how can silk be halal?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I've read that to women is allowed to dress silked clothes,while for men it's haram.having sailed on the net about some matters on the lecity or not of some foods,I knew that insects are haram.the example of a famous halal sausage which contains the E-120 colorant:it comes from the essication of a red insect.many insects are killed to make many muslims eat something that's haram.
my question about the silk is:can a woman dress a cloth coming from the death of hundreds of those white worms called "bachi da seta"?they are boiled and their silk is shaped until it reaches the right dimension.
is there any hadith which legalize the utilisation of this kind of tissue?
thanks a lot for any answer:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

I know that men should not wear silk garments, but if a garment is made of party silk but is not silky,soft,shiny, and feminine looking and looks like wool (suit coat) then would it be ok?

Praise be to Allaah.

The scholars are agreed that it is permissible for women to wear and use pure silk, and that it is haraam for men to do so, because of the hadeeth of ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) took a piece of silk in his right hand and a piece of gold in his left, held them aloft and said: “These are haraam for the males of my ummah and permitted for the females.” (Reported by Ibn Maajah, 2/1189).

Abu Moosa (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Gold and silk have been permitted for the females of my ummah and forbidden for the males.” Indeed, a stern warning has been narrated concerning this matter, as was reported by al-Bukhaari (5853) and Muslim (2069) in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), who reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Silk is only worn in this world by the one who will have no share of the pleasure of the Hereafter.” Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever wears silk in this world will not wear it in the Hereafter.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5832).

The scholars allowed men to wear silk in certain exceptional circumstances where there is shar’i evidence to support this, such as Muslim combatants in war who are allowed to wear silk in order to show off and annoy the enemy, which is a kind of psychological warfare. People who are sick may also be permitted to wear silk to relieve their suffering, as Anas reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) allowed ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf and Ibn al-Zubayr (may Allaah be pleased with them both) to wear silk because of a skin irritation that they suffered from. (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 10/295, and Muslim, 3/1646).

The scholars also allowed men to wear garments containing four fingers’ width of silk, because of the hadeeth of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the wearing of silk except for an area the width of two fingers, or three or four.” (Reported by Muslim, 3/1644).

With regard to the matters mentioned in the question, the issue is not what a thing is called but what it really is. If the item that a man is going to wear is made of natural silk, then it is not permissible for him to wear it, no matter how it looks or feels, and no matter whether it is a shirt, pants, socks, a necktie or anything else. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/2037/silk

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
it doesn't help me very much.so if I wear silked dresses in this life,I'll not wear it in the other one?why is allowed to women?is it possible that far in the past women already dressed silked clothes?didn't they feel pain by killing all thoose animals?I think that there is a non-sense.by the way I've discovered that many behaviours of people,even muslims,don't reflect my Ideal of Islam,I continue asking how can I feel good in this life,if everything around me is so wrong?I've known that cigarette is haram but in every shop it's sold,I hope silk to be intended as a tissue with the sembiance of the pearl-brilliance,but something coming from the unanimated nature,because I got disappointed.am I animalist?not,but I'm wishing to be coherent,and animals like those white worms are really too innocent to be sacrified to enbeauty ourselves.
thank you very much for your suggestion:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, this is a simple one. The Prophet of Allah, swas, allowed women to wear silk. I am so glad he, swas, allowed it. Allah subhana wa taala has given us permission to wear silk. And let me tell you sister..do I look good in silk; do I feel good in silk.

ShyHijabi

it doesn't help me very much.so if I wear silked dresses in this life,I'll not wear it in the other one?why is allowed to women?is it possible that far in the past women already dressed silked clothes?didn't they feel pain by killing all thoose animals?I think that there is a non-sense.by the way I've discovered that many behaviours of people,even muslims,don't reflect my Ideal of Islam,I continue asking how can I feel good in this life,if everything around me is so wrong?I've known that cigarette is haram but in every shop it's sold,I hope silk to be intended as a tissue with the sembiance of the pearl-brilliance,but something coming from the unanimated nature,because I got disappointed.am I animalist?not,but I'm wishing to be coherent,and animals like those white worms are really too innocent to be sacrified to enbeauty ourselves.
thank you very much for your suggestion:wasalam:

:salam2:

Not really sure what you are trying to say here. If you don't want to wear silk then don't. It's not required or even encouraged in Islam, it's simply permissible to women. We eat the meat of many animals and they gave their lives for it, I don't see much of a difference frankly.

If our Prophet said it is allowed then I don't think you have a right to call it nonsense.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
a thing is killing an animal to survive,another one is killing hundres of them to give beautiness.I'm not criticizing the hadiths.but in my head I feel to make this though to come out.the prophet Suliman AS was worried to see if every nants had passed before he could march(correct me if I'm wrong).there was so much respect for the living creatures,that I felt a little sad,that's all.:girl3:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

If you feel it is cruel than do not wear silk. Logic is iffy over here. Do not dwell on it. But, do not criticize sisters for wearing silk. That is the greater sin.