Should we give up on the Quran?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baaraakaatuh,

Ibn Mas'ood narrated, "The Messenger of Allaah:saw: told us, 'Everyone of you is collected in the womb of his mother for the first forty days then he becomes a clot for another forty days then a piece of flesh for another forty days. Allaah then sends angel to breathe a soul into him. The angel is commanded to write down four decrees - his provision, his life span, deeds and whether he will be doomed or blessed (in the Hereafter).

By the One besides whom there is no god, one of may do the deeds of the people of Paradise until there i sno more than a cubit between him and it - then the decree overtakes him and he does the actions of the people of Hell and thus enters it.

One of you may do the deeds of the people of Hell until there is no more than a cubit between him and it. The decree n overtakes him and he does the actions of the people of Paradise and thus enters it."
[Saheeh al-Bukharee]

While readin the above Hadeeth, we shold not forget the other Ahadeeth that give glad tidings to man. It is true that this Hadeeth causes one to be terrified an done might ask, 'How can one man perform the deeds of the people of Parasie until there is not more than a cubit between him andit an then - we seek refuge from Allaah - He commits an act of the people of Hell?

Reply:
There are - al Humdulillah - other texts which relieve the believe from his anguish (concerning this Hadeeth);

Allaah' Messenger :saw: said, "There is no one amongst you but Allaah has already decreed his place in Paradise or in Hell."They asked, "O messenger of Allaah, should we not rely on the Book and leave striving?"The Prophet:saw: said, "Strive for each one will be facilitated to do that for which he is created. Those who are blessed will perform the acts of those who blessed and those who are doomed will perform the acts of those who are doomed."Then he:saw: recited the verse, "As for him who give (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allaah and fears Him and Believes in al-Husna. We will make smooth for him the path of ease (goodness). But he who is greedy miser and thinks himself self sufficient. . .We will make smooth for him the path for evil. [Soorah al - Layl 92:5-10]
This is the glad tiding from the Prophet:saw: - if one perfos the acts of the blessed people then this is a proof that he is written amongst the blessed poeple. So let him be pleased.

[From the booklet "Are we forced or do we have a will" - A part of Sharh Hadeeth Jibreel by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saleh Al Uthaymin (May Allaah have mercy on his soul.)]

Ershad

Walaikkum Assalam wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu wa maghfiratuhu,

Jazaaki Allahu khayran for this article.

Baarakallahu feekum!

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikumk Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

JazakiAllahu khairan for it sister. When I was reading it, a man came to my mind and that is the late father of brother Abdurraheem Green (may Allah have mercy on his soul).

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh