Hi all

rivergum

Just new here.

I copies this from elsewhere when asked to write something about myself.

I enjoy watching real cricket - not this latest one day of twenty over bash.

I chose Islam because it made sense. I did not arrive at this overnight, or even over a decade. The major difficulty I found was cutting through the noise of extremism - which has been at saturation point on many Islamic forums. It was only relatively recently that I found some 'Australian' Muslims which made some great observations and recommendations that I was able to tap into a 'Western' Islamic idiom.

I am a scholar of sorts so my studies have, likewise, inevitable led towards Islam. The rich history of Islam is unfortunately lost in the dust and fog thrown up by sensationalism of present Western media in the way it portrays Islam and Muslims in general. However, despite these obstacles, I have gain an appreciation of Islam and what it offers. To make any break from the predominate Western ideology of consumerism if difficult as it is to critique Christian theology - both philosophies have rather long tentacles.

My elected impoverished lifestyle also creates a problem for many Australians. We have been taught that sufficiency is no longer enough - that we must be continually dissatisfied with our lot in life. Such thinking is, of course, an admission that one no longer trusts God and that it is only through continual consumption that one might obtain 'salvation' - 'retail therapy' is another name for another god. Consequently, it has been my experience, that as consumption rises there is a corresponding fall in virtue - to the point now where virtue is something less than a joke.

Ibn Hazam al-Andalusi's Morals and Behaviour should be compulsory reading within any education system. For example - 93. One hour of neglect can undo a year of pious effort.

Not that I am pretending that my virtue is pure as the driven snow - far from it. But what I am aware of is how far I have yet to travel.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome!

:salam2:
To all my brothers and sisters in Islam.

Hi
hello :)

Welcome to TTI.
So happy and glad to have you
with us.

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IspK651RpY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2DyfQRFbFQ[/ame]

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

a_stranger

:salam2:

You are most welcome, AlhamduliAllah for his guidance......the beautiful thing in Islam is that it offers a dynamic system for virtues to rise, when muslems are sincere in their Eman .

strive-may-i

Salaam!

You are cordially welcome here. Be here.

Its the quest and not just the studies for information, its the thirst and not just the volumes of pages. May each of us benefit and fufill the purpose of life on earth... Ameen.