How to make yous and other people's day?

How do you spread positivity?

• Total voters

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

I hope this post finds everyone in the best of health and iman inshaAllah. :)
I was wondering about this topic.How do you spread positivity?
1) Smile at a stranger(brother for brothers) ,(at sister for sisters) and at your parents
2) Greet a stranger(brother for brothers) ,(sister for sisters)
3) Feeding the poor
4) Teaching someone
5) Helping people when they are in a need
6)All of the above and praying to God.
7)Your personal views

PS : sorry about the spelling mistake in the title :S dang typos

:wasalam:

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

for me the thing that we can do often and costs us little is to give a good word to anyone that needs it, alhamdullilah beeing there for someone, to understand and to comfort can make a difference...
many times this is what we do on site, we try to help in the best way that we can the other brothers and sister, also we get help in our turn when we need, alhamdullilah...each of us experienced i think the need to have someone to understand us and to give refreshments on our imaan.
i hope we live the days when we can do a lot more, inchallah
Allah knows best.

strive-may-i

And here is the most comprehensive, am serious!

“What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured." (Bukhari)​

helpinghumanity

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah brother,

All of the choices that you have mentioned above can be used to spread a positive environment. In fact it reminded me of the competition between sahabas. They used to compete each other in doing good deeds.

TO ALL:
One such competition was between

**Abu Bakr Siddique VS Omar Bin Khattab".

The end result of the competition was **Abu Bakr Siddique won** and Omar bin khattab said that whatever he or any other person does, Abu Bakr Siddique will always win. :)

Now can some one describe what was the competition about?

Rules: You have to describe it in your own words (No copying and pasting)

Lets see whether a brother wins or a sister...Lets go brotherzzz...

I hope this post finds everyone in the best of health and iman inshaAllah. :)
I was wondering about this topic.How do you spread positivity?
1) Smile at a stranger(brother for brothers) ,(at sister for sisters) and at your parents
2) Greet a stranger(brother for brothers) ,(sister for sisters)
3) Feeding the poor
4) Teaching someone
5) Helping people when they are in a need
6)All of the above and praying to God.
7)Your personal views

PS : sorry about the spelling mistake in the title :S dang typos

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamy alaykum!

All the above! Also, giving a call/texting someone you have not talked to in along time just to say "salam."

AT brother helpinghumanity, I remember hearing a lecture on that along time ago----insha'Allah I can recall it now.

I think it was on who can give the most charity, when Allah's prophet (PBUH) was collecting in one night Omar Ibn Khatab brought half of his wealth and Abu bakr brought ALL of his wealth. When the prophet asked Omara what he brought, He replied "half of my wealth." So the prophet (PBUH) asked what he left for his family, he replied "the other half." Then the prophet (PBUH) asked Abu bakr who replied that he brought all his wealth and when asked what he left for his family; he said "Allah and his messenger." Or something along that line!

My memory is bad so if I made mistakes I hope my teammates (SISTERS) can help me out!

LET'S GO GIRLS!! WE CAN WIN THIS!!!

rightpath_357

Asalamu Alaikum!

Yeah sis! ^^^^^ I think it there was some sort of expedition or war brewing and the Ummah needed money and donations. :)

I think you have it right :D

Did we win yet?

Salam ;)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalamu'alaykum,

This is a very nice topic, JazakAllaah khayr.

Wa alaikumassalam warahmatullah,
WaJazakAllahi khayr.

Assalam alaikum, spreading salam's.

Wa alaikumassalam warahmatullah,mashaAllah nice idea,spreading greeting of peace :)

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

for me the thing that we can do often and costs us little is to give a good word to anyone that needs it, alhamdullilah beeing there for someone, to understand and to comfort can make a difference...
many times this is what we do on site, we try to help in the best way that we can the other brothers and sister, also we get help in our turn when we need, alhamdullilah...each of us experienced i think the need to have someone to understand us and to give refreshments on our imaan.
i hope we live the days when we can do a lot more, inchallah
Allah knows best.

Wa alaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
MashaAllah thats a very good idea,having empathy and speaking kind words of comfort subhanAllah,what a beautiful thing it is!It is very much understood when we are comforting others,we are also comforting ourselves in a way.

And here is the most comprehensive, am serious!

“What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured." (Bukhari)​

:jazaak: beautiful hadith and quite inspirational and even more effective we we start applying these things inshaAllah :)

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah brother,

All of the choices that you have mentioned above can be used to spread a positive environment. In fact it reminded me of the competition between sahabas. They used to compete each other in doing good deeds.

TO ALL:
One such competition was between

**Abu Bakr Siddique VS Omar Bin Khattab".

The end result of the competition was **Abu Bakr Siddique won** and Omar bin khattab said that whatever he or any other person does, Abu Bakr Siddique will always win. :)

Now can some one describe what was the competition about?

Rules: You have to describe it in your own words (No copying and pasting)

Lets see whether a brother wins or a sister...Lets go brotherzzz...

:jazaak: brother for the reminder,
I think it was between collecting charity wherein Hazrat Umar(radiallahu anhu) bought half and when Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddiq(radiallahu anhu) was asked what he brought,he said he brought everything and left for his family "Allah and His messenger!"Allah knows best.
Allahu Akbar!

Assalaamy alaykum!

All the above! Also, giving a call/texting someone you have not talked to in along time just to say "salam."

AT brother helpinghumanity, I remember hearing a lecture on that along time ago----insha'Allah I can recall it now.

I think it was on who can give the most charity, when Allah's prophet (PBUH) was collecting in one night Omar Ibn Khatab brought half of his wealth and Abu bakr brought ALL of his wealth. When the prophet asked Omara what he brought, He replied "half of my wealth." So the prophet (PBUH) asked what he left for his family, he replied "the other half." Then the prophet (PBUH) asked Abu bakr who replied that he brought all his wealth and when asked what he left for his family; he said "Allah and his messenger." Or something along that line!

My memory is bad so if I made mistakes I hope my teammates (SISTERS) can help me out!

wa alaikumassalam warahmatullah
MashaAllah that will certainly cheer them and us up.A good way of spreading positivity via technology in present day.
I agree with your post about the competetion.

I would like to share with you,the reason why I posted this.As I was walking this Monday in the morning to catch a bus ,I saw on the road a homeless man in rags and he was old,it reminded me of a hadith about feeding of poor and how it is loved by Allah and about surah al maun about those who do not feed the poor.I started to feel guilty,I didn't have much time to decide whether I should feed the person or catch a bus,the feeling of guilt was taking a toll on me.Suddenly I saw out of nowhere a schoolgirl approached the man with a bag of food and left it with him and then hurried on her way to school.This made me say "mashaAllah tabarakAllah",also made me feel ashamed that ,I as a muslim ,should have done it first.But that action of hers certainly filled me with hope and inspiration.A feeling of positvity.

helpinghumanity

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah,

Jazakumullah Khairun sister for sharing this beautiful competition story.

With all due respect, I am soo sorry that to say that sisters didn't win yet..:(

The story or event described by sister *IHearIslam* was not the one that I am referring to. So let me go ahead and give you guys another clue

ANOTHER HINT:
This happened after salate-fajr (The morning prayers) and one of the question that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) asked all of the sahabas was
**Who has visited a sick person**

Come one brothers, we can win this easily. Just try to think plzz

Assalaamy alaykum!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah,

Jazakumullah Khairun sister for sharing this beautiful competition story.

With all due respect, I am soo sorry that to say that sisters didn't win yet..:(

The story or event described by sister *IHearIslam* was not the one that I am referring to. So let me go ahead and give you guys another clue

ANOTHER HINT:
This happened after salate-fajr (The morning prayers) and one of the question that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) asked all of the sahabas was
**Who has visited a sick person**

Come one brothers, we can win this easily. Just try to think plzz

Oh man! ok ok, can we research on it? I do not remember it----and bad timing!
I was about to sleep, but I am so competitive that I wanna research and sort of win? o_0

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Feel free but then you have to type it in your own words. Remember no **copying and pasting**.
Asslamalikeum warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
I think I know this narration, I had heard it a small vid on youtube few months back (which I just rewatched lol) but I dunno if this narration is saheeh or not and this may not be exactly what he said (so other plz don't transmit it, without looking into the actual text)...
So story was something like this:

Prophet (pbuh) asked who has visted the sick person, Umar (r.a) said We have just started our day but Abu bakr (r.a) said I did, I came to know abdur rahman (r.a) (I hope this was his name?) is sick so I visited him before coming to masjid.

Prophet (pbuh) asked who has given sadqa: umar bin al-khattab (r.a) said: We have just started our day but Abu Bakr (r.a) said I did.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

I am not sure if it's authentic since it is in al adab al mufrad al bukhari,not all hadith therein are authentic,but then here goes"
The mahfoom of the hadith is prophet :saw: asked who was fasting,Hazrat Abu Bakr(radiallahu anhu) replied he was,the he :saw: asked who visited a sick person today Hazrat Abu Bakr(radi allahu anhu) replied he had,then he :saw: asked who had visited a funeral today Hazrat Abu Bakr(radiallahu anhu) replied he had and then he :saw: asked,who had fed a poor and Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi allahu anhu) replied he had.

Marwan, the transmitter, said, "I heard that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, observed, "These qualities are not brought together in one man on a single day but that he will enter the Garden."

Shak78

I like to smile and be kind to people regardless of who they are unless the are rude to me. I like to smile, call people sir and ma'am, hold the door open for people (which seems to confuse people here in Cali), be kind to my son even when he is acting up, pray. I am a pretty friendly person to being nice is normal for me.

helpinghumanity

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Brotherzzz won...Congratulations..

Now its up to the sisters whether they wanna get a candy (lol) only or continue this competition by asking different questions related to the sahabas or Prophets. The question (s) should be related to the topic.

If agreed, any sister can post a question on the first come basis (be sure that check that you are the first one to post the question. if the question is already asked by a sister, then please don't ask a second question)

Asslamalikeum warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
I think I know this narration, I had heard it a small vid on youtube few months back (which I just rewatched lol) but I dunno if this narration is saheeh or not and this may not be exactly what he said (so other plz don't transmit it, without looking into the actual text)...
So story was something like this:

Prophet (pbuh) asked who has visted the sick person, Umar (r.a) said We have just started our day but Abu bakr (r.a) said I did, I came to know abdur rahman (r.a) (I hope this was his name?) is sick so I visited him before coming to masjid.

Prophet (pbuh) asked who has given sadqa: umar bin al-khattab (r.a) said: We have just started our day but Abu Bakr (r.a) said I did.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Sisterzzz won...Congratulations..

Now its up to the sisters whether they wanna get a candy (lol) only or continue this competition by asking different questions related to the sahabas or Prophets. The question (s) should be related to the topic.

If agreed, any sister can post a question on the first come basis (be sure that check that you are the first one to post the question. if the question is already asked by a sister, then please don't ask a second question)

Hey hold on a minute, from which angle do I look like a 'Sister'? Lol :)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

I like to smile and be kind to people regardless of who they are unless the are rude to me. I like to smile, call people sir and ma'am, hold the door open for people (which seems to confuse people here in Cali), be kind to my son even when he is acting up, pray. I am a pretty friendly person to being nice is normal for me.

mashaAllah tabarakAllah,I am sure you have lots of positivity around you inshaAllah!Keep up the good work inshaAllah.Good manners and kindness are charecteristics of a muslim,barakAllahu feek.