Role Models of the Muslim Ummah

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahamtullahi wa barakatuhu

Those who are living in New York and its adjoining areas should try their best to attend the lectures organized by John Jay College MSA. Don't forget to watch the preview below..wassalam

[YT]mT_Mmx7nfI0&feature=youtu.be&hd=1[/YT]

May 3, 2012. 5-7pm. The Grandest Event in the history of John Jay MSA is finally here, Alhamdulillah. After a series of extraordinarily beneficial events, we now present to you one of truly unmatched magnitude. A topic society often seems to shy away from, yet a problem so profound that verily it has taken a toll on the Musim Youth over the years.

Muslims today have forsaken the great people who preceded us. We have ignored the Prophets, the Sahaba and those who followed them. Instead, we now have Muslims who aspire to be like Tupac, BiggieSmalls, 50 Cent and other such individuals. Everybody perceives gangsters, drug-dealers and rappers as people whom it's admirable to look up to.

This is where Imam Siraj Wahhaj comes in with his flabbergasting words of wisdom and helps us perceive who our Role Models should be as Muslims. Insha'Allah, the Imam will be relating to us inspiring accounts from the lives of the Sahaba. May Allah give us all the will and the ability to take lessons from this lecture and apply to our lives the examples learned from the best of the people. Ameen.

[YT]d6XVvi_b2dg[/YT]

helpinghumanity

world is just an illusion

6_32.png

And the worldly life is not but amusement and diversion; but the home of the Hereafter is best for those who fear Allah , so will you not reason? [6:32]

57_20.png

Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.[57:20]

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

I have to say that i think its unfair to say that muslim youth look up to gangsters drug dealers and what have you etc...

its the same like saying Muslims support terrorism while in fact only a small fraction do.So I believe that saying young muslims look up to gangsters is the same and completely wrong. This what I dont like about our ELDERS thinking that the Ummah is failing because of our youth.

May Allah SWT Forgive me if I had said something wrong

MuslimShadow

Walaikum Assalam

Shabaaz beale a.k.a Napolean from the tupac group outlawz is a good muslim.We can look up to him.