Husband / Wife (Something interesting I found Online)

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
(¯`♥´¯) .♥
´*.¸.•´♥‿↗⁀☆The fiancé or husband has no right to ask about his wife's past. It is sufficient for him that she is righteous and is known for good at the time of marrying her, and there is nothing wrong with her religious commitment or chastity. As to whether she did anything haraam in the past, but then repented from it and became righteous, it is wrong to ask her about that and make h...er choose between telling lies or getting divorced, or make her tell her secrets and disclose that which Allaah had concealed for her, then if she tells him the truth, that opens the door to doubt and suspicion.

(¯`♥´¯) .♥
´*.¸.•´♥‿↗⁀☆ What some people call for, of each spouse being frank with the other and telling them of things in the past that Allaah has concealed, is wrong and ignorant. Rather they should be pleased that Allaah has concealed it and they should praise Allaah for it.

(¯`♥´¯) .♥
´*.¸.•´♥‿↗⁀☆A wife or fiancée is not obliged to tell us what happened in the past that Allaah has concealed. Rather she must conceal herself, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Avoid this filth that Allaah has forbidden. Whoever does any such thing, then let him conceal it with the concealment of Allaah.” (Narrated by al-Bayhaqi; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, no. 663)

aisha16

i think most of the time, its husband whose past is muddy anyway ...

Lol...agreed. But I agree with this.... it's not valuable information and information like that should be concealed....

Even still it's a heck of a lot easier for the man to have his known past sins forgiven as opposed to us women once they choose to clean up their act that is. Sad reality. (meaning the community and not Allah)