confused

haiam

salam as a muslim women is it allowed for me to mix with family members who drink as i am going to a wedding and i am the only muslim. some ppl say its ok and say no its not. i would be so greatful if some one could tell me. thank you

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is not ok. It is written when we are in the company of those who drink we become like them. You are not going to hurt anyone's feelings by not attending..you will please Allah. I can not make my response any simpler. There are hadith that explain this very well.

Ahsen

Alcohol is the mother of all sins. You might think that the drinking of other people won't affect you. But PLEASE stay away from people who drink.

zico_hasan

Dear Sister,
It depend on the purpose of your attendance. If your attendance have such a positive impact to your family about Islam, then you can go.
Shaykh Muhammad bin Salih Al Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy say, "If the invite is from a non muslim, may not (haram) to meet the invitation, even sinful, unless there are serious benefits (maslahat) in it. Like to ask him/her to convert to Islam or in the framework of peace. Things like this is okay because the Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam had attend the invitation from the Jews in Medina. "(Sharh Riyadhus Sholihin).