2 years today...

Shak78

:salam2:

It has been two years today that I took my last drink of alcohol. I had no realized that it had been that long. For my husband it has been almost two months for him. Inshallah he will continue to stay sober which is harder then it seems. I just wanted to share this happy anniversary with my brothers and sisters.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

Alhamdulillah, that is good. Alcohol is a poison.

may Allah increase us all in iman and keep us away from all evil.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah,

Good to hear, Alhamdu'lillaah. Remain strong.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

First of all, congratulations, sister.

I have not had a drink in almost a month myself. I quit for a few months, but I fell back into it. The lure of alcohol is strong for me. It is probably my greatest weakness along with women. I just can't seem to break the hold of demon liquor over me...

I just try to take things one day at a time.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
ALLAHU AKBAR! ALLAHU AKBAR! With allah swt we can do anything.

I have not had a drink in almost a month myself. I quit for a few months, but I fell back into it. The lure of alcohol is strong for me. It is probably my greatest weakness along with women. I just can't seem to break the hold of demon liquor over me...

Come on bro, you can do it! Just decide you WILL NOT drink anymore. Then stick to it. When you pass a liquor store, keep driving. When you're in the grocery store, slip that aisle all together.

My mother was an alcoholic for a long time, almost all of my childhood as well as a drug addict. If she can kick it, I believe in you too! May allah swt save you from the evils of this life, ameen.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As salam 'alaykum waraahmtu-llah

may Allah protect you two and your eeman
just seek Allah's help and stay firm

may Allah save us from the fitnah of alcoholo and all other haram things.

barakAllahu feekum for sharing

wassalamun 'alayka

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

Mashaa'Allaah ukht, and mabrook

Akh JustAGuy, concertrate on your salah, it should solve you prob. (easy said than done I know)

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Salaam sister!
Wow Mashallah! 2 years! thats amazing! Im sure your loved ones are very proud of you and you must be happy about your achievement too. May Allah continue to help you strive in His path and your husband too!
Way to go!

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
1) Strength of faith (eemaan) is the best weapon to help one give up alcohol/marijuana etc...

2) Going saudi for hajj/umrah is alos very useful as when ur there its rare (if not impossible) to get these things...

3) Also the company u keep is a huge factor here...

Kakorot

It has been two years today that I took my last drink of alcohol. I had no realized that it had been that long. For my husband it has been almost two months for him. Inshallah he will continue to stay sober which is harder then it seems. I just wanted to share this happy anniversary with my brothers and sisters.

MashaAllah sister, may Allah give you the strength to carry on.

When my dad craves alcohol he drinks malt/non-alcoholic beer etc. I think he drinks them as a substitute to alcohol and it must be very hard! But just remember about the wine that will be served to the people in paradise and you want to be of them inshaAllah.

strive-may-i

Good one day at a time is goood!
And when the urge gets stronger, just become lazy, and convince yourself, skip it this time ...
:)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Alhamdulillah!

~~~
:wasalam:

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

Allah swt Ban alcohol
in our system
so
We really do not need it
at all!!!

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

Well I made it through this weekend without any alcohol. It wasn't easy but I did it.

One day at a time. That's all I can do.

Shak78

Well I made it through this weekend without any alcohol. It wasn't easy but I did it.

One day at a time. That's all I can do.

Well done, that is all you can do, one day at a time. My husband slipped up this weekend. It is a tough battle and I wish you nothing but luck brother, I know what its like on both sides.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Well done, that is all you can do, one day at a time. My husband slipped up this weekend. It is a tough battle and I wish you nothing but luck brother, I know what its like on both sides.

I quit drinking for about 4 months last year, but all of my old drinking buddies had a reverse intervention for me to start drinking again. They said that I was too much of a jerk when I was sober and they wanted the old me back. :angryred: