Sexuality, race- surpose to hate ?

Marina28

Salam peeps,
I dunno hw to start, umm r we as muslims surpose to hate homosexuals/ lesbians? Also different races also? Cos I thought we as Muslims surpose b all bout peace and stuff...I have uncle that's gay am I surpose to hate him? I thought surpose to leave all the judgments for Allah. To be fair my uncle doesn't broadcast his sexuality I found out when my mum told me if she hadn't I would have known but I was I a abusive reasionship once I use to hate him so much which bad things for him I never wanted feel like that again.......I know it's a sin to act on such feeling but do I still need cast people out because of it?
It just doesn't sit right with me to hate or a race or cos there sexual preference.
Any help would be great
Salam
Marina- Hadeya

ummsami89

to hate or not to hate??

Salam sister Hedaya.. No, we are not to hate people just because they are of a different race. Islam is shown of many faces, white, black, hispanic, chinese, etc. Malcolm X found that out too when he went to Hajj. He was hating the white people as that is what Islam was presented to him at that time.
About homosexuality..I dont think that we are to hate the person because he is of that way..We hate what he is, but not who he is.. We would again, be hating soooooooooo many people, right? This is my take on it and its view in Islam. You are right, Islam is peace..Its hard, I know.. I guess we pity them too..the homosexuals. I will tell you something. ..I work in a major dept store in our town..Our town has always been pretty small and conservative.. typical midwestern town people would say.. but it is growing. We have a large University here which has over the years been very diverse in culture. Anyway, now at our store we have a drag queen working in our cosmetic counter.. It FREAKS ME OUT.. yesterday, he wore high stiletto heals, leggings, permed up his hair, etc.. A SIGHT TO BEHOLD.. what was he going for?? shock value?? At the same time, Drew has been very nice to me and respectful to me and others for as long as I have been aware of. Do I hate him cause he's like this?? I try not to .. I say hello to him when I see him, if he speaks to me, esp. Im not going to just turn my head in disgustand be rude.. .Thats not me..
Others may have other opinions of it and takes on homosexuality...but as far as I know to hate others cause they are different or doing the haraam way is wrong..just hate the act and if you can..guide them to Islam. the TRUE PATH. INSHALLAH.. hope it helped.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:my human side would tell me to stay quite,but in this situation I can't avoid to answer with my worst side of the character.homosexuals are the "cancer" of the world.they consciounsly disobeyd to Allah's Will and in the society of nowdays they are pretending to be parents of a child.they want to have the same rights of the eterosexuals.if you say them they are wrong they say to you that you're racist.they must pay in the hereafter the punioshment that Allah has deserved for them.

the cure o this illness is the sincere realisation of the sin,the repentation,the espiation of the sin through the prayer,the sadaqa,and the fast.maybe Allah will forgive them.:astag:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We have been given the Quran. In the Quran there is a specific about homosexuality. It is a sin. So we stay away from sin. You do not hate the person but you hate what they do.

Now, we are to be gentle. We are to exhibit the best of all traits. And we are to seek knowledge. When you do not have knowledge how can you hate or love.

As you grow in faith you learn to tell the difference between what Allah loves and what Allah hates. You follow what Allah loves.

As for race...does not Allah subhana wa taala tell us that He created us to show us the wonder of His Creation and the unity of His Creation. We are all equal. All of humanity has traits of beauty. What sets us apart is some are Believers and some are not. It is the love of Allah that binds us.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualykum sister...

Just to reiterate on the issue of race - NO, NO, NO we are not supposed to be racist!!! As mentioned above, members of ALL races of the world are Muslims.... There is no discrimination in Islam. We have here on this forum many different colours Alhamduilillah... As long as they are Muslim, they are our Brothers and Sisters. No man is superior to another except by faith.

And homosexuality is haraam, I wouldnt say hate them but pray for them....

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Thank you sisters ur post have really help me, side note wot does Allah hate?

Salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Dear sister, if you reed Quran and explanations of his versets, from there we can see that Allah made limits and boundries for everything that He created, the ones that push far those limits are called transgressors...without sincere repentance, punishments awaits...
But Allah loves us all, all good is from Him and all bad is what we gained, because we have a will.

16:91 Fulfill the covenant of Allah when ye have covenanted, and break not your oaths after the asseveration of them, and after ye have made Allah surety over you. Lo! Allah knoweth what ye do.

17:15 Who receiveth guidance, receiveth it for his own benefit: who goeth astray doth so to his own loss: No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another: nor would We visit with Our Wrath until We had sent an apostle (to give warning).
We pray for guidance, inchallah and this guidance can come thru prayers, pondering over Quran and intention to live accordingly with it.

:salam2:

Ershad

Thank you sisters ur post have really help me, side note wot does Allah hate?

THE MALICIOUS QUALITIES OF MANKIND ALLAH HATES

Disbelief

"Allah does not like that evil should be uttered in public except by him who has been wronged."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 4:148)

Committing Sin

"And Allah likes not the disbelievers, sinners."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 2:276)

Treachery

"Verily, Allah likes not any treacherous ingrate to Allah [those who disobey Allah but obey Satan]."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 22:38)

Oppression

"Verily, He likes not the Thalimun (oppressors, polytheists, and wrongdoers)."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 42:40)

Corruption

"And Allah likes not mischief."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 2:205)

Transgression

"Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors.[This verse is the first one that was revealed in connection with jihad, but it was abrogated by another (9:36)]."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 2:190)

Betrayal

"Verily, Allah does not like anyone who is a betrayer, a sinner."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 4:107)

Publicity of Evil

"Allah does not like that evil should be uttered in public except by him who has been wronged. And Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Knower."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 4:148)

Self-Deceit and Betrayal

"Allah does not like anyone who is a betrayer, a sinner."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 4:107)

Boasting and Arrogance

"Verily, Allah likes not any arrogant boaster."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 31:18)

Exultance for Worldly Desires

"Verily, Allah likes not those who exult (with riches, being ungrateful to Allah)."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 28:76)

Extravagance

"Certainly He (Allah) likes not the extravagant."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 7:31)

Not smiling when meeting people

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:"Allah hates the one who does not smile at others and looks uncheerful." (Dailami)

Obscene words and acts

Ahmed narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:"Allah hates obscene words and acts."

Prodigality and Excess

Dailami narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:"Allah hates those who practice extravagance and feel exultant."

Insisting when begging Abu Na'im narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:"Allah hates the insistant beggar."

Injustice, Ignorance, and Arrogance

Al-Tabarani narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:"Allah hates, the unfair rich, the ignorant elderly and the arrogant guardian."

The remedy for all these diseases is the love of Allah Almighty, His Messenger (peace be upon him) and the Pleasures of the Hereafter. Allah's love has many fruits and positive consequences, namely, Allah gives whoever loves contentment and satisfaction and this is one of the graces of Allah in this world. Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

" If Allah loves someone He calls Gabriel (the angel) and says: I love so-and-so, so you love him. Gabriel loves him, and calls the other angels in Heaven to love that person. They love him, then his love will be made upon earth, and he becomes loved. And if Allah hates someone He calls Gabriel and says: I hate so-and-so and you hate him. Gabriel hates him and calls the angels in Heaven and says: Allah hates so-and-so, so you all hate him. They all hate him, and his hatred is made upon earth and he becomes hated." (Muslim)

Source:
http://abdurrahman.org/character/qualitiesallahhates.html

And

SOME OF THE HUMAN QUALITIES ALLAH ALMIGHTY LOVES​

"Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah, then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic monotheism, follow the Qur'an and the Sunna), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 3:31)

Patience

"And Allah loves as-Sabirun (the patient)."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 3:146)

Jihad in the Way of Allah

"Verily, Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in rows (ranks) as if they were as solid structure."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 61:4)

Justice and Dealing with Equity

"Be just: that is nearer to piety; and fear Allah."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 5:8)

Putting Trust in Allah

"Certainly, Allay loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 3:159)

Perfection of One's Work

The Messenger :saw2: said: "Allah loves that if one does a job he perfects it."

Rescuing

Abu Ya ‘la Dailami and Ibn Asakir narrated: Abu Hurairah and Anas Ibn Malik said: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Allah loves rescuing the one who needs rescue."

Being Kind and Gentle to Others

Baihaqani narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Allah is kind and gentle (to others)"

Kindliness

"Aisha narrated: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Allah loves kindliness in all matters." Bukhari

Repentance

"Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto him in repentance."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 2:222)

Piety

"Verily, then Allah loves those who are al-Muttaqun (the pious)."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 3:76)

Good-doing

"Truly, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers)."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 2:195)

Body Purification

"And Allah loves those who make themselves clean and pure [ i.e. who clean their private parts with dust (which has the properties of soap) and water from urine and stools, after answering the call of nature]."
(Qur'an: Translation of the meaning, 9:108)

Humility of the Rich

Muslim narrated: Sa'd Ibn Abi Waqqas said: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Allah loves the believer who is pious and rich, but does not show off."

Belief and work

Al-Tabarani narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Allah loves the slave who believes and acquires a career (or work)."

Reflection of Allah's Grace

Al-Tirmidhi narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Allah loves from amongst his slaves, the one who has a sense of zeal or honor."

Magnanimity

Al-Hakim narrated: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Allah is All-Generous and He loves generosity in sale, purchase and judgment."

Virtuosity

The Messenger of Allah r said: " Allah loves the slave-believer who is poor but virtuous enough to refrain from begging though he has many children." (Muslim and Ahmed)

Loftiness

Al-Tabarani narrated: the Messenger of Allah r said: "Allah loves lofty matters and superiority and hates inferior matters."

Justice

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Allah loves that you be just toward your children even when kissing them." Ibn Al-Najjar

Strength

Muslim narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "The strong believer is better and more loved by Allah than the weak one, but they are both good."

Love for the Sake of Allah

Al-Tabarani, Ibn Ya'la, Ibn Hibban and Al-Hakim narratd: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "If two men love each other for the sake of Allah, the stronger in love to his brother will be more loved by Allah."

Forgiveness

Ibn Iday narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Allah is All-Forgiving and He loves forgiveness."

Continuous Performance of Righteous Deeds

Bukhari and Muslim narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "The best loved deeds to Allah are the ones that are continuous even if they are not very many."

Loving and Visiting Believers

Malik narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Allah said: My love is due to those who meet for My sake, visit one another and make any effort for My pleasure."

Exhortation and Advising

Abdullah, the son of Imam Ahmed narrated: It was said: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "The best loved slaves to Allah are those who exhort their slaves."

Love of Virtuous Deeds

Ibn Abi Al-Dunya narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "The best loved slaves to Allah are those who are made to love virtue and loving virtuous deeds is made lovely to them."

Good Manners and Conduct

Al-Tirmidhi narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "The best loved by me and the nearest to me on the seats on the Day of Resurrection are those who have the best manners and conduct amongst you, who are intimate, are on good terms with others and are humble, and the most hated by me and who will be on the furthest seats from me are those who are talkative and arrogant."

Love of Allah is the basis of worship that should be directed to Him alone. Any other love should be for his sake too. The real love of Allah is to do whatever He ordained and to abandon whatever He forbade, in addition to following the Prophet's Sunna.

Whoever obeys someone or something other than Allah and His Messenger, on follows any saying other than theirs, or fears other than Allah or seeks the pleasure of other than Allah, or puts his trust in other than Him, does not love Allah, nor does he love His Messenger. Muslims should also love one another and wish the best for one another. Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

"One will not be a true believer unless he loves for his brother what be loves for himself." (Bukhari, Muslim, Nasa'i, Ahmed and Ibn Majah)

Imam Malik and Imam Ahmed narrated: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Allah said: My love is due to those who love one another for My sake."

Source:
http://abdurrahman.org/character/qualitiesallahloves.html