Big Quake 'Could Hit Tokyo Within Four Years'!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:salam2:
greeting!

Big quake 'could hit Tokyo within four years'

Japanese researchers have warned of a 70 percent chance that a magnitude-seven earthquake will strike Tokyo within four years, a report said Monday -- much higher than previous estimates.
Researchers at the University of Tokyo's earthquake research institute based the figure on data from the growing number of tremors in the capital since last year's March 11 earthquake off northeast Japan, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported.
According to the meteorological agency, an average of 1.48 earthquakes with magnitudes ranging from three to six have occurred per day in and near Tokyo since March.
That is around five times as many as before the disaster, the researchers said, according to the Yomiuri.
The Japanese government has forecast that the chance of a major quake of magnitude seven or more in the Tokyo region is 70 percent over the next 30 years.
Naoshi Hirata, one of the University of Tokyo researchers, said the results showed that seismic activity had increased in the area around the capital, which was expected to lead to a higher probability of a major quake.

The 9.0-magnitude earthquake last year and the resulting tsunami left more than 19,000 people dead or missing and crippled the cooling systems at the Fukushima nuclear power station, causing meltdowns in some of its reactors.
The last time a "big one" struck Tokyo was in 1923, when the magnitude-7.9 Great Kanto Earthquake claimed more than 100,000 lives, many of them in fires. Previously, in 1855, the Ansei Edo quake also devastated the city.
Japan, located on the tectonic crossroads known as the "Pacific Ring of Fire" and dotted with volcanoes, is one of the world's most quake-prone countries, with Tokyo lying in one of its most dangerous areas.
The megacity sits on the intersection of three continental plates -- the Eurasian, Pacific and Philippine Sea plates -- which are slowly grinding against each other, building up enormous seismic pressure.

~News.
Japan Earthquake 8.9 Tsunami hits (11 March 2011)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pityTi42O3Q[/ame]

Now,
nobody want to shake the earth
... to wake the sleeping quake.

Thank you
you for reading,

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Shak78

If you look at the tectonic zone Tokyo is sitting on it's more likely then not. That area is so very active seismically aka The Ring of Fire. I am still waiting for a major quake to hit Southern California when the San Andreas fault goes.

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
It could come anytime, it doesn't have to take 4 years.... It is by the Will of ALLAH.... As matter of fact, higher magnitude earthquakes are occurring now everyday...

ALLAH KNOWS BEST...

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR SISTER....

MAY ALLAH SAVE AND PROTECT US ALL FROM THE NATURAL DISASTERS...

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I have been hearing for decades about how California will become an island after a massive earthquake in the San Andreas Faultline.

It has not happened.

It probably will not happen.

strive-may-i

I have been hearing for decades about how California will become an island after a massive earthquake in the San Andreas Faultline.

It has not happened.

Recollect you telling me you are a history guy. Hope you have interest in geography too...

*They think, aided by computer modelling * a few milllllllion years in future and all the continents could end up together once again...

strive-may-i

If you look at the tectonic zone Tokyo is sitting on it's more likely then not. That area is so very active seismically aka The Ring of Fire. I am still waiting for a major quake to hit Southern California when the San Andreas fault goes.
:wasalam:
Dear Sister!

Waiting/Wanting to see a natural calamity...?
After seeing the Tsunami from Media report/ earthquake Japan, I say no!!!

When I was small, my grandmother used to tell that her grandmother used to tell about a great cyclone like thing, and the waves supposedly rose soooo high that they went over a tall full grown coconut tree and flames could be seen under the waves... Guess one of the great tsunami's of past! Just like the Alaskan one which went 1500+ feet tall.

The recent Japanese quake of 8.9. It scared, and even the wittiest folks there think not to joke about it!. Had it tripped a bit more on scale, it would have been havoc, many buildings do not survive those seismic energy levels.. The coastline shifted by 8 feet at some places!!! reports say earth axis shifted, in effect the day could become longer or shorter by few milliseconds to seconds :p

Never even underestimate. be happy with a roller coaster rider instead ... I say!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

~~~

Now that they have met the worse the latest news
reported that the worse is due to come again,
poor Japan.

Before San Andreas lets us hope
that evacuation process has taken place.

Thank you for reading,
Take care,
~Wassalam .

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
It could come anytime, it doesn't have to take 4 years.... It is by the Will of ALLAH.... As matter of fact, higher magnitude earthquakes are occurring now everyday...

ALLAH KNOWS BEST...

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR SISTER....

MAY ALLAH SAVE AND PROTECT US ALL FROM THE NATURAL DISASTERS...
~~~

True!
Many news reported that it will strike any time from now
once that the major one had appeared in March the tremor didn't seem to rest.
Poor Japan.

Thank you for reading,
Take care,
~Wassalam

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

It has not happened.

~~~

A Volcano can sleep for decades.
But
When a volcano is sleeping
doesn't mean it not active.

True,
let just hope it will remain sleeping
forever.

...So nobody try to wake it up!
:astag:

Thank you
for reading,brother.
Take care,
~Wassaalam

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Recollect you telling me you are a history guy. Hope you have interest in geography too...

*They think, aided by computer modelling * a few milllllllion years in future and all the continents could end up together once again...

History and geography go hand-in-hand. I am something of an amaeteur geologist as well, and I have seen the computer models you are talking about.

strive-may-i

It has not happened.

Recollect reading this before, found it again.

From : http://www.earthquakecountry.info/10.5/MajorMovieMisconceptions/

FICTION: California will split apart from the rest of the United States and become an island/Oceanfront property in Barstow

FACT: California is split by a transform plate boundary separating the Pacific plate from the North American plate. This means that the land west of the San Andreas fault is sliding northwest past the rest of the United States, towards San Francisco. This sliding does not create any space between the two plates for water to fill in. Just like if you rub your hands together, your hands are sliding past each other, but there is no space opening up in between them.

In fact, because there is a bend in the San Andreas Fault, the land on both sides of the fault (at the bend) are actually converging and getting closer together. This is what caused the formation of the Transverse Ranges, mountains to the northeast of the Los Angeles basin. The 1994 Northridge earthquake (M 6.7) is an example of an earthquake caused by this convergence.

Independent of plate motion, Barstow is at an elevation of over 2100 feet (640 meters). This means that the ocean water would have to travel significantly uphill to even reach Barstow.

So there will be no oceanfront property in Barstow or anywhere else in central California.

Bro 'Just a Guy' an amateur you are, thats nice to know, I could learn something from you..! And let me clear it up am not, am just a news reader...

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Recollect reading this before, found it again.

Bro 'Just a Guy' an amateur you are, thats nice to know, I could learn something from you..! And let me clear it up am not, am just a news reader...

Well, plate tectonics is something of an amateur interest of mine. It goes along with my being an Atlantophile and having done extensive research on the possibility of an Atlantis existing sometime in the past...

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

And above all of our knowledge
Only Allah swt Knows Best.

Thank you
for reading.

~Wassalam :)