need help in following islam

sarakang

Assalam-Aliykum

I reverted to islam few days back and have many questions.

I want to pray but i dun know arabic n m still learning teachings of quran. my question is can i offer salah while holding quran as i m new.

:tti_sister: May Allah Guide All of us..
Your Sister in Islam.

A_B_D

wa alaikum Salam Sister,

First of all, all praise to Allah for guiding you to islam.

As for your question, here is the answer:

In his response to the question in point, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

If you are new to Islam and you haven’t memorized anything yet, you may pray while reading from a book or written paper. But you should discontinue this practice as soon as you have learned the basic minimum elements required for fard (obligatory) Prayer.

The basic minimum required reading in salah consists of Surat al-Fatihah and some short surahs, such as the three last surahs of the Qur’an, in addition to what is listed below:

1. Subhana rabbiya al-`azeem (glory be to my Lord, the Great) three times in ruku` (while bowing)

2. Sami`a Allahu liman hamidah (Allah hears those who praise Him) while rising from ruku`

3. Rabbana laka al-hamdu (Our Lord, all praise is Yours) after rising from ruku`

4. Subhana rabbiya al-a`la (Glory be to my Lord, the Most High) while in sujud (prostration)

5. At-tahhiyyat or tashahhud while sitting after two rak`ahs or in the final rak`ah before salam, (which one can read from a book)

If you find yourself unable to say these except by looking in a book, you can do so until such time that you are able to recite them from memory. It is important for us to know that Allah does not burden us with tasks which are beyond our abilities.

As for the sunnah and nafl (optional) prayers, you may look in the book if you wish occasionally to read longer surahs. We have precedents for this in the practice of the early generations; we learn from the sources that `A'ishah, the beloved wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) commissioned someone to lead her and other women in Tarawih Prayer during the month of Ramadan by looking in the Mushaf (copy of the Qur’an). If it had been haram to do so, she would not have done it.

mohammadyunus

Sister in islam
As salam waleikum.
Welcome to islam and welcome to TTI.
Since i am also a revert i can tell you that being a true muslim is better appreciated by us.

I also wish to advise you that accepting islam is the first step. Now our goal in life must be TO DIE AS A MUSLIM that is TO DIE WITH IMAAN in our hearts.
This will be possible only when when we adhere to the principles of islam and practising the sunnah of our beloved prophet (SAWS) throughout our lives.

Aziboy

Banned
Wa alaykum As Salam Dear Sister,

Welcome Home.

There is nothing to worry about, My simple suggestion to you would be just try to act on what is obligatory while you are learning. There is nothng hard and fast rules here.

Take your time and learn from the best you know and remember, Whatever answers you get for your questions, the Qur'an and the Sunnah should always be the criteria.

May ALLAH bless and guide you and your family.

Jazak Allahu Khair

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalam-Aliykum

I reverted to islam few days back and have many questions.

I want to pray but i dun know arabic n m still learning teachings of quran. my question is can i offer salah while holding quran as i m new.

:tti_sister: May Allah Guide All of us..
Your Sister in Islam.

:wasalam:

Alhamdulillah,welcome to Islam and welcome to TTI.
As brother Azimax said,take it slow step by step.
First of all acquaint yourself with 5 pillars of Islam :
1)Shahadah(bearing witness that there is none worthy of being worshipped except Allah and that Muhammad :saw: is a salve of Allah and His messenger)
2) Salah : 5 compulsory prayers
(Fajr ,just before sunrise
dhuhr ,post midnoon
'asr , post after noon
maghreb,just after sunset
'Isha Night prayer)

3) Sawm (Fasting in the month of Ramadan)

4) Zakah(poor due,to be paid by those financially able compulsorily)

5) Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah in the month of Dhil Hajj,for those who are physically and financially able)

Also 6 articles of iman(faith):

Belief in Allah

Belief in all of Allah's messengers and prophets

Belief in all of Allah's angels

Belief in the books revealed by Allah (Taurat,Injeel ,Zaboor and Qur'an)

Belief in the day of resurrection.

Belief in qada wal qadr (predestination and divine decree)

Visit this link for learning Surah Al Fatihah Link
You should learn this surah first of all ,so that you can offer salah.Then after that step by step proceed ,in sha' Allah, as learning is a step by step process.You can see on thr left hand side of this website turntoislam,there is a link for helping as to how to offer prayer.Step by step you can start from there in sha' Allah.
Don't overburden yourself.

May Allah keep you and all of us steadfast.Ameen.

sarakang

Asalam Ailykum

Thanx to all. n i knw one should learn step by step n so m i learning about islam slowly day by day but as u knw wen a person reverts saturn(devil) try to influence more.....n i just want to start prayng and ask Allah to guide me help me fight for for i have choosen make my family understand me n more over want to be away frm wrong influences dat was d reason i wanted to start praying or perform salah. Insha-Allah one day ill remember and understand more about isalm with the help of all my brothers and sister over here. i just want u to help ur little sister.

May Allah guide us all and show his mercy on us.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Asalam Ailykum

Thanx to all. n i knw one should learn step by step n so m i learning about islam slowly day by day but as u knw wen a person reverts saturn(devil) try to influence more.....n i just want to start prayng and ask Allah to guide me help me fight for for i have choosen make my family understand me n more over want to be away frm wrong influences dat was d reason i wanted to start praying or perform salah. Insha-Allah one day ill remember and understand more about isalm with the help of all my brothers and sister over here. i just want u to help ur little sister.

May Allah guide us all and show his mercy on us.

Welcome sister.
May Allah protect you from shayateen.
Sister visit this thread to lean how to perform salah >> How to perform salah?

Visit this link so that you can learn to recite surah fatihah at least in qiyaam(standing position)>> Learn surah al fatihah

And visit this link so you can learn a few more surah to read in qiyaam in salah>> Learn Qur'an

In above link as you scroll down,you can start from the first four quls ,that is,
Learn the Four Quls:
Surah Al-Kafiroun ,Surah Al-Falaq,Surah Al-Ikhlas,Surah An-Nas.
Then learn more as time passes by in sha' Allah.You can contact a few sisters here in sha' Allah,they can help you with learning in sha' Allah.
Dont overburden yourself sister,slowly yet steadily in sha'Allah.
Ameen to your duas.

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu alaikum and welcome!

Have patience with yourself, take your time to learn and grow in Islam, all of us can only take one step at a time. It is good for you to commit to learning the prayers at the beginning, may Allah make it easy for you. May Allah always bless the sincerity and faith in your heart. I am also a revert and have a hard time memorizing some of the ayat in the Quran. I have a digital Quran that I listen to (Arabic recitation with English translation) after I pray. But I plan in time to focus more attention on learning Arabic so that I can better understand and recite in Arabic myself.

Sister in islam
As salam waleikum.
Welcome to islam and welcome to TTI.
Since i am also a revert i can tell you that being a true muslim is better appreciated by us.

I also wish to advise you that accepting islam is the first step. Now our goal in life must be TO DIE AS A MUSLIM that is TO DIE WITH IMAAN in our hearts.
This will be possible only when when we adhere to the principles of islam and practising the sunnah of our beloved prophet (SAWS) throughout our lives.

Salaam brother,

Just wanted to say I really appreciate your simple yet profound statement. This is really what it is all about. May Allah always be our Guide, may we keep on the Straight Path and die on the right note.

Marina28

I found this quiet helpful, I've nearly learnt this verse in this YouTube video, hope it helps.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rywokB1vtOc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Also this video is quiet helpful also

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrpMndstxto&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I'm also revert so I know how hard it is :p but we get double reward for all we doing :)

sarakang

Thanx brother....m glad dat 1st it was only my best friend who use to teach me about islam n how to pray but now have so many friends to help me....i m lucky dat Allah made me belive in islam n made me talk to his followers.........with aLL u peoples help i will insha-allah learn very soon everythng....thanx for ur support may god show all of us right path n give courage to follow it.