A let down....negative effects of TTI.??

MuslimShadow

Assalamo alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

First please note that i'm not saying tti or it's members are negative in anyway infact you all are so good masha'ALLAH and that's where the problem lies...........

I have been visiting tti since long and i have tried to better myself as a muslimah and yes i have changed a lot........added good deeds,Praying tahajjud etc.

But recently i have been feeling like *in comparison to you all* i stand nowhere.I feel jealous of your strong imaan. I'm not feeling down.........It's reality.I tried to make myself believe that it's not true but this has saddened me a lot.

Never felt like this before.

I never imagined that tti would have negative effects on me,but that's what's happening.What should i do now??

Should i stop coming to TTI.??

Wassalam.

John Smith

First please note that i'm not saying tti or it's members are negative in anyway infact you all are so good masha'ALLAH and that's where the problem lies...........

I have been visiting tti since long and i have tried to better myself as a muslimah and yes i have changed a lot........added good deeds,Praying tahajjud etc.

But recently i have been feeling like *in comparison to you all* i stand nowhere.I feel jealous of your strong imaan. I'm not feeling down.........It's reality.I tried to make myself believe that it's not true but this has saddened me a lot.

I never imagined that tti would have negative effects on me,but that's what's happening.What should i do now??

Wassalam.

Always compete with each other for good deeds, this should not only be your goal but all of us too.

Never look at someone and think they are superior to you as you do not know the condition of their Iman.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

I am glad the brother gave you good advice.

Me...I think I am gonna find you a husband.

We can not compare ourselves to others. Faith is not a yardstick.

Ash76

Sister,

Please do not feel disheartened and please do not stop coming onto TTI. I've learnt from my short time on TTI that we are all a big family on here who take benefit and comfort from the words of each other through the reminders of Allah so we can rectify and better ourself.

Remember that Allah love's the sincerity of one's intention (for his sake) before the actions of the deed as without the first the second means nothing. As the brother says so well "Never look at someone and think they are superior to you as you do not know the condition of their Iman", this is reminded to us in the following Hadith.

Hadith Qudsi 6:] On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say:

"The first of people against whom judgment will be pronounced on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who died a martyr. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: ‘And what did you do about them?’ He will say: ‘I fought for You until I died a martyr.’ He will say: ‘You have lied - you did but fight that it might be said [of you]: ‘He is courageous.’’ And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man who has studied [religious] knowledge and has taught it and who used to recite the Qur’an. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: ‘And what did you do about them?’ He will say: ‘I studied [religious] knowledge and I taught it and I recited the Qur’an for Your sake.’ He will say: ‘You have lied - you did but study [religious] knowledge that it might be said [of you]: ‘He is learned.’’ And you recited the Qur’an that it might be said [of you]: ‘He is a reciter.’ And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man whom Allah had made rich and to whom He had given all kinds of wealth. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: ‘And what did you do about them?’ He will say: ‘I left no path [un-trodden] in which You like money to be spent without spending in it for Your sake.’ He will say: ‘You have lied - you did but do so that it might be said [of you]: ‘He is open-handed.’’ And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire."

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and an-Nasa'i).

*pink niqaabi*

The envy you have is good and permissible, it shows you want to better yourself maasha'allah which is what we should all want to do:

Narrated Ibn Masud: I heard the Prophet saying, "There is no envy except in two: a person whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it in the right way, and a person whom Allah has given wisdom (i.e. religious knowledge) and he gives his decisions accordingly and teaches it to the others." [Bukhari]

This is just a trick of Shaytaan probably trying to lure you out from something Islamic and beneficial.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I too am sometimes envious of the others' strenght,I would be like them,but I can't because I am what I am and Allah knows best what's in my heart,even if I struggle myself to reach a goal and I don't succed.don't put down yourself,everybody has his good and bad moments,maybe due to the changements of the season,the weather,but I'm sure that deep in your heart you know how much you love your deen and how much you want to be in Allah's mercy:hijabi:

serena77

salaams sister
you truly aren't alone in this... maybe its in part because i only reverted at the very end of last year... i dunno... my health is suffering right now... and so there fore is the rest of me... though i'm trying to stay positive and optimistic..... while what i'm suffering from is not fatal... or anything as serious as that its still.... its hard...

there's so much i don't know when it comes to islam and honestly as stupid as it may sound... that alone makes it hard for me here at times.. because i've always been pretty good at things like reading comprehension... and there are times like on here when i feel so stupid when it comes to that... i want to learn ... thats not the problem... i just... i feel so ignorant... its why i stopped posting as much.. or part of the reason.. i need to reverse that, and i know i do.... but i'm trying....

serena

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

All the knowledge that we have is not even a full beak of a bird from the ocean. We have the Lord of the Words and His Knowledge.

When we are given knowledge we apply it. But, how can we gain knowledge unless we strive for it. There are no limitations as to when to strive for knowledge. Without knowledge our deen suffers. It is not crystallized.

I learn from everyone here. I am not ashamed to admit that I read your posts and links and watch the videos. I read the e-books...my eyes suffer at times.

I told one of my favorite brothers I wish I could just get his knowledge implanted into my little brain. There have been posters who have been so pious I would weep after reading them.

But, we need to sit together and become stronger in our belief.

Sister, have you ever prayed next to someone and the light from them is so strong it uplifts you...well that is what it is like here. Be uplifted.

Do not stop posting. I have even had treads that simply say..Another dumb question.

Remember we take knowledge with us...oh well..InshaAllah, I will have a thimble's worth.

sachin4islam

Wassalam.

Assalamu Alaikum:

Yes. Should I tell you a better option.......>FACEBOOK. Ya, but use it only for interacting with Muslimah and learning Deen. There are lots of fantastic Islamic groups on FACEBOOK.

Regards.

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-

Sister, this isn't a negative effect at all... In fact, this is a positive effect... It increases one's Imaan alot more... and makes one to do more good deeds...

MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU

MuslimShadow

I'm pleased to read your comments.Jazaka'ALLAH khairan.Feeling better...

Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Me...I think I am gonna find you a husband.

No, this is not a big concern for me now.Please sister i request you to refrain from making direct statement like this.

Assalamu Alaikum:

Yes. Should I tell you a better option.......>FACEBOOK. Ya, but use it only for interacting with Muslimah and learning Deen. There are lots of fantastic Islamic groups on FACEBOOK.

Regards.

Walaikum assalam

Good idea.I'll try that..

all4islam

Assalamu-alikum

sister you are eager to learn more about islam that's why you feel that way. it is not negative effect at all.
when i see answers from the brother and sisters with very good answer i find myself speechless Mashallah all of you know so much and i sometime just read and don't know the answers while other sisters and brothers know so well.i have learn so much from here.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

As sister pink niqaabi said,it is one of the good envy to have and is one of shaytaan's trick probably.
Sister,you only see one side of us in here.Allah knows many of us are struggling to maintain faith and better ourselves,for life is a battlefield and we are up against ourselves and shaytaan throughout our lives,it's not easy.
There is an incident from Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal(rahimhullah),who was on his death bed and his son heard him say,"Not yet",three times.When his son inquired why he said so,Imam(rahimhullah) replied,he was addressing shaytaan,who kept on saying,"Now you are free from me",to whe he replied "Not yet"..not untill his soul escapes his body.
So you see,it's the same with each one of us,we are all in a battlefield.It's a strive,a jihad.There is no salvation without Jihad.
By having good company and discussions,we can better our imaan,for good company is one of the things that will help you.
Like if you are an individual you might be an easy prey to shaytaan and your nafs and stray,but if you are with a jamaa'ah a group striving to be good,they will help you be on track when you are straying.Doing wasiyyah of haqq and wasiyyah of sabr.
The more I see brothers and sisters who are knowledgeable and pious here,the more it humbles me and gives an inspiration to strive more,they are like a jamaa'h to me ,a family that holds me.
May Allah forgive us.Ameen.

:wasalam:

Aziboy

Banned
Assalam Alaykum,

It happens only when you have more than one thing in mind going on parellely, means THIS and THAT..

Rather being jealous I would suggest you to learn INSPIRING from others like I do... Hope it would work with ya'll as well.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Why do sisters get so upset when I am direct with you? Here you are telling me you are jealous of people who practice faith and want to be like them.

You only want to hear what you want to hear? You miss a lot.

Facebook? You want to go to the two second version of faith?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
***edit***

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

Sister, what you are feeling is normal. Make good use of it by striving more in the way of Allaah and in gaining Islamic `Ilm Inshaa`Allaah.

*pink niqaabi*

Assalaamu alaikum, i think we all need to chill here inshallah and not go off topic and let this get out of hand. Inshallah we all have good intentions and don't want to hurt eachother, if somethings upset someone its best they speak to the person privately rather than out in public infront of others. It is generally best to advise eachother privately first inshallah. I know it can be very difficult (myself absolutely no exception) but we need to treat and talk to others how we want to be treated inshallah. We need to be brothers and sisters!

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Wassalam.

Wa`alaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatu

Sister the Imaan of all of us is nothing compared to the Imaan of Abu Bakr Radiyaa`Allah anhu

If the imaan of all Muslims were weighted against the Imaan of Abu Bakr Radiyaa`Allah Anhu it would still be nothing compared to his.

Compare yourself in a race to Janaah and I am sure you would never feel jealous or let down.