Salah Question.

Abdullah5576

Asalamulaykum Warahmatulla Wabarakatu. Of course you can! its 100% possible :). For example if you miss Asr (which you should never miss because Allah does not look at the one who misses fajr or asr on the day of judgement) but its time for Mahgrib, you would pray Mahgrib then pray Asr.

serena77

Asalamulaykum Warahmatulla Wabarakatu. Of course you can! its 100% possible :). For example if you miss Asr (which you should never miss because Allah does not look at the one who misses fajr or asr on the day of judgement) but its time for Mahgrib, you would pray Mahgrib then pray Asr.

oh no i'm so stupid i thought it was the other way around
salaams and jakazallah khair for the correction
Serena

Cr1xus

oh no,no,no..... I mean to make up for the 9 years i missed :frown: . (suppose to start praying from age 10 right?)

Abdullah5576

oh no,no,no..... I mean to make up for the 9 years i missed :frown: . (suppose to start praying from age 10 right?)

Yes you can. The prophet encouraged one to pray 2 rakats before and after salah to compensate for any salah they missed in the past. As time goes on you will end up having no salah missed but if Allah calls you before you make up your salah then Allah will forgive because he is Ar Rahman Ar Raheem

AbuIbrahiim

Yes you can. The prophet encouraged one to pray 2 rakats before and after salah to compensate for any salah they missed in the past. As time goes on you will end up having no salah missed but if Allah calls you before you make up your salah then Allah will forgive because he is Ar Rahman Ar Raheem

:salam2:

brother i think you misunderstood what our prophet(pbuh) meant, the prophet meant when he said do sunnah prayers, he meant incase one of us is short of his/her prayers meaning the reward for praying correctly in the day of judgement. not because if someone didn't pray for a while or for a long time. how can he even make up prayers when he can not even know how many there is to makeup. please brother i would like to encourage you to be careful how you answer this kind of matter if you don't have the knowledge or the correct answer.

AbuIbrahiim

brother can you give me your hadith reference for your first answer. where did you get this hadith from?

your response will be much appreciated inshaaALLAH,

jazakalah kheyr

AbuIbrahiim

AbuIbrahiim

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to make up for missed prayers?

brother, i will like to encourage you to counsel an Imam in your community in this matter because yes you missed for 9 years but we need to know why and many others thing before we answer to your question inshaaALLAH. This question needs to be answered by an Imam to discuss more with you inshaaALLAH.
The reason i am telling you to talk to an Imam is because if you need to make up all the prayers that you missed it adds up to (17 raka'ah per dayX30 days in a monthX12months in a yearX9years of total you missed)=55080 Raka'ahs which is very difficult to do. My point is talk to an Imam so he can tell you the correct answer.
JAK,

AbuIbrahiim,

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

What should I do about the Salah (Prayer) which I did not offer for four years in the past?

A: If you did not offer one of the Five Obligatory Salahs because of forgetfulness, sleep, or something that you thought was an excuse for you, you have to make up for this Salah even if this happened in the distant past. You will not be free from responsibility unless you make up for these Prayers according to the Saying of the Prophet (peace be upon him): He who misses a prayer because he sleeps or forgets it, should offer it when he remembers it, there is no expiation for it, except this. But if you did not offer this Salah intentionally or out of negligence, you have to repent to Allah of this sin and you do not have to make up for the missed Salah; because according to the soundest view of religious scholars, abandoning Salah is Kufr (disbelief) even if you do not deny that it is obligatory. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: What makes one a disbeliever and a polytheist is abandoning prayers. (Related by Muslim in his Sahih book) He (peace be upon him) also said: That which differentiates us from the disbelievers and hypocrites is our performance of Salat. He who abandons it, becomes a disbeliever. (Related by Imam Ahmad and Ahl-ul-Sunan [authors of Hadith compilations classified by jurisprudential themes] with an authentic chain of narrators)

May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'

Source: http://alifta.org/Fatawa/fatawaDetails.aspx?View=Page&PageID=11736&PageNo=1&BookID=7

muslimshabs

Asalamu alaikum ..

Yes brother Ershad has added a nice reply...
jazakallahu khair...

something more:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jruOWQaxkAg[/ame]

strive-may-i

so you are 19 now? Here is Hadees:
Narrated As-Saburah: The Prophet said "Order your children to pray at the age of seven. And beat them [lightly] if they do not do so by the age of ten. And separate them in their bedding". [Abu Dau'd]​
**A person wielding stick should never use it, if it seems like the stick is in control and not the person sense. May Allah protect each of us from excess in punishments... Ameen*

From what I am taught: Deadline is puberty or age 15, whichever comes first.

Some more hadees, just to help be firm on offering salaat:
"Between a person and disbelief is the discarding of prayer." [Muslim, Tirmidhi, Ahmad]
"The pact between us and them is prayer. Whoever abandons it is a disbeliever." [Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Ahmad]​

Abdullah5576

brother can you give me your hadith reference for your first answer. where did you get this hadith from?

your response will be much appreciated inshaaALLAH,

jazakalah kheyr

AbuIbrahiim

i do not recall the hadiths number but my Imam had told me how to go about missing salah. Sheikh Shady Al-Suleiman spoke about it in one of his lectures as well.

Cr1xus

OK now i'm confused, some of you are saying yes, some of you are saying no. Can a real Imam in real life tell me the truth? Also there is no excuse to miss prayers if i'm sure. Otherwise I could sit here and talk about all my life problems and misunderstanding of the religion and use it as an excuse to have missed those prayers. Sounds too easy to me.