Games

-Marwan-

:salam2:

I was playing a game on a website and i named myself "SoldierOfAllah" my brother then said that it is haram to call yourself this as it has the Allah's name included? is this true or am i allowed to keep it

Jazakallah khairan

Al-Imraan

Well your brother cant just say that he has to have evidence im not saying its haram or halal but ask your brother wheres the evidence

strive-may-i

:salam2:

I was playing a game on a website and i named myself "SoldierOfAllah" my brother then said that it is haram to call yourself this as it has the Allah's name included? is this true or am i allowed to keep it

Jazakallah khairan

Dont keep it. Your friend has a point. Haraam/Halaal.. I cannot give the ruling. But here are my thoughts

Let me give an example. Lionel Messi is a brilliant footballer. right? When he plays for his club, he gets credited, when he plays for his nation, he gets less credit, because he scores less. Lets not get to details of why he scores less... Just fact, he has not been able to score.
So lets say the opponent team is Germany. Can you imagine how messi will be mocked, his nation will be mocked?? Messi represents his team, his country choose him to represent them, so the mocking ones, will blame both the player and the body the player represents, is it not??

I do not approve anybody to call themselves my soldier, my soldier has standards, while playing a game i dont take every position or role, i have my limits, i have my likes, i play to my strengths. And not everyone will be part of my team, I will choose to suit my whims/goals... Am sure you agree to what I have to say about my players/soldiers in the game...

Now start thinking...
Now am I upto the standards set by Almighty ? The Prophets were, the Auliya's were, they proved themselves. With lofty words, matching deeds and piety, they are closest to Allah, just the best, capable and Closest to Allah. Me. Too too far away. Am not sure If am a worthy slave, in first place. Am weakest...

Hope this helps.