helppppp hijab or niqab!!

my friends always tell me that women can no more wear alnikab coz if they ll do they cant integrate in their Societies and they must be locked in their homes they do accept alhijeb but not alnikab ?

Marina28

I see lots of women wearing the veil, and also know a sister that wears it. Some socolars say that u chose to wear others say u must, but if ur not sure if u can't wear the veil then just stick to the hijaab. I have to say that women who have the strength to wear it are amazing :) sorry if I'm not much help.

Edit: just found this hope it helps it's tell u the ruling on niqab and hijaab
http://www.islamawareness.net/Hijab/Niqab/rulings.html

a_stranger

:salam2:

I think if you can wear niqab it is better and then you are closer to the sahabiyat but in case you have no such strength or you live in a society that reject naqab totally then stitck to higab and ask Allah to make it easy for you to wear niqab. :astag:If I said any wrong , I am not a scholar .

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

my friends always tell me that women can no more wear alnikab coz if they ll do they cant integrate in their Societies and they must be locked in their homes they do accept alhijeb but not alnikab ?

Your friends. A few questions you might want to ask yourself are: Who are your friends? How far do you see them practicing the deen and walk the talk rather than just giving da'wah/having the knowledge but not practicing it?

This is not a matter of judging one's piousness as only Allaah can judge that but a matter of ensuring that you are being in good, pious company; then only you may take the words of what they said. Even then, whatever that people said might have flaws, might be wrong or biased based on one's perspective/POV because it is His Words and the words of the Messenger :saw2: are that which we certainly need to take heed on.

Thus, why we Believers are encourage to have good company around us as being among them who are in constant remembrance of Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala will pulls us to become in such state too.

That being said, what your friends said about women who wear niqaab only shows of their ignorance about the matter itself. Let them know that the Wives of The Messenger :saw2: all wore niqaab, and they lived in the best generation in the history of humanity!

May Allaah keep us steadfast in His Deen, ameen.

:wasalam:

Precious Star

Only you can answer these questions, tbh.

Do you have a job? Does your job allow you to wear Niqaab? If not, are you willing to stay at home and not earn money? If you are married, then there may be no hardship. If you are not married, then you have to decide whether or not you can afford to remain unemployed.

If you are unemployed and need a job, do you think you will be able to go to job interviews wearing the niqaab?

Do you have children? If you attend get-togethers with your children, say in parks or at other childrens' homes, will you feel comfortable attending with your face covered? Do you feel comfortable communicating with your children's doctors, teachers, etc, with your face covered or will it be an impediment? If you can afford to hire a nanny or someone to attend these tasks on your behalf, then, you won't have any problem whatsoever and indeed Allah has made it easy for you. If you cannot have someone in your place, or you are a single mother, there may be some obstacles.

These are all difficult questions. Perhaps the best solution is for you to live in a muslim country where there is no question that these matters will be easier.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu 'alaykum

I don't think we should feel the need to integrate into their societies. The Prophet SAW said we have always been strangers and that we'll always be strangers. In my old school there was a girl who wore the niqaab, and no one said anything. There are sooo many Muslim women in the West who wear the niqaab and would never take it off. Of course you get the mean stares and whatnot, but that's not a big deal. I wish I had the courage to wear it...

Do you have children? If you attend get-togethers with your children, say in parks or at other childrens' homes, will you feel comfortable attending with your face covered? Do you feel comfortable communicating with your children's doctors, teachers, etc, with your face covered or will it be an impediment? If you can afford to hire a nanny or someone to attend these tasks on your behalf, then, you won't have any problem whatsoever and indeed Allah has made it easy for you. If you cannot have someone in your place, or you are a single mother, there may be some obstacles.

I don't see how the niqaab could affect communication btw.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Precious Star is pointing out some of the obstacles we face in living in non-Muslim countries.

I have contemplated wearing niqab. But, the reality is that I am a single mother. I have to interact with the society I live in. Does it make me less pious, no. I lower my gaze. I limit my interactions. However, for the business interactions it makes it a little easier for communication.

A woman in niqab in this society is not an assertive woman. There is usually a male who does the hard work for her. Hijab is difficult enough. Men will ask a million questions about why I wear hijab. I usually get a group of men who, even in a business setting, tell me I am the first Muslim woman they have talked to about hijab or Islam. I have pointed out to many men that they have a line of people waiting to see them but they are more interested in learning about Islam.

As I wrote before a brother and I had the discussion about niqab. I listened to him as he is a pious brother with knowledge of his faith. He described my situation as a woman who is the driver in the car. I do not have the luxury of being a rider. I have to be direct and upfront in all my transactions. As the youth say..I do not have anyone for my back. I have to watch it.

This is not to start an argument but to point out why some of us remain in hijab.

Precious Star

Assalamu 'alaykum

I don't see how the niqaab could affect communication btw.

I am a single woman living by myself. If a man came to my door and his face was covered -- for whatever reason that might be -- I would not answer the door. If I am at an ATM machine and see someone behind me whose face is covered, I would be similarly cautious. I know someone who was mugged - not physically - but someone came up to her and demanded her purse. She dropped it and ran. I would exercise extreme caution around anyone who had their face covered.

I'm not saying women use niqaab for those reasons, lol. And obviously because I am muslim, I wouldn't blink if I saw a niqabi in any of the above scenarios. I'm sayng that the perception from others may be one of danger or discomfort, which could have disastrous consequences for us women, for Islam, and for your children.

Another example, lets say you are a university student and you have to do a presentation in front of a large audience, or defend your thesis before a panel -- wouldn't there be a problem, at the very least, of clear audible articulation?

Besides, how can you have a useful conversation with a teacher, doctor, etc, when your voice is muffled?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamua'alaykum sisters,

Another example, lets say you are a university student and you have to do a presentation in front of a large audience, or defend your thesis before a panel -- wouldn't there be a problem, at the very least, of clear audible articulation?

No sister, there is no problem with clear audible articulation when doing presentations in niqaab. You can do the presentation, you are able to articulate audibly in niqaab, unless you're wearing it wrong.

By extension:
Besides, how can you have a useful conversation with a teacher, doctor, etc, when your voice is muffled?
Muffled voice wouldn't be a problem.

Although I do see other problems with wearing the niqaab if the sister also wanted to work in either of those professions you mentioned, the sister would simply have to work very hard and there would be a lot of emotional and psychological strain on her, Aapa touched on it here:

A woman in niqab in this society is not an assertive woman..
The perception of niqaabi women in the west is like a massive negative tide, no sister, who also works in some of the professional fields can combat that tide single handedly, she cannot and I would go as far as saying she should not try to do so, for the sake of her own health and wellbeing.

I'm not talking about wearing a niqaab and you're working as a teacher in a Muslim private school, or as a doctor in a private clinic where your husband owns the practise, I'm talking about the 99% of the other Muslim women in professions, its a choice, one or the other.

Wa-salam

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

There is Fatwa and then there is Taqwa. Minimum Hijab is to cover everything but the face, feet, and palms of the hands. There is a second opinion that covering the face is also minimum. Since there are two valid opinions, one can do either one. But as I said before, there is fatwa and then there is taqwa. So a women with more taqwa would definitely choose the niqab.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Do not do that to us. I work with sisters in niqab and have serious discussions with them. The two most pious sisters I know are in hijab.

And in no means am I questioning the fatawa. But, many sisters who are alone understand the poistition of women who are single who understand that by wearing hijab makes us untouchable but approachable to conduct business with minimal interaction. Even, the kufr men respect a woman in hijab.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

There is Fatwa and then there is Taqwa. Minimum Hijab is to cover everything but the face, feet, and palms of the hands. There is a second opinion that covering the face is also minimum. Since there are two valid opinions, one can do either one. But as I said before, there is fatwa and then there is taqwa. So a women with more taqwa would definitely choose the niqab.

You nailed it brother.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
well i dont have experience of sister but niqab put a lot of confidence a sense of protection in me i feel it so much copetable with my feminine sense of pride AlhumduLillah ,and when you will start practicing Allah will make it easy for you inshaAllah,
there is no certain obstacle in wearing niqab , no communication problem you become more confident inshaAllah
wsalam