Islamic Decals/stickers

ripefig

:salam2:

I just wanted to voice my observation concerning these Islamic oriented stickers. Some of us love to post these stickers on our bumpers, walls, doors etc. Recently I came across someone who posted numerous stickers on the exterior of her apartment door, some of them were in Arabic/Quranic writing, while others were like (this is a Muslim house hold, please remove your shoes etc.) This hallway is shared by other people who are not Muslim. After the building management painted the hallways and doors etc she plastered stickers all over the door which really stood out compared to the rest of the hallway where everyones door is clean. Management removed the stickers and repainted the door which made her very upset. I indicated to her that I agreed with management and if she wanted to post stickers, it should be done inside her unit. I was verbally insulted for my view in this matter.

I have no problem with the advertisment of Islamic literature for the purpose of Dawah, but my point is, the best and most effective way to give Dawah is to set an example of good character and good actions. If we want to put bumper stickers on our cars, we should not drive in an offensive manner which takes place ever so often. As for placing religious stickers/symbols (Islamic or not) in a common area shared by people of different faiths should not be done in my humble opinion. Even if we want to use these stickers, it shoul be done in a responsible manner.

muslimah2012

sis one should not annoy their neighbour
so she shouldnt have put htem back up especially on freshly painted doors as its a indication the management is trying to nicen up the place
but some people jsut see it as a invite to decorate ..
so give her some excuses as she feels all her decorating whent to waste and from what i hear them stickers are expensive
she should be greatful she wasnt made to pay for it to be re painted
but sometimes also sis mentioning something to a neighbour can irritate them further when normally they most likely wouldnt mind so we need to pick our time to say something ...
and some things we should just smile and dissagree without them knowing as its not worht the hard feelings
us women can be brutal for no apparent reason other then someone not agreeing with us ..
if we want to remind ourself of the dua and others best way is to sut make it a habit sticking things on things doesnt always work as we get use to seeing it and get lazy
but reminding ourself and others to say them becomes a routine even when you dont have it plastered everywer
also if something with Allah is writen on a door way where non muslims live they can come and write something on it that may offend the muslim ...

ripefig

I am not a sis :)

She actually demanded that management pay for the stickers, made a huge scene. And yes, they leave the Quranic writing open to be tampered with.

muslimah2012

sorry about that ( im not sure why i thought you are a sister)
but yes the duas are for memorising as having the writing is of no benifet
it seems you should have been advising the sister to not be putting them on their for more then annoying management

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

Yes I agree with brother Ripefig, this sort of behaviour is not very wise nor Islamic. We should abide by the rules of the place we reside. There are many other better ways she can give da'wah, one of them is by having the best of behaviour and courteousness.