Dancing? Can a muslim sister join dance classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

Is it ok to staff of this forum that we discuss in public what wife can do with hers husband to pleasure him (like dancing)? Thats why it is asked to move to non-public forum. Sorry if staff member see simple question only as "silly"

Oh, you don't have to discuss anything at all, no one is forcing you to mention wives and husbands, you've chosen to mention it as a context to justifying what is haram, and now you're embarrassed? Lol.

As for this topic, its inherently silly especially since dancing to music is what is understood to be going on and this is haram, a Muslim who understands this and fears Allah would not indulge in such a jahil practise.

Wa-salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

This thread should be kept here, as it can help other visitors. - Sister Harb, please make a new Thread in the Sister Only Section.

Wasalam.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I just answered to thread and let right to original poster of this thread to make kind of new one to sisters only sectioin.

Dear al-fajr;

it wasn´t me who first mentioned husband and wife matters but by this other sisters asked to move this thread. May Allah forgive you your sarcastic words to simple sister.

:tti_sister:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Dear al-fajr;

it wasn´t me who first mentioned husband and wife matters but by this other sisters asked to move this thread. May Allah forgive you your sarcastic words to simple sister.

:tti_sister:
Ameen.

I recommend Physiotherapy for any sisters with back problems, dancing is not the solution.

The following extract can be read within context here: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/9290

Thirdly:

With regard to dancing, it is not permissible in front of men, non-mahrams, mahrams or women, because of the fitnah that may be caused by the movements of the body. It is well known that women may feel desire for one another, and even if that is not the case, there is no guarantee that one of them will not go back to her menfolk and describe to them what she has seen of the beauty of the dancer and her movement, so this may affect the men and may cause a great deal of mischief. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade such things.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should look at another woman then describe her to her husband so that it is as if he can see her.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4839.

In the early days the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) allowed effeminate men to enter upon woman, but when he saw one of them describing women and disclosing their secrets, he forbade them from doing that.

It was narrated from Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her): The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon me and there was an effeminate man with me. I heard him say to ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi Umayyah, “O ‘Abd-Allaah, if Allaah should enable you to conquer al-Taa’if tomorrow you should look for the daughter of Ghaylaan…” then he described her. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “These people should not enter upon you.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3980; Muslim, 4048.

The alluring movements of a woman are part of her ‘awrah, and it is not permissible for her to show them to anyone but her husband.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Dancing is makrooh in principle, but if it is done in the western manner or in imitation of the kaafir women, then it becomes haraam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Moreover it sometimes leads to fitnah, because the dancer may be a young, beautiful woman, so the other women are tempted. Even if she is among other women, the other women may do things that indicate that they are temped by her. And whatever is a cause of fitnah is not allowed.

Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh, q. 1085.

And he said:

With regard to dancing on the part of women, it is an evil action and we cannot say that it is permissible, because we have heard of incidents that have occurred among women because of it. If it is done by men that is even worse, because that is men imitating women, and the evil involved is well known. If dancing is done among a mixed group of men and women, as some of the foolish do, that is even worse because of the mixing and great fitnah involved, especially when that is done at a wedding party.”

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 3/187.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

We better leave this matter as it rise tensions and say Allah knows the best. May He only shows us right path by this and other matters.

Ameen.

Kittyn

I'm back. Yes I agree move this to the sister's section. Astaghfiruallah.

I had over looked the fact that brothers would be reading this thread.

Sorry

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Why this is still in public even creater of thread have asked to move it?

:girl3: Oh what kind of mods here! Listen your members!

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

So.. is headbanging considered dancing? :p

Sorry... just trying to lighten the mood a little. I sense some tension here between our sisters, and I want to try to ease that...

esperanza

revert of many years
dancing in weddings?

what about dancing in weddings..all women wedding parties,,
i have been to an islamic wedding where women are dancing,,,

complex_man

@esperanza

this is a salafi website , i guess no fatwas accepted from al azhar. only fatwas accepted which are from salafi scholars. hard liners and non flexible.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Didn´t you read before? Also women may feel desire when see other women dancing.

:shymuslima1: My islam is not this as thinking what is haraam all the time. Sorry to those whose feel it is.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
@esperanza

this is a salafi website , i guess no fatwas accepted from al azhar. only fatwas accepted which are from salafi scholars. hard liners and non flexible.

Oh sorry I have thinking this is islamic website to all muslims, not onkly to salafis! Why you don´t tell here this is only to muslims whose think by some way?

Others non-welcome?

complex_man

Didn´t you read before? Also women may feel desire when see other women dancing.

:shymuslima1: My islam is not this as thinking what is haraam all the time. Sorry to those whose feel it is.

i agree with you. i decide what is haram and what is not by thinking logically and rationally. what results are intended by ordering it as haram. many things are not haram but we do them by becoming more strict. islam is not all haram. there are limits to everything. i am good at writing but i guess you will get my point

complex_man

Oh sorry I have thinking this is islamic website to all muslims, not onkly to salafis! Why you don´t tell here this is only to muslims whose think by some way?

Others non-welcome?

you are here since 2006 then you should have realized this long ago. i realized only in two months. any opinion different from salafis is rejected here. just try this and you will know

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
you are here since 2006 then you should have realized this long ago. i realized only in two months. any opinion different from salafis is rejected here. just try this and you will know

I wouldn´t listen.

Those salafis have tolareted me since 2006 even I am not salafi at all and all those years I wrote what I really believe.

May Allah makes them more and more tolerant to others opinions.

:muslim_child:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

For sake of modesty this thread should move to better place. Unfortunately admins of forum seem to be blind for kind of requests.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member

For sake of modesty this thread should move to better place. Unfortunately admins of forum seem to be blind for kind of requests.

Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'rahmatullaah,

Brother moderators are not allowed to move thread's to the sister's section sister. Brother Mabsoot in a post earlier said it would be better for this thread to remain so that visitors could benefit and a new thread discussing what is being discussed right now (more specific I guess) could be opened in the sister's section. If the thread takes a more mature turn (which it kinda has) then it might be better in the sister's section although brother mod's can't do that.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

There was no need for this in the public section at all.

As brother Mabsoot said, you had the option of making your own thread, the initial post was about joining a dance class.

Aapa and Sister harb: you both appear utterly incapable of creating your own thread in the Sisters section for an extended discussion of your choice. I'll have to make one for you and move these unnecessary posts from the public section, to the Sisters Only.

I can't help but think your posts here have been highly irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.