a sad moment

sadik abdi

assalamu aleykum ya ikhwani waikhwati, al hamdulilahi, i thank allah for giving me this time to share my thoughts with my muslim brothers and sisters. Yesterday as we were coming from school me and a friend of mine we happened to come across A playground whereby different things were happening boys and girls mixed up some were flirting with girls,some were playing games such as soccer . then we met a muslim brother whom i used to know him ,he was sitting on a bench and enjoying himself a girl was sitting on top of him. so we talked to him and encouraged to come with us to the mosque ,it was time for asr and the guy got angry when we told him to come with us to the mosque ,he insisted he wont go with us unless his girl permits him and she wasn,t a muslim so she told him to do what he feels .go or stay with me its your choice that was her remark. can you believe it . i was angry and mad i just waved away feeling bad.what do you think you would have done to that kind of situation ?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You enjoin good and forbid evil. That is what you are to do and what you did. The choice is his.

a_stranger

:salam2:

فَذَكِّرْ إِنَّمَا أَنتَ مُذَكِّرٌ (88:21)

88:21 (Asad) And so, [O Prophet,] exhort them; thy task is only to exhort: -

*!*!
لَّسْتَ عَلَيْهِم بِمُصَيْطِرٍ (88:

88:22 (Asad) thou canst not compel them [to believe]. *!*!

Zynat3

:salam2:
Assalaam walaikum,

You enjoin good and forbid evil. That is what you are to do and what you did. The choice is his.

i agree with this. it is encouraged that when a Muslim sees evil, he should try to stop it with his hands. If that is not possible, then he should try to stop it with his tongue. And if that is not possible, then disagree with it in your heart. (i don't remember where i read this from, sorry) So brother you have done what's right, and i believe i woud've done the same. befriending him and talking about Islam may also encourage him to once again learn Islam, the choice is his. and in the end, Allah(swt) guides whom He wills.