Asma-Al-Husna

Ash76

Walaikusalam Sister,

I was once enlightened by a wise scholar in a talk he delivered in our local Masjid that one will rarely find evidence in Qur'an or Sunnah that you have to pray a certain supplication or a Name of Allah X amount of times to achieve a particular goal. However he advised there was nothing wrong with devising one's own method to achieve a permissible goal, as long as you were not going against the commandment of Allah to attain it.

So for example from my personal experience, I recently took an interest in flowering and through neglect of a particular household plant over years, this beautiful flower had wasted away and died. So I used to recite various names of Allah 10 times, for e.g. AL-BA'ITH (The Ressurector), AL-MUHYI (The Giver of Life), AL-MUQIT (The Nourisher) and blow upon it, with unwavering doubt that Allah will make it bloom again one day, even though human logic probably said "you need to bin it". NOTE: there was no particular reason why I chose the number 10 apart from keeping it as low and rounded as possible so I could read with frequency. One day to my delight a stem had emerged from the soil and a radiant coloured petal had bloomed (Subhanallah). So for me the method I utilised worked. A lot of Books written by knowledgable Ulamah's will recommend you read a particular supplication, etc X amount of times to acheive a particular objective and I don't personally see anything wrong with that. Unfortunately there is a tendancy these days for some people to lose sight of the bigger picture and say what you are doing is a Biddah as it is not stated in Qur'an or Sunnah, which I believe is incorrect.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Walaikusalam Sister,

So for example from my personal experience, I recently took an interest in flowering and through neglect of a particular household plant over years, this beautiful flower had wasted away and died. So I used to recite various names of Allah 10 times, for e.g. AL-BA'ITH (The Ressurector), AL-MUHYI (The Giver of Life), AL-MUQIT (The Nourisher) and blow upon it, with unwavering doubt that Allah will make it bloom again one day, even though human logic probably said "you need to bin it". NOTE: there was no particular reason why I chose the number 10 apart from keeping it as low and rounded as possible so I could read with frequency. One day to my delight a stem had emerged from the soil and a radiant coloured petal had bloomed (Subhanallah). So for me the method I utilised worked. A lot of Books written by knowledgable Ulamah's will recommend you read a particular supplication, etc X amount of times to acheive a particular objective and I don't personally see anything wrong with that.

Thats a truely amazing story... Maybe I will try the same at my home, except i think mine are just dying out of pure neglect :( But wow! amazing story.. Subhanallah...

Unfortunately there is a tendancy these days for some people to lose sight of the bigger picture and say what you are doing is a Biddah as it is not stated in Qur'an or Sunnah, which I believe is incorrect.

Ah OH!!! Wait for it....

Ash76

AL-QABID (The Constrictor) and AL-BASIT (The Reliever): Allah is the One who constricts and He is the One who relieves. All existence is in the palm of Allah’s Hand of Power. Should He wish, He can prevent wealth, marriage, family, children and comfort from coming to you. He can make the rich turn poor, the healthy become sick, the happy become sad, the comfortable heart become constricted and the clear mind become depressed. These are the manifestations of Allah’s attribute of AL-QABID. Then, when He chooses, He will open the door for you and release abundance, love, joy, relief and ease of hardship, these are the manifestations of His attribute AL-BASIT. Recognise these names of Allah by acknowledging that the life He has created on this planet is a test for you. Know that Allah does not test someone above their ability and He only tries you with trials, which He knows you can pass and make you stronger and return to Him.

Ash76

AL-MAJID (The Majestic One): Allah is Most High, Most Majestic in the whole world of His creation and beyond. No hands can touch him, no worldly eyes can see Him, no power can reach Him, yet He is closer to you than your own soul and jugular vein. His love and compassion for you is far greater than that of your mother’s and your own care for yourself. His bounties are infinite and there is no end to His Mercy. His state is pure perfection and His acts are pure wisdom. Recognise this name of Allah by being sincere in your devotion and worship to Him and by purifying your intentions when performing your good deeds. Seek His pleasure alone and you will be granted strength and honour.

Ash76

AN-NAFI (The Creator of Good): Allah is the Creator of all that is good. He has created the human being as the finest example of His creation i.e Ashraful Makhluqat (Greatest of all Creations). He has bestowed upon you gifts that render you unique and superior to the rest of creation. The highest of His gift is your faith, your intelligence and your consciousness, through these qualities He has taught you to discriminate, make your own choices and choose what is best. He has also given you free will so that you may find out for yourself whether you will submit to the greater Will of Allah or revolt and cause your own downfall and destruction and be rejected from His Mercy, as was the case with the Devil. Recognise this name of Allah by knowing that your ability to choose between goodness and evil is not a test for Allah to see how you will act and behave but know that Allah has created your fate even before He created you. He already knows what you will do and it is only the person who believes in fate that may be saved from it.

Ash76

AN-NUR (The Light): Allah is the Divine Light that shines upon the whole of creation, thus making all things visible and apparent. Just as Allah's Light is responsible for making the perceptible seen, it also makes the conceivable known. Allah's Light is the light of all existence just as non-existence is darkness. Allah's Light is the beacon of light that brought existence out of the darkness and in which even darkness illuminates. Recognise this name of Allah by illuminating your heart with the love and remembrance of Allah that He may instill in your hearts faith and wisdom that you may distinguish right from wrong and good from bad. Remember that the Devil and one’s own devils (our nafs) are like thieves who operate by stealth and under the cover of darkness and enter dark houses. Inshallah, they will never be able to enter the divine house (the pure heart), which is illuminated by the light of faith. "Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah disdaineth (aught) save that He shall perfect His light, however much the disbelievers are averse" Quran 9:32

Ash76

AL-KARIM (The Generous One): Allah is extremely generous. His greatest generosity is His Mercy, through which He chooses to forgive when He can so easily punish. He always fulfils His promises and has promised His reward and help for the doer of good deeds. In His generosity, His rewards surpass all expectations. He also promises His punishment to sinners, yet He, in His divine judgment, finds extenuating circumstances to forgive. Recognise this name of Allah by seeking refuge in Him alone. You do not need to seek intermediaries to stand in His divine presence. Remember He knows all your difficulties and needs even before you know them yourself. In His generosity, He gives help and satisfies your needs even before you asked for its fulfilment.

Ash76

AL-LATIF (The Subtle One): Allah is most delicate, fine and gentle. He is the one who knows the finer details of beauty. He is the maker of all things that are beautiful to the hearts, to the eyes and to the minds. He Himself is All-Beautiful. The finest of His beauties are hidden in the secrets of the beauties within ourselves. He contains the minutest details of a divine puzzle where all things fit harmoniously into each other. Ponder the fetus within the womb, the fine silk within the silkworm, the honey within the bee and the heart within the human being. Know that a heart that does not contain the beautiful light of recognising Allah, is like a bee without honey that becomes a hornet with a poisonous stinger, harming whoever comes close to it. Open your heart and look hard to recognise this name of Allah. Sometimes, you will find it in a fine delicate mist of quietitude within the turbulence of your wordly activities. Sometimes you will find it as a gentle blessing within His harshest of punishments.

Ash76

Walaikumsalam

Jazakallah Sister, it's encouraging to hear the thread is providing some benefit in one's recognition of Allah.

May Allah accept our conveying and our recognising (Ameen!).

Ash76

AL-MUQIT (The Nourisher): Allah creates nourishment for each and every one of His creation even before He brings that creation into existence. No one can take away the nourishment destined for any of His creation. The nourishment due will not run out until death overtakes that creation. Look at the plants, look at the birds, ponder How Allah provides them with nourishment. Think of the twins in the mother’s womb, how each is destined with their own supply of nourishment without having to wrestle any away from the other without fighting. Yet the same twins who tranquilly and peacefully received nourishment through their mother’s lifeblood, coming into the world and growing together may end up killing each other for their mother’s inheritance. Has Allah told them “When you come in to the world I am done with you?”.

Ash76

AL-MALIK AL-MULK (The Owner of All): Allah is the eternal and exclusive owner of His Kingdom. He does not share, nor does He feel the need to share, the ownership, the power, the governance or the guardianship of the universe with anyone. Yet in His infinite Mercy, He unconditionally favours us to enjoy the blessings of all that He has created within. Allah says, “I was a hidden treasure, I wished to be known, therefore I created creation.” Recognise this name of Allah by knowing that the whole universe is one kingdom and all of creation is interconnected, whether it be spiritually, physically, or through dependence. This in some way resembles the human being whose soul, mind, heart, eyes, hands, feet are all individual parts, yet when connected form a higher function that gives us the ability to sense and recognise Allah.

Ash76

AL-MUBDI (The Originator): Allah is the originator of all things. He creates without model or material. In the beginning, before time or space existed, only Allah existed and there was no other than He. There were no models of things to be, nor materials to make them from. Allah, Most High to manifest His existence, to make known his beauty and perfection, to make felt His love and compassion, created the creation and produced the first models of everything, without a prototype, without trial and error or an evolutionary process. Allah made each original creation a means of perpetuating its own kind in accordance with the causes, conditions, rules, limits, which He has also created and set in place. Recognise this name of Allah by contemplating what is it that moved the void, who was it that charged the proton and the electron and what force is their other than He who sustains the continuity of things through the process of regeneration and sustainability. Is not He (best) Who produceth creation, then reproduceth it, and Who provideth for you from the heaven and the earth ? Is there any God beside Allah ? Say: Bring your proof, if ye are truthful! (Surah An-Naml – 27:64)

Ash76

AL-MUQSIT (The Equitable One): Allah is the one who acts and distributes with complete justice and fairness. How harmonious and balanced is His creation that he has created the eyes to see all the beauties in the Heavens and Earth i.e. the mountains, the seas, the flowers, the stars and the sunset, for if there was none to see, then the creation of these beauties would be without sense. Ponder, how if the Earth was any closer to the Sun, all of us on the surface would be burnt and if we were any further away then we would have frozen to our deaths. How right is the Earth’s place. Ponder if the Oxygen in the air would have been more or less, it would have harmed us but He has equitably proportioned it with the correct ratio of Nitrogen, Argon and other traceable gases so we can live, breath and hymn his praises. Recognise this name of Allah by accepting, that through His infinite wisdom, He gives riches to some, poverty to others, power to some, weakness to others, valour to some, fear to others. Know that Allah treats all his servants equitably and not a single good deed goes unnoticed as each receives its due reward in full.

Ash76

AL-WALI (The Friend and Protector): Allah is the protecting friend of the believers. He helps eliminate their difficulties in time of worry and provides them with guidance when they are lost. He grants them peace and success in this world and the hereafter. He takes them out of the darkness and enlightens their hearts. Those hearts do not stay constricted to the present but stretch to times before the before and the future after the after. Recognise this name of Allah by being good in your friendship to others, by being true and just in your all your relationships and being tied to no expectation or return from anyone for your favours except from Almighty Allah Himself.

Ash76

AL-HALIM (The Forbearing): Allah is forbearing in the punishment of the guilty. He waits, giving time to the sinners to realise their guilt and ask for forgiveness in order that they may be pardoned rather than punished. He has absolute power and is just. Yet in His Infinite Mercy He prefers to pardon the guilty rather than take vengeance. Recognise this name of Allah by knowing that in AL-HALIM there is a breath of relief. Is there an hour or day that does not pass in which we have not sinned? If Allah was prompt in his punishment, not giving us time to realise the error of our ways and their consequences, not giving us the chance to beg for His Forgiveness and Mercy, there wouldn’t be a single person left alive on the face of the earth.

Ash76

AL-MUTA’ALI (The Supreme One): Allah is Most Supreme and is higher than any action, manner, condition or thought any creation may have of Him. He is beyond the above and beyond the beyond. His greatness is ever growing and has no limits. As He gives from his inexhaustible treasures, His riches increase. As the needs of His creation increases, His bounties increase. Yet if all the forces, all the conniving minds and all the armies of the entire universe were to unite, they could not by force take anything from Him or something He has destined for His creation, even a thing the size of a mustard seed, without His permission and His will. Recognise this name of Allah by pondering upon the nations that were once supreme, but then were trampled and dishonoured and have disappeared from the maps and face of the Earth. Allah is Most Supreme and is exempt from all failures, defects and limits.

Ash76

AR-RAZZAQ (The Sustainer): Allah is the Sustainer of everything that exists in order for creation to be maintained. Just as how Allah provides physical sustenance in the form of energy to the created, keeping it alive for a fixed period of time, He also provides spiritual sustenance to us, for the advancement of our souls for a good eternal life, through His remembrance and adherence of His commands. Recognise this name of Allah by knowing that our physical sustenance does not exist solely in the form of air, water, food and clothing but also in the mercy of our mothers, fathers, husbands, wives and children as well. The manifestation of this name within the believer is when Allah renders a person with material riches and they instantly recognise this as coming from Allah alone. Such believers are also a companion of knowledge that leads to the truth, having a tongue that leads to the path of salvation and by having a heart filled with love and compassion, thus becoming a source through whom others gain their sustenance with ease and in abundance.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

Masha Allah , a wonderful thread..

Keep them flow with no barriers Insha Allah :)
Jazakallah Khair , and May Allah Azzawajal accept this deed from you.

Can any one give me a direct link where I can find the explanations for each and every single Asma al Husna ? pleasee???