How to make sure of intention ?

Hopetogoparadis

--How to make sure of my intentions ???

Assalam alaikum

For long time, i have been doubting about my deeds and intentions behind them.

Before, i was just doing things without even thinking. Like when i wanted to go and tell someone about islam, i was doing it straightforward without even thinking. When i wanted to grow beard, i was doing it straight forward and things like that...

But now, i cant really decide why i am doing things, especially those who are volunteer actions, you know.

Like, if i wanna share an islamic video which might be benefical for people, i dont know if i really do it for sake of Allah to gain reward or just because i want it. Maybe because people will like it.

If i wanna talk about Islam with someone i dont know if i really do it for sake of Allah. Or just because i want everyone to live Islam.

And things like these that make me doubt of my self.

I know that i am not looking for someone to tell me ''ooooh, mashallah you are good Muslim'', i mean i dont care if they call me a good Muslim or not. Of course, i am proud to be Muslim but i also dont know if i really do volunteer actions for sake of Allah or just because i want to do them.

SOoo do you know whats this ? How can i have a solution for this ? Or maybe i should leave actions which i doubt and i should do ones which i am more sure of ?

Maybe i should some doa like ''Ooh Allah, if my intention is for worldy gain, dont give it to me, but give me reward for after here, to gain your sake ?''

what you think ?

Hopetogoparadis

Honestly i tried to ask questoin there once, but i couldnt. They asked me to search for question so i didnt go there anymore. But another brother replied with a link, i read there and at leat a bit, it might help both of us. THOUGH it would be good to have more comments please

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
:salam2: Brother

Hopefully this helps:

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt. Verily, truth is tranquillity and falsehood is doubt.”

[Sunan al-Tirmidhi and Sunan al-Nasaai – Hadith Sahih]

Commentary:

The above Hadith lays down a very general and important principle that can be applied in all aspects of one’s life. If a person truly applies the meaning of the above Hadith, he should, inshaallah (Allah willing), find psychological well-being and inner peace.

The above Hadith also shows the road to true piety and righteousness. In just a few words, the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) stated these very beneficial and useful principles.

Especially nowadays the above Hadith is of extreme importance due to there being numerous things or practices that seem to have some good and some bad to them that have not been discussed in detail by the scholars yet many people feel free to voice their opinions on whole range of such topics.

So how can one save himself from all this confusion? How can one know what path to follow that will lead him to the truth and lead him to Allah being pleased with him? Under situations like this, one truly needs to turn to the above Hadith of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam).

In summary, a Muslim should be certain of every act he performs. If he has any doubt concerning something, he should leave it for an act concerning which he has no doubt.

And Allah knows best!

http://hadithaday.org/important-actions/had-79-leave-that-which-makes-you-doubt/

MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU

helpinghumanity

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu brother

Your question/situation reminds of the following hadith.

"Actions are (judged) by motives (niyyah), so each man will have what he intended. Thus, he whose migration (hijrah) was to Allah and His Messenger, his migration is to Allah and His Messenger; but he whose migration was for some worldly thing he might gain, or for a wife he might marry, his migration is to that for which he migrated."[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

In order for any good deed to accepted, it should fulfill the criterion mentioned below

1) The deed should be done with Ikhlas (sincerity - to be truthful and honest to Allah alone, performing an act solely for Allah's sake whereby no other witness except Allah is sought)

2) The deed should be within the allowed parameters/boundaries of shariah.

Now the question may arise
What happens if the intention changes while performing an action?

Ibn Rajab says according to the ulama' if the niyyah at the end of the action matches the beginning (i.e. doing the action for the sake of Allah), then any changes in the middle of the action will be forgiven or does not matter, insha Allah. However, if the niyyah at the end does not match the beginning, i.e. we do the action for other than the sake of Allah, then we must repent (taubah).

Hopefully it help

Wassalam

luvurcreator

Asslamu-alaikum,

That is a very important question you've asked. Not many of us ponder upon this issue. Our actions are accepted by our niyah, yet many of us fail to set intention before setting our any goals. As for asking this question, visit this site askshaikh.com I've gotten positive result from this speaker. I feel his message is very real and he does not try to sugarcoat the truth (which is we are far away from the message). Also visit noora1.com. And read the article "stop reacting...start acting" It helped me alot. Hope it benefits you as well. May Allah guide you to the truth.