Making subtitles - Need help!

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

I need some good program for making subtitle to the videos.
I have tried few subtitle softwares but none of them support 'Google Transliteration' thing that I have installed in my Laptop for typing in tamil.

The softwares that support are Windows Movie maker and Windows Live movie maker.(I understand they are not subtitle makers and It is very hard to make captions there and the options are limited)

The rest of them all give out output like "????????" when i type tamil in the text box. (I tried subtitle workshop; Media Subtitler; sub magic. None works)

What should I do? I've even tried Picasa to make slides with mp3 in the background and make captions. But even there the output comes out in the form of question marks.

I need some good 'movie making software / subtitle making software' with the option of making subtitle using 'Google transliteration' software. Kindly suggest me some good ones. Your help is much appreciated. Jazakum Allahu Khyir.

helpinghumanity

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

You can use Camtasia studio.

I just checked it for tamil sub titles and it worked. This is not a free software, you need to purchase it. You can download the trial version for your needs if they are temporary.

Feel free to use my new laptop with intel core i7 for the above task as the software is installed on it, I just purchased it. :)

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
barak Allahu feekum. awesome, ma shaa Allah. is it a movie making software? whats their website address?

Also, can you please check if there is any free software available? Because i'm cannot make payment while im here and I now have lot of free time to translate. But In shaa Allah When i go back home i probably won't have much time.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
btw, thanks very much for offering your laptop... DHL yours to south china sea... those guys promise that they deliver to anywhere in the world, yeah? *smiles*

EDIT:- I visited their website. I feel it is little too much money to invest in for a beginner's project. Also it seems like there are whole bunch of other things you could do with that, while for me a simple software would do. Hope there is something else on the web.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Asslamaliekum,
Mmm... If you don't find any free vid editor then there is a workaround to this problem but I am not sure if it would work or not.
You can use GIMP or some free photomanupulation program to convert text to images i.e create a new image with transparent background > text tool> paste the text > save it as .png extension.
You can use any compositor software to combine vid images and sound then.

helpinghumanity

barak Allahu feekum. awesome, ma shaa Allah. is it a movie making software? whats their website address?

Also, can you please check if there is any free software available? Because i'm cannot make payment while im here and I now have lot of free time to translate. But In shaa Allah When i go back home i probably won't have much time.

Wa-iyyakum akhi
You can download the trial version and use it for free for 30 days. Below is the link
http://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasia/default.asp

I will ask my friends who do video editing all the time, to suggest a free video editing software.

btw, thanks very much for offering your laptop... DHL yours to south china sea... those guys promise that they deliver to anywhere in the world, yeah? *smiles*

Those days of sending the physical laptop are over. Technology is far improved. Now you can have virtual possession. Google *Remote Connection**, you will get some idea of what I was talking about.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Those days of sending the physical laptop are over. Technology is far improved. Now you can have virtual possession. Google *Remote Connection**, you will get some idea of what I was talking about.

Teamviewer is really nice in this regards, i've used it couple of times & its free aswell for non-commercial purposes.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Wa-iyyakum akhi
You can download the trial version and use it for free for 30 days. Below is the link
http://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasia/default.asp

I will ask my friends who do video editing all the time, to suggest a free video editing software.

Teamviewer is really nice in this regards, i've used it couple of times & its free aswell for non-commercial purposes.

Jazak Allahu khyir.
Thanks very much brothers. in shaa Allah i will try them and if i have anything i will ask you again.