About International Solidarity Movement

http://www.palsolidarity.org/main/

Please visit this site ...

I posted this site before . Actually u can join them...and be part of the nonviolent team... You need visa to get to Palistine.... It is better u are from US or Uk...Easier to get visa..

umm hussain

walaikum salam warahmatullah

Alhamdulillah she died whilst she was trying to protect children and it was good but still she has no place in paradise because she died as a disbeliever. There are many examples of people who helped Islam but died upon other than that and will be in the hellfire. One well known example is the prophets Uncle, he helped the Prophet Muhammad (salalahu alayhi wasalam) many times from persecution etc but he is in the hellfire because he did not say shahada

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
walaikum salam warahmatullah

Alhamdulillah she died whilst she was trying to protect children and it was good but still she has no place in paradise because she died as a disbeliever.

Salaam alaykum dear sister

don´t never forget that Allah is merciful. Maybe also for others than only muslims. How we could know the last truth?

your sister

saqlawi

Muslim Student
One American dies, and the world goes wild... thousands of Palestinians and the world is silent.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
One American dies, and the world goes wild... thousands of Palestinians and the world is silent.

Salaam alaykum

now you brother you don´t read this original post at all.

She died when she tried to protect life of innocent civilians. Just same is she was american or christian or what ever else. She was Palestinian as I am Palestian.

:shymuslima1:

May Allah be mercy also for her.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Salaam alaykum dear sister

don´t never forget that Allah is merciful. Maybe also for others than only muslims. How we could know the last truth?

your sister
Uh, I think you are forgetting sister that Allah will forgive anyone for any sin they commited if he has mercy on you, but one think he will not forgive anyone is if they commited Shirk. So, that goes from Abu Talib to Rachael and for anyone else. Even though Alllah will not releive them from the punishment of commiting Shirk and not being Muslim, Allah may ease a little bit of the punishment in Jahanam.

But as a muslim, there are a lot of other major sins like commiting Zenah and not wearing proper clothing and they can only be forgiven if you make Tuabah (repentence) in the Dunyah and vow to Allah that you will never commit it again.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
A tribute to Rachel Corrie, the heroine crushed to death under Israeli bulldozers!

“Love you. Really miss you. I have bad nightmares about tanks and bulldozers outside our house and you and me inside. Sometimes the adrenaline acts as an anesthetic for weeks and then in the evening or at night it just hits me again - a little bit of the reality of the situation. I am really scared for the people here. Yesterday, I watched a father lead his two tiny children, holding his hands, out into the sight of tanks and a sniper tower and bulldozers and Jeeps because he thought his house was going to be exploded. Jenny and I stayed in the house with several women and two small babies. It was our mistake in translation that caused him to think it was his house that was being exploded…”

– Those were the words of Rachel Corrie, the 23-year old peace activist tragically killed under Israeli bulldozers, to her mother.

Dear readers,

As we commemorate the fourth anniversary of the brutal killing of Rachel Corrie, let me pay a tribute to this heroine who sacrificed her life in protest against the Israeli destruction of Palestinian houses in Rafah.

No activist acted more heroically than did Rachel Corrie four years ago when, as recalls Huwaida Arraf, co-founder of the Palestinian-led International Solidarity Movement, which Corrie worked for, she died while “attempting to prevent the Israeli military from destroying Palestinian civilian homes. She was raising her hands and yelling at the bulldozer driver to stop. The bulldozer driver paid no attention. ... He buried Rachel with dirt, which ended up, obviously, knocking her down. Then he ran over her, and then reversed and ran over her again."

Nothing can be more heroic or noble than sacrificing one’s life for defending human beings, rights, or noble values.

To those who always attempt to change historic facts in a way that suits their goals, Corrie’s killing wasn’t accidental. The woman sat for about three hours in front of houses belonging to Palestinians, before the driver of the Israeli bulldozer drove over her. She was aware she was going to be brutally killed, but she wouldn’t care.

Rachel; we’ll always remember your loving spirit, your dedication to the Palestinian cause and your determination not to bow before even death in your struggle to aid the suffering population of Palestinians.

Sheikha Sajida,

Source:www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/article_full_story.asp?service_ID=13143

marzuki mohamed

for me Sis Rachel corrie 23 is a very brave Activists and a brave fighter..

that truely fight for palestinian people..she even braveviest than muslim

nation or people like us if i could say that eventhough she a non-muslim.

we will never forget the day he die defending palestinian house/people.

not many women have this kind of spirits nowdays.

wasalam.

umm hussain

for me Sis Rachel corrie 23 is a very brave Activists and a brave fighter..

that truely fight for palestinian people..she even braveviest than muslim

nation or people like us if i could say that eventhough she a non-muslim.

we will never forget the day he die defending palestinian house/people.

not many women have this kind of spirits nowdays.

wasalam.

People only know her because she made the headlines which the media always does when it is one of them who is killed. You say there are not many brave women out there, what exactly do you mean by that . How about the Palestinian Muslims, WOMEN, Men and Children And many other Muslim men and children all over the world who die defending their families and countries, of course they are not brave because we don't here about them in the News or maybe they are to blame because they are terrorists in their own land. How many pictures do we see of oppressed people, definitely not on the news but if it is a person concerned about the state of the Ummah you will see these people killed and no one even knows their names or doesn't even want to know. Why do the non Muslims think that their blood is more sacred than the Muslim ummah. Why are there no campaigns to remember the murdered Muslims all over the world by these world medias. If they do they are maybe campaigns to remember Muslims around the world but not individuals.

When there are 1 minute silences there are there to remember one of their own, how about the 1 minute silences for the Ummah, are we not people. When one of their own goes missing their willing to bombard a whole nation to save their own. They don't care about us but for some reason we feel we have to over sympathise with them.

This is truly upsetting.

Maybe we need to look at more of pictures like these links below and less off the biased news to appreciate and remember that there are BRAVE Muslim, men women and children who deserve to be known by name as well we dont need non muslims to defend us we have the help of Allah. Forgive me for my RANT but I have to get this of my chest, I would have said a lot more but it isn't worth it.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5746

There is also a section where you can see the many Brave women, men and children on the current affairs media section.
I dont see all the fuss about your SIS Rachel, there are many more who deserve our sympathy and dua at least.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

yes sister umm hussain . thats why i try to post any palistenean news here..
n this articles has nothing to do with Rachael..

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam alaykum

I respect Rachel just because she wasn´t neither Palestinian nor muslim but still was ready to die for hers "sisters" and "brothers". She was strong woman who just wanted to tell to other world about what zionist terrorism really is. And by this she made hers best.

Rest in Peace.

sister Harb