Dancing? Can a muslim sister join dance classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

It was not my thread. I simply urged and urged and asked that we move the thread. When it was stated it was not necessary I simply addressed the issue head on.

There was nothing irresponsible about what I wrote. I wrote the truth. I said it was going to be adult.

Sister, this is not the way I wanted the topic to turn.

Sister Harb and I are big girls. We do not get upset easily. We are not the moderators on this forum.

How did we get to Salafi from dancing??That is a big leap...that is the more interesting topic.

esperanza

revert of many years
????

assalam al aykum imreading this and windering why a simple thread got so heated,

one,,,the subject matter is not so sensitive,,is dancing allowed or not,,,there are many much more sensitive matters discussed in open forum especially by brothers

two,,,my post was deleted,,,ok ishould not quote another site,,,but iwould appreciate knowing why dancing AMONG WOMEN ONLY IS NOT ALLOWED

three,, its confiusing and sometimes annoying hearing this shiekh is good this is wrong this school of thought is right this is wrong,,,ican imagine many new muslims would be very confused

four,,, ilive in an islamic country among all muslims for twenty years,,,
where women only wedding parties,,are normal.
those which are islaimic are with the special kind of drum ,,but women are dancing,,,

five in my husbands family( not saudi) we have shiekh who is actualluy a teacher of many islamic teachers inschool here

and yes of course they do not listen to music watch tv..etc etc,,but thye have islamic weddings wiht danicng

so can somone pleae explain what is the wrong

also ibelieve were all adult,,,and this is a discussion about one topic dancing,,and ithink we can all learn from views opinions of sisters and brothers

well thats my rant today,,,forgive me if isound angry,,iwoke after little sleep wiht a head ache and found this,,so took my frustration here

MAy Allah guide us all

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
:salam2:

I wouldn´t listen.

Those salafis have tolareted me since 2006 even I am not salafi at all and all those years I wrote what I really believe.

May Allah makes them more and more tolerant to others opinions.

:muslim_child:

:wasalam:
Sister, I didn't mean any offense at you at all but it is not a correct way to deal with things, Its not like "It seems OK to me hence it must be halaal, now I just Google for a fatwa from some random scholar to support it". Plz spare a few minutes and listen to what he is saying, he shares his own story:

[yt]QJOelOqSIAw[/yt]

esperanza

revert of many years
interesting point

just an observation

forty four people care to discuss about dancing and whether haram,,,but only two people care to comment on the people waiting for death in syria,,,,,strange,,,,,so where do our priorities lie,,,

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

I have heard from many other muslims that they don´t see music is haraam - no need to study this matter, just listen others.

Also others whose have got help to they problems of back have told dancing has helped them.

For kind of knowledge you don´t need to study anything - just be able to listen others opinions.

:wasalam:

Opinions held by majority of people (muslims or non muslims) was never an indicator of what is correct or wrong. The truth is always within the revelation (Quran and Sunnah) understood in accordance with the way of our pious predecessors Salaf us Saliheen.

“The words of your Lord are complete in its truth and justice. Nothing can change His Words – He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. If you obeyed most of those on earth, they would lead you away from the path of Allah. They follow nothing but speculation – they are merely guessing.”
(6:115-6:116)

When we hear about two conflicting views about a particular matter regarding our deen, we have been given a tool to which way is the correct one as mentioned in the Quran

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result.
(4:59)

And we have warned by Allah Almighty regarding this matter that is if we deliberately choose to ignore the Quran and Sunnah

It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error. (33:36)

Also the following hadith,

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah said, ‘All of my Ummah will enter Paradise except those who refuse.’ It was asked, ‘Who will refuse?’ He said, ‘Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise and whoever disobeys me has refused.’ (Saheeh Bukhaari)

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
just an observation

forty four people care to discuss about dancing and whether haram,,,but only two people care to comment on the people waiting for death in syria,,,,,strange,,,,,so where do our priorities lie,,,

Yes dear it is very sad but it tell a lot about state of ummah these days. People are more interesting to sit on they computers and judging others whose dance, listening music or give roses to friends at Valentines day.

I just yesterday talked with brother who left his comfortable life and went to Syria helping brothers and sisters there. He is Turkish and really knows situation in there as last summer he already was there and wounded serious in one demonstration.

While arguing this all nonsense here please make dua to those real brothers whose don´t afraid also to fight for rights of they brothers and sisters.

:shymuslima1:

Kittyn

You guyzzz, I was only asking a question..

And I got my answer. Jazakallah.

BTW I was not knowledgeable of what was going on in Syria at the time.

I SEE that dancing is haram. Dancing with namahram men, watching people dance, and encouraging these two are haram. I would say that a woman dancing among other women is... Ok? Because if a woman were to have some sort of attraction towards another woman it would be the first woman's responsibility to resist these feelings and also resist acting upon those feelings, assuming they are all muslim. Of course it would depend on the intentions of the women dancing. Allah knows the intentions that are in everyones heart and mind. So I may say what must be said:

ALLAH KNOWS BEST!!!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

A Salafi (Arabic: سلفي‎) is a follower of a Sunni Islamic movement, Salafiyyah, that is supposed to take the Salaf who lived during the patristic period of early Islam as model examples.[1] The word Salafi should not be confused with the Arabic word Salaf ("predecessor" or "forefather"), and the first three Muslim generations are collectively referred to as "as-Salaf as-Saleh", or The Pious Predecessors.[2] The generations are specifically called the Sahabah ("Companions"), the Tabi‘un ("Followers") and the Tabi‘ al-Tabi‘in ("Followers of the Followers"). These three generations and their understanding of the texts and tenets of Islam are considered by the Salafis as the Islamic orthodoxy.

Salafism has usually been used by Sunni theologians since the fifth Muslim generation or earlier to differentiate the creed of the first three generations from subsequent variations in creed and methodology (see Madhab).[3][4] Landmarks in the history of Salafi da'wah are Ahmad ibn Hanbal (d.240 AH / 855 AD) who is known among Salafis as Imam Ahl al-Sunnah, and one of the three scholars commonly titled with the honorific Sheikh ul-Islam, namely, Taqi ad-Deen Ibn Taymiyyah (d.728 AH / 1328 AD) and Ibn al-Qayyim (d.751 AH / 1350).[5][6][7] In contemporary times, Salafism has become associated with literalist, strict and puritanical approaches to Islamic theology. In the West the term Salafi has become particularly associated with Muslims who espouse violent jihad against civilians as a legitimate expression of Islam, the so-called Salafi Jihadis.[8] Salafis follow the Athari interpretation of Aqidah, and are generally opposed to Taqlid.

Says Wiki

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
You guyzzz, I was only asking a question..

And I got my answer. Jazakallah.

BTW I was not knowledgeable of what was going on in Syria at the time.

I SEE that dancing is haram. Dancing with namahram men, watching people dance, and encouraging these two are haram. I would say that a woman dancing among other women is... Ok? Because if a woman were to have some sort of attraction towards another woman it would be the first woman's responsibility to resist these feelings and also resist acting upon those feelings, assuming they are all muslim. Of course it would depend on the intentions of the women dancing. Allah knows the intentions that are in everyones heart and mind. So I may say what must be said:

ALLAH KNOWS BEST!!!

Sorry that we whose don´t see all joyce of life as haraam things are opposite here.

But yes Allah knows best.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

If I don´t feel myself as salafi, am I worse muslim than "salafis"?

wa alaykum salam,

anteeksi Sister, but this is going off-topic..

We are all Muslim here alhamdulillah. "Salafiyah" is just a name for the manhaj "way" and it means simply to follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah according to the early generations of Muslims (salaf). I do not think any Muslim should proclaim themselves not as "salafi", as it means not wishing to be upon the way of the early Muslims.

We must unite and do our best to stick to the Qur'an and the sunnah. This is what Allah wants from us and not to fight or go separate ways.

As Allah subhana wa ta'ala said:

"O you who believe! Obey Allāh, and obey the Messenger (Muhammad) and render not vain your deeds." (47: 33)

Quran and Sunnah is basis for the Ummah to Unite

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

I happened to find this video on youtube that contains an audio recording of Sh Albaani rahimullah fatwa about the topic of women dancing in weddings with english translation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRburpsSNrk[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.