Is Islam the World's Largest Religion?

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. I certainly know Islam is the world's greatest religion, Masha'Allah. My question is if Islam is in fact the world's largest religion? I know it's the fastest growing and on the way but has Islam actually reached the place of being the world's largest religion? I've been searching but haven't found something concrete on this.

Bubbybobble

Not yet. Christians are still bigger. But Muslims haven't exactly forced people to turn to their religion (slavery, etc)-at least on a large scale , so natural conversion takes time.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Christianity has a bigger quota.
But I am sure Islam has a bigger amount of active, practicing Muslims.

Christianity has quantity.
Islam has quality.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Is there not a hadith about numbers of Believers. That Believers are actually fewer? I believe it is in Bukari.

Hatty

I heard a wise man once saying:

We do not look for numbers in our faith.
We look for faith in our numbers.

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Christianity has a bigger quota.
But I am sure Islam has a bigger amount of active, practicing Muslims.

Christianity has quantity.
Islam has quality.
Subhan'Allah. That just made me smile and made me happy. :) So true, it's better to have quality rather than quantity.

Sakeena

Subhan'Allah. That just made me smile and made me happy. :) So true, it's better to have quality rather than quantity.

Asalam alaikum. Yup, I agree! Sister Alf2 rocks! :D Alhamdulilah!

Oh, I did read in one Hadith (from the End of Days) that the people of the Earth will rise up against the Muslims like a group of hungry people coming to sit down at a table full of food. It will only happen after the Muslims are large in number (but like the foam of the sea). I'll look up the Hadith InshaAllah!

Aziboy

Banned
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. I certainly know Islam is the world's greatest religion, Masha'Allah. My question is if Islam is in fact the world's largest religion? I know it's the fastest growing and on the way but has Islam actually reached the place of being the world's largest religion? I've been searching but haven't found something concrete on this.

Islam Surpasses Roman Catholicism as World's Largest Religion

Vatican City, the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church, has finally admitted that Islam has now become the largest religion in the world.

'For the first time in history, we are no longer at the top: Muslims have overtaken us,' Monsignor Vittorio Formenti said in an interview with the Vaticannewspaper L'Osservatore Romano.

After a long wait the Vatican officially acknowledged that Islam is the religion most prevalent in the world, and passed Christianity more than three million insured across the globe for nearly a year ago, due to hold a large number of Westerners to this religion and according to the Vatican statement, the number of Muslims in the world has surpassed one billion and three million and twenty-two thousand Muslims in the world (1.322.000.000).

Note the Vatican and the overwhelming demand by the citizens of Western Christians and Jews and other religions and beliefs to convert to Islam in recent years, despite the smear campaign against him led by the anti-Muslim views, and large amounts of money spent on campaigns preaching Christianity.

In France alone, 40 thousand French citizen per year according to figures of Islam and the French Interior Ministry, while noting the spread of Islam in the intensive prison prompted the authorities to prevent the mixing of French Muslims and non-Muslims in order to avoid the spread of the call within the institutions.

here is the link: http://iqraaint.artonline.tv/en/newsdetails.aspx?newsID=204

younglady

i think is is the bigeest. christainity would be second.