If Gay People stop being Gay and become Straight People ?

truthseeker63

If Gay People stop being Gay and become Straight People and they become Muslims if no one knew about their past life and they said Shahadah in let us say in a Western Country or Nation and in the future this Western Nation becomes an Islamic State under the Sharia Law should this Ex Gay Person who was Homosexual as a Non Muslim should he be killed for his or her sin ? I would like to know Non Muslims who were once Adulterers and or People who used to steal in the past should their hand be cut off I ask this because I'll read that many People who did bad things became Muslims like Malcolm X what about Murder or is Murder punished like it is in the Secular United States were Murderers get the death penalty in many areas ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahada

Believer1985

Salam,

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I would assume that since these acts are of the PAST that they'd be forgiven. They weren't Muslim when they carried out these deeds, so if they accept the Shahadah they are starting afresh.

However, if they accept Shahadah and carry on with unlawful acts, then they are likely to be punished.

Just my opinion...

Salam

abdul-aziz

If Gay People stop being Gay and become Straight People and they become Muslims if no one knew about their past life and they said Shahadah in let us say in a Western Country or Nation and in the future this Western Nation becomes an Islamic State under the Sharia Law should this Ex Gay Person who was Homosexual as a Non Muslim should he be killed for his or her sin ? I would like to know Non Muslims who were once Adulterers and or People who used to steal in the past should their hand be cut off I ask this because I'll read that many People who did bad things became Muslims like Malcolm X what about Murder or is Murder punished like it is in the Secular United States were Murderers get the death penalty in many areas ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahada

:salam2:

lets approach this in a logical way so as to help you reach an understanding:

Knowing what Allah has sent down as laws that man should abide by have been sent down in the books. Torah means law. Bible ??? means. Quran is the basis of sharia.

Now in order to abstain from violating the law you must be informed of the law. So when you take shahadah in Islam you are testifying in Allah is the creator and Muhammad, PBUH, is the messenger. The prophet recited the Quran which was a continuation and clarification of what was already sent with more detailed instruction so as to clarify the oneness of Allah. From that point on you are a muslim. You should try to understand the big sins like shirk, murder, and so on and so forth.

So now if you are a muslim, why would you be gay, steal, murder, and so on and so forth. There must be also a separation of a capital crime like murder and the others.

Now here is the problem of the information that you mentioned.

In order for sharia to rule a verdict on a person there definitely needs to be multiple corroborating witnesses to testify that this person did the act.

So if you are a muslim and a country becomes Islamic after that, there is no possible evidence that you committed the crime knowing the commandments of Allah and muslim. Now as for murder and corruption in the land all the people of the book unanimously agree that this must be stopped and persecuted.

so being gay in the past and you took shahadah then no one can prove that you committed the acts while you are muslim. It will not stand in sharia court. Let's not forget the story of prophet Lut. Had there not been a chance for repentance then Allah would of not sent prophet Lut. you dig.

I leave you with an ayah to reflect upon:

وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُوا فَاحِشَةً أَوْ ظَلَمُوا أَنفُسَهُمْ ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا لِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ [٣:١٣٥]

[Saheeh_International] And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah? - and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know.

[Hilali-Khan] And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah - And do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.

[pickthall] And those who, when they do an evil thing or wrong themselves, remember Allah and implore forgiveness for their sins - Who forgiveth sins save Allah only? - and will not knowingly repeat (the wrong) they did.

[3:135]

Lastly, remember, when a person is tried via sharia and had a punishment decreed, they have a greater chance for not having Allah punish them for it. And trust me that is BIG. As Allah will serve the Justice that final hour.

wa Allah ya'lam

:wasalam:

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualaykum,

Once a person accepts Islam, ALL their past sins are forgiven Subhanallah! So no man can punish you according to shariah for your past sins which were commited while you were non muslim when Allah has already stated that your sins are forgiven.
This is the end of the story.

Should you go on to commit the mentioned sins and as stated by Brother Abdul Aziz - there is sufficient evidence/witnesses and you are caught then you may well be punished under shariah law.

But bare in mind this Hadith:

Abdullah Ibn Masoud (رضي الله عنه) related, ‘A man came to the Prophet and said: ‘O Messenger of Allah! I have mingled with a woman in the far side of al-Medina, and I fulfilled my desire short of actually having sexual intercourse with her. So, here am I, judge me according to what you decide.’ Umar Ibn al-Khattab (رضي الله عنه) then said: ‘Allah had kept your secret, why did not you keep your secret?’ [Sahih Muslim]

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
some people make that experience for curiousity...but it's a really bad "disease",where Allah has created male and female to love each other,while there are some ones who feel love for the same gender.I believe that everybody has in itself a little part of masculinity if she' a girl and a feminility if he's a boy,but we have to accept our identity as Allah has given to us.
as per me,I'm woman but I've a sense of protection and responsibility like a man.
those "gay" people became so maybe after a trauma,because they feel alone,unloved,frustrated,scared from what love is(because they believe that a love story is sad when it finishes and many men prefere loving men because ,as they say,women are more untrustful),they feel attracted from their own gender because they had some abuses(I heard a true story about this and it's a true fact)...if a little boy lives always at home with the mother and he plays with the sisters with the dolls,instead being among the boys,it can be a reason why he feels attracted from a man....it's a mystere...I don't believe that a "gay" person gets totally healed,unless it is explained him/her the reason why a man can't be with a man...trying to explain that the pleasure that a person of the same gender gives to another one,is a behaviour that goes against the nature...those presons many times fear to show themselves among the crew.only Allah can guide His slaves to His path.shaytan guides them to the Hell,except if they open their eyes and repent themselves..
maybe a non-muslim can think that we muslim are too extremist and we don't tolerate some behaviours...non-muslims like doing what we don't and they feel angry with us because they know that we've reason,but they prefere living in their blindness.:girl3:

truthseeker63

Im not talking about a person who did these sins while Muslim I meant while Non Muslim.

Im not talking about a person who did these sins while Muslim I meant while Non Muslim.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As salam 'alaykum warahatu-llah

i can recall one story.

When 'Amr bin al aas radhi Allahu anhu was about to accept Islam in the hands of rasul Allah salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam, when he extended the hand and rasul Allah did the same, he pulled his hand back and stated one condition. the condition was: to forgive him and don't execute him, becasue in previous what he had done, was enough for his execution.
he salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: O 'amr! didn't i say that, three things erase everything of his past (bad deeds): Islam (becoming muslims), Hijrah(migration) and Hajj.[interpretation of the hadeeth]

about the issue of legality of homosexuality in the west. there is also wisdom for people who reflect, repent and do good deeds. like, a muslims for example, married one if he commits zinah, or homosexuality, he has the ability to make tawbah and refrain himself from that evil forever and live a life of obedience and righteousness. same thing goes for the disbelievers, if they reflect and think twice, as he gets the chance in non muslim country, he can enter Islam.

wa-llahu ta'la a'lam
wassalamun 'alayka

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

OH how I needed a good laugh...

that's right brother..you think straight you do straight.

ipanda

Is that even possible? Gay becoming straight...if a person is created as gay, thats it. Unless he or she fakes it. I am sorry this may disappoint you but been gay is not sin from what I stand. Why would a person bother to change his or her very own orientation, one he or she is created with?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Is that even possible? Gay becoming straight...if a person is created as gay, thats it. Unless he or she fakes it. I am sorry this may disappoint you but been gay is not sin from what I stand. Why would a person bother to change his or her very own orientation, one he or she is created with?

Yes I understand your meaning. We should think much more what we do, not think how sinful others are. But are gays really created as gays? We don´t know is it normal as they are created, is it mental problem or sickness or just sin.

:shymuslima1:

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

alhamdullilah islam leave no place for doubt.
from http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/homosexuality.htm

Below are some verses in the Quran that speak against homosexuality. Those people who make a god (ilah) of there own lusts are clearly in the wrong. Prophet Lut spoke against this evil practice of his people. Their only reply was: "Bring us the Wrath of God if thou tellest the truth." They soon found out who was telling the truth when Allah destroyed them all. Let it be known right now that there is NO SUCH THING AS A GAY MUSLIM!!! A Muslim is one who submits himself to the will of Allah. Those who practice this evil have submitted themselves to their own desires and have turned their backs on the clear teachings of Islam. These people will use any kind of rationalization to justify their sinful practices. Be not deceived by the smooth tactics of Shaitan. He will try everything to guide us from the wrong way.

If you have these homosexual desires in you seek refuge in Allah and Allah will help you. Allah has revealed the truth. All praise is for Allah!!!

Verses From Qur'an:

026.165-166 "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!"

027.055 Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant!

029.028-29 And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you. Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway?- and practise wickedness (even) in your councils?" But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of God if thou tellest the truth."

Hadeeth (saying of prophet Muhammad) regarding homosexuality:

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri: The Prophet (saws) said: A man should not look at the private parts of another man, and a woman should not look at the private parts of another woman. A man should not lie with another man without wearing lower garment under one cover; and a woman should not be lie with another woman without wearing lower garment under one cover. (Abu Dawood)

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (saws) said: A man should not lie with another man and a woman should not lie with another woman without covering their private parts except a child or a father. He also mentioned a third thing which I forgot. (Abu Dawood)

Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi of the ISNA (islamic society of north america) said: "Homosexuality is a moral disorder. It is a moral disease, a sin and corruption... No person is born homosexual, just like no one is born a thief, a liar or murderer. People acquire these evil habits due to a lack of proper guidance and education.""

"There are many reasons why it is forbidden in Islam. Homosexuality is dangerous for the health of the individuals and for the society. It is a main cause of one of the most harmful and fatal diseases. It is disgraceful for both men and women. It degrades a person. Islam teaches that men should be men and women should be women. Homosexuality deprives a man of his manhood and a woman of her womanhood. It is the most un-natural way of life. Homosexuality leads to the destruction of family life."

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious said: 'A slave committed a sin and he said: O Allah, forgive my sin,' and Allah said: 'My slave committed a sin and then he realized that he has a Rubb Who forgives the sins and punishes for the sin.' He then again committed a sin and said: 'My Rubb, forgive my sin,' and Allah (SWT) said: 'My slave committed a sin and then realized that he has a Rubb Who forgives his sin and punishes for the sin.' He again committed a sin and said: 'My Rubb, forgive my sin,' and Allah (SWT) said: 'My slave has committed a sin and then realized that he has a Rubb Who forgives the sin or takes (him) to account for sin. I have granted forgiveness to my slave. Let him do whatever he likes".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

may Allah guide all people with mental problems.

Seeker-of-truth

I was just wondering what happens after someone is executed, do they go heaven or hell, so say someone has admitted to committing zinaa whilst being married (Authubillah) and is sentenced to execution, does the killing of this person have his deeds forgiven or is he sent to the after life to answer for this sin? does anyone know?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

If he regrets it and pray for forgiveness Allah may forgive to him. If he is just executed it means nothing without his own faith and will to regret.