Was what I did correct?

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Aameen!!!:)

Hey akhi, why don't you give this roomate of yours some da`wah while you're in there...? You never know, Allaah `azza wa jall might just guide him through you !=)

InsyaAllah im trying. I'll just endure exactly another month!

Thank you ukhti.

Aziboy

Banned
yeah but at the same time i mean while doing Da'wah, also make sure you destroy those radios too, I am waiting to here from you on those instruments man
:D

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
So today when no one was in the bunk, I saw a penknife on the table and I cut the wire off.

:salam2:

I would do just same.

grin.gif

abjad

AlHamd Li'Laah

Was what I did correct?

'your Nafs knows better'
and that is why you are asking,
I advice and not as a suggestion

follow those correct teachings of Your Prophet(of Allah) wheter islam or any.

Aziboy

Banned

this is not forbidding evil
but inviting.

what kind of teachings are these....Terror?

Hey why you sound so harsh in here, if you don't like anything..... u knw where the door is right??? So please don't be Unnecessarily Cruel and unkind.. and u sound like a bunkmate of the brother whose radio was broken. :D

if you still don't like it all.... pls park elsewhere dude. b bye

Ayyub

Walaykum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I think there is more understanding to be done. This is a general fatawaa. We should be careful where we apply fatawaa. Does this mean everyone individually can destroy the instruments though he is not in power. Can he destroy these without any authority? Can he destroy if that action can cause greater harm to him or his religion? Does that mean he can destroy it if it cause the person to develop animosity towards the religion?

I am asking this for a speculation and to point that a deeper discussion or thinking is required. And that you cannot apply a general fatawaa into a specific situation. I have seen in Saudi, the religious police destroying musical instruments, Maa 'sha Allah :

[yt]aYDNf8L1BX4[/yt]

But, they have the authority and they are living in a muslim country ruled by Sharia. The OP, I believe lives in a non-muslim country and he does not have the authority.

So, I am just wondering. Wallahu A''lam. I hope you understand my point. What is obligatory is disavowal of the evil thing by heart if it is not possible by tongue or by hand because of Prophet's saying (peace be upon him): "If anyone among you, sees something abominable, they should rectify it with their hand; and if they are unable to, then they should do it with their tongue; and if they cannot, then they should (abhor it) from their heart, and that is the least form of Iman." Related by Muslim in his Sahih.

What I am doubtful is if by his action, his bunkmate could report it to his superior and that would cause his superior to treat him bad or restrict him from offering prayers or something like that, then it leads to greater harm for him.

Wassalamu Alaikkum

Assalamou Alaikoum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Well from what I have read I think that there must be certain condition fullfilled to take matters in ones own hand.

Q : Can evil be changed with one's hand (by taking action)? Who should change evil with his hand? Please, support the answer with evidence. May Allah preserve you!

A : Allah (may He be Glorified and Exalted) described the believers of denouncing evil and enjoining what is good. He (may He be Exalted) says: (Surah At-Tawbah, 9: 71) The believers, men and women, are Auliyý (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al-Maýrýf (i.e. Islýmic Monotheism and all that Islým orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islým has forbidden) Allah (may He be Exalted) also says: (Surah Al-`Imran, 3: 104) Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islým), enjoining Al-Maýrýf (i.e. Islýmic Monotheism and all that Islým orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islým has forbidden). Allah (may He be Exalted) also says: (Surah Al-`Imran, 3: 110) ýYou (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Maýrýf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden)ý There are many verses that affirm the duty of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil. That is because of the importance of this issue and the great need for it.

According to an authentic Hadith, the Prophet (peace be upon him) says: "Whoever, among you, sees something abominable should rectify it with his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do it, then he should speak against it; and if he has not strength enough to do it, (even) then he should (abhor it) from his heart, and that is the least of Faith." Narrated by Muslim in his Sahih. Changing evil by one's hand should be done by those who are able to do that such as rulers and the competent authority and bodies in charge of such matters in the areas over which they have been appointed, the emir within his scope, the judge within his jurisdictions, and a man in his own house with his children and household according to his ability.

But if he is not able to do that, or if changing it with his hand may lead to division and conflict or result in worse harm, then he should not change it with hand. Rather, he should change it with his tongue by speaking against it. That will be sufficient lest changing it with hand should lead to a worse evil than that which he is seeking to change as stated by the scholars. In the case of changing evil with his tongue, it is sufficient for him to say, ýO my brother, fear Allah, this is not permitted! You should stop this! You should do such and such, etc." in a proper manner. After speaking against it, finally comes the role of the heart i.e. to hate the evil in one's heart, show this dislike openly, and avoid sitting with those who do it. Allah is the Source of strength.(Ibn Baz fatwas in alifta)

In the explanation of the hadith mentioned above, the Permanent Committee of Scholars mentioned, "The Hadith explains the stages of rectifying an evil which are three. First: rectifying it by the force of one's hand, which is a duty on those who have the ability to do so such as rulers, a father with his children and a husband with his wife. Second: If rectifying the evil by force is not feasible, one may rectify it through speaking with one's tongue, which is for scholars and their like. Third: If trying to rectify the evil through speaking is not also feasible, one should try to rectify it internally through abhorring it with one's heart. However, rectifying by the heart is an internal act which will be rewarded only if sincere. The perfect aspect of the heart's denial of an evil is leaving the place where the evil is committed. (alifta.com)

In another fatwa they mentioned, "Regarding resisting evil, Muslims should be of three types. First: Those who must rectify it by force such as rulers or those given the same authority such as a father with his children, a master with his servant and a husband with his wife, provided that those committing the evil act will not desist except by force. Second: Those who have to resist evil through advising, guidance, admonishing and practicing Da`wah (call to Islam) in a way that is best. Such may not use force or violence so that they may not cause turmoil and spread chaos. Third: Those who must resist evil by internal denial because they lack the authority and influence. In fact, the latter category represents the least of faith.(alifta.com)

On the topic of leaving the place where evil is occuring they mentioned, "However, if there is a Shar'y (Islamic legal) interest in remaining in a place where evil is prevalent outweighing the harm therein when one can resist evil temptations, one may stay among those who commit evil acts provided that one tries to resist according to what category he falls under. Otherwise, one will have to leave in order to safeguard one's religion."(alifta.com)

Q6: Is enjoining Ma'ruf and forbidding Munkar, namely correcting the wrong by the hand, a right for all Muslims or is it just confined to those in authority and their deputies?

A: Correcting the wrong is a right for all Muslims according to their ability, because the Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "Anyone of you who sees Munkar (that which is unacceptable or disapproved of by Islamic law and Muslims of sound intellect), let them change it with their hand (by taking action); if they cannot, then with their tongue (by speaking out); and if they cannot, then with their heart (by hating it and feeling that it is wrong); and that is the weakest of Iman (faith)."(Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi & others)

However, changing by the hand must be based on ability that will not result in greater corruption or evil. Man has the right to rectify matters with his hand (by taking action) in his home, with his children, wife, and servants; and a manager has the authority to make changes with the hand within the organization they are responsible for, in accordance with the instructions that were given to them. Otherwise, people should not change with their hand anything they are not authorized to change. If they do make changes in matters that they have no authority over, this will result in more evil and great corruption between them and the people and between the people and the state.

In this case they should make the change with their tongue (by speaking out). They may say: "O so-and-so! Fear Allah! That is not permissible," "This is Haram (prohibited)," or: "That is Wajib (obligatory) on you," and clarify it with Sharýy (Islamic legal) evidence. This is what can be done by the tongue. As for changing matters with the hand, this should be done where one has authority, such as oneýs home, with those under oneýs responsibility, or those authorized by the ruler, such as organizations given permission and authority to enjoin Maýruf (that which is judged as good, beneficial, or fitting by Islamic law and Muslims of sound intellect). They should make changes in accordance to the degree of authority that has been given to them, in the way prescribed by the Shariýah (Islamic law), without exceeding their jurisdiction. The same applies to the governor of a city; he should make changes with his hand, in accordance with the instructions he has.

Ibn Baz Fatwas vol. 8 pg. 208

So according to Ibn Baz rahimahullah it becomes clear that not everyone has the right to take matters in his own hands. Besides that we shouldn't interpret the ahadith like we want to but rather look at how tha best of mankind understood them (the sahaba radhiallahu anhum). And this is where our Ulama rahimahum allah wa hafidhahumallah come into the stroy who can explain to you how the Sahaba understood certain ahadith and verss from the quran besides them.

Wa'alaikoum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

abjad

AlHamd Li'Laah
Hey why you sound so harsh in here, if you don't like anything..... u knw where the door is right??? So please don't be Unnecessarily Cruel and unkind.. and u sound like a bunkmate of the brother whose radio was broken. :D

if you still don't like it all.... pls park elsewhere dude. b bye

my reply was to Idrs
however i appreciate to be accepted by TTI admin as one of his members;
simultaneously your reply wont let me loose my temper as u did;
people over here (I believe) are not similar to your mentality.

Now the one who enquired>

he clearly stated that 'was on voluntarily basis of his country for some time'
he knows that there are superiors to be approach as when needs be;
not that only in/on every military or police there is Order and that comes from "Disciple"
and what is discipline

is the basis of order, without order there could be No Progress.

while he violated that...his charges if it will be found out is
"discplinary offence". Now coming here to Turn to Islam ;
instead of reaping the harvest of "Pity and Taqwa' ...
You Reply as you said..
:::
however i hope you will understand and go back to Allah for Maghfirah why not we are all bound for error or mistake and only Him Jala wa Allah is Forgiving and Mercifull.

ادْفَعْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ السَّيِّئَةَ نَحْنُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا يَصِفُونَ ﴿23:96

(23:96) O Muhammad, repel evil with that which is best:
We are fully aware of what they utter against you.

brother;
the Kuran Kareem, is for us to follow Prophet has conveyed and you know that in his last sermon said- he leaves behind him two thing (1) Kuran (2)his suna, should we follow them we wont go astray.

wa maa aleiyna ila L balaagh