Family Question and guidance

Shak78

:salam2:

I hope this finds all of my brothers and sisters in good health and eeman. I received a letter from my father today, a man I have not seen in 16 years. He wants to come up and see me and my family at the end of June/early July. I hvae not seen him nor had contact with him for over 5 years and not seen in 16. He walked out on my mom and I when I was 10 to do drugs and live a very unhealthy lifestyle. I have no desire to see him at all as my life is just fine and dandy w/out him. I am still not sure what to do, tell him no ect. Anyone have advice for me that might help because I am lost on this one.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

He is reaching out to you. It will be a short visit. Let him see his grandson. You never know if this will bring him into light.
He may have changed 100%. And if he has not; you have done the very best you could.

Mairo

Maryama
:salam2: sister

I think it is good your father wants to get in touch with you, his daughter. It is usually good to keep the lines of communication open and keep the ties of kinship intact, looking to reconcile whenever possible. I would encourage you to agree to have him visit with you and your family and also that you are kind and merciful towards him. I hope things go well for you.