Self Control

M2000

Assalamu Alaykum,

Have you ever wondered, " How do I keep self control?" Well there is this beautiful story about sayyedina Ali. During a battle in the way of Allah (swt), sayyedina Ali found himself face to face with a kafir who attacked him violently. They were both brave and powerful men, but the kafir was no match for sayyedina Ali."I invite you to bear witness that there is no god except Allah, and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah," said Ali. "Accept Islam, and your life will be spared." "Never!" said the kafir. Sayyedina Ali lifted his sword and was just about to plunge it into his enemy, when the kafir spat defiantly in his face.Much to the kafir's surprise, sayyedina Ali immediately jumped away from his enemy and lowered his sword."Go away!" said sayyedina Ali, "I cannot kill you now." "Why did you do that?" asked the kafir."You could have killed me easily." "I was fighting you purely in the way of Allah," replied Ali, "but when you spat in my face, your insult made me angry and if I had killed you in anger, it would have taken me to the Hell Fire, so I had no choice but to let you go. To kill someone in anger or out of desire for revenge is not bravery, but the act of a coward." On hearing this, the kafir was so impressed by sayyedina Ali's sincerity and self-control that he embraced Islam on the spot: "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah," he said, "and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

Sayyedina Ali was brave and smart. He taught us a lesson, that if we kill, hurt, or do anything else bad to someone in anger, or for revenge, is the act of a coward.

Husna12

minor mistake

:bismillah:
:salam2:​

I am sorry Hatty but i believe M2000 is a sister
not a brother. I know should have sent you a
pm but for some reason I can only send a pm
every 120 minutes.

:frown: I hope you accept my apology

:wasalam:

a_stranger

:salam2:
:ma: very beautiful story it shows us how the sahaba radia Allah anhim understood Quran:

“And they were not commanded except that they should worship Allah, keeping the religion pure for Him, and worship none but Him Alone, and establish the Prayer and offer the Compulsory Charity, and that is the upright religion.” (Quran 98:5)

Purity of hearts is a true blessing.