My Hometown Fanatics

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

Sorry to digress but this brings a question to my mind,we believe that whoever has a grain of iman inside their hearts will eventually enter paradise after being purified,right?We also believe that whoever dies in a state of kufr without accepting Islam will enter hellfire,right?We also believe that only Allah is the one who is aware of what is inside breasts,right?
So we don't have any tool to measure iman.
So ,can we say that such and such person was "apparently" a kaafir and will hence go to hellfire?
:jazaak:

PS:Someone asked me this question and this brought this question back in my mind.

Simply put, we judge by what's apparent, what we can 'see', but there are two things here:

1) Labelling someone Muslim/non-Muslim
2) Saying someone will be in the Hellfire

Allaah hasn't burdened us with judging by other than by whats apparent. If a person doesn't even claim to be Muslim, why should we allow ourselves to think of him as anything other than a non-Muslim?

'Judgement' on whether someone is Muslim or not, is necessary and has practical implications such as janaazah, inheritance, marriage, etc, in the case of janaazah it shows you that it is necessary to say whether they were Muslim or not even after they die; do you bury them with the Muslims or not? Do you wash/shroud and pray over them as you do a believer, or not?

The Prophet (s) didn't pray over the non-Muslims and he didn't know what was in people's hearts, so he also judged by what was apparent.

The fact that Allaah knows what is in our hearts doesn't change anything, because this judgement we make on a kafir is purely for dunya purposes and we're not required to have knowledge of the unseen before making this judgement.

As for saying a specific kafir is in the hell fire, its a seperate topic, there's ikhtilaaf on this, that's as much as I know.

wa-alaykum salam

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Simply put, we judge by what's apparent, what we can 'see', but there are two things here:

1) Labelling someone Muslim/non-Muslim
2) Saying someone will be in the Hellfire

Allaah hasn't burdened us with judging by other than by whats apparent. If a person doesn't even claim to be Muslim, why should we allow ourselves to think of him as anything other than a non-Muslim?

'Judgement' on whether someone is Muslim or not, is necessary and has practical implications such as janaazah, inheritance, marriage, etc, in the case of janaazah it shows you that it is necessary to say whether they were Muslim or not even after they die; do you bury them with the Muslims or not? Do you wash/shroud and pray over them as you do a believer, or not?

The Prophet (s) didn't pray over the non-Muslims and he didn't know what was in people's hearts, so he also judged by what was apparent.

The fact that Allaah knows what is in our hearts doesn't change anything, because this judgement we make on a kafir is purely for dunya purposes and we're not required to have knowledge of the unseen before making this judgement.

As for saying a specific kafir is in the hell fire, its a seperate topic, there's ikhtilaaf on this, that's as much as I know.

wa-alaykum salam

:jazaak: for clarifying this sister.I think I really had a mixed up concept about calling someone kaafir in this world when he dies and being in hell fire.So what I can conclude is:

1)We call someone a kaafir based on the apparant circumstances and hence the legislative process like janaazah etc of a non muslim is applied on him.

2)Being in hellfire is a separate topic which has ikhtilaf.

:wasalam:

Mairo

Maryama
:salam2:

I finally did watch the entire documentary. I actually think it was quite good. Her viewpoint is very thoughtful and I hope efforts such as this will help to promote more dialogue and understanding. It is good to identify that Islam represents a middle path and does not embrace extremes. She seems to have a lot of respect and appreciation for Islam. I wouldn't be surprised if one day she became Muslim herself.

Ershad

Walaikkum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Another short video from the same town. This brother has an interesting point. It is wrong to blame the non-muslim for every woe of ours. Yes, we do suffer oppression. But, blaming them for everything is not good. Some problems we face are result of our own deeds.

[yt]qwLuyrXYz2A[/yt]