how will we handle this???

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmathullah......

hoping evry1 are in good state of imaan, taqwa n health......

well, i have a question.......ya this is fiqh related..

What is to be done if a person realize in the middle of the prayer that he was having "Chewing gum" in his mouth?? (note: there is no tissue or such stuffs around)

I knw itz kinda foolish question :p........bt wanted to knw de answer from the light of Quran n sunnah......

hoping sum1 can find me an accurate answer ........inshaallah :)

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualykum,

From IslamQA

What is the ruling on having gum in the roof of one’s mouth when praying? Does this invalidate prayer?

Praise be to Allaah.

Every Muslim must fear Allaah and show respect towards Him. When he stands in prayer before Allaah, he must stand in a manner of humility and submission to Allaah, keeping far away from everything that may corrupt or invalidate his prayer, distract his mind, or keep him from focusing on the prayer. He must avoid anything that goes against respect and good manners.

For a worshipper to have chewing gum in his mouth is undoubtedly incompatible with fear and respect of Allaah, and with humility before Him. It causes a lot of movement in the mouth.

With regard to the ruling on having chewing gum in one’s mouth when praying:

Ibn Qudaamah said: If he has anything in his mouth that can dissolve, such as sugar, and any part of it dissolves, and he swallows it, then his prayer is invalidated, because he has eaten.

(al-Mughni, part 1, p. 400)

According to the Hanafis, Maaliks and Hanbalis, it is also makrooh to put anything in his mouth even if that does not prevent him from reciting, because that distracts his mind. The Hanafis stated that if this thing does not dissolve then it is makrooh; if it does dissolve, such as sugar in his mouth, then this invalidates his prayer if he swallows it after it has dissolved.

(al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, part 27, p. 117)

And they stated that if he has sugar in his mouth, and it dissolves and he swallows it deliberately, knowing that that is forbidden, or because he did not make any effort to learn, then his prayer is invalid. They also stated that his prayer becomes invalid if he chews it, if it is a lot, even if nothing reaches his stomach.

Al-Majd said: if he brings out something substantial that is between his teeth and swallows it, then his prayer becomes invalid in our view. They stated that swallowing something that has dissolved, such as sugar, is like eating.

Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, part 27, p. 125

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

So I suppose, there may be an obligation to make the movement of removing the gum from ones mouth....

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
I also have one question :

What if you suddenly remember during your salaah that there is an image in the room... is there an obligation to break salaah or remove the image and repeat salah?

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Here is another....

Is it permissible to leave gum in the mouth during prayer without chewing it?.
Praise be to Allaah.

A person should focus fully on his prayer and have proper presence of mind, and remember that he is conversing with his Lord, as al-Bukhaari (405) and Muslim (551) narrated from Anas ibn Maalik that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw some sputum in the qiblah (of the mosque) and that upset him so much that it could be seen on his face. He scratched it with his hand then he said: “When one of you stands to pray, he is conversing with his Lord, or his Lord is between him and the qiblah, so you should not spit in the direction of the qiblah, rather to your left or beneath your feet.” Then he took the edge of his garment and spat in it, then rubbed part of it against another part, and he said: “Or do like this.”

Leaving gum in the mouth at the very least is contrary to the etiquette of standing before Allaah, may He be exalted, and it may prevent one from reciting properly, or distract the worshipper. If he chews it or if some of it dissolves, then his prayer is invalidated.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Majmoo’ (4/23): al-Baghawi and others said: Chewing alone invalidates the prayer, even if nothing reaches the stomach, and if a person chews mastic, his prayer is invalidated. If he does not chew it, rather he puts it in his mouth, then if it is new and dissolves it is like sugar and his prayer is invalidated according to the correct view, but if it is used and it does not dissolve, then it does not invalidate his prayer, just as if he held a pebble or a pear in his mouth, it dos not invalidate his prayer. End quote.

And Allaah knows best.

Asif1

Banned
Salam Sister,
For whatever I've learned so far, I would say that if the image is in front and Distracting your Salah then you would break and repeat it but if the image is elsewhere then you should complete your salah and then remove it as ALLAH [swt] knows the intentions and everything we do.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Ma'Salam

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Asalamualykum,

From IslamQA

So I suppose, there may be an obligation to make the movement of removing the gum from ones mouth....

jazakallhu khairan sis,

bt wat if one forgot of having chewing gum in mouth and started the prayer.....so in that case can he continue d prayer by nt chewing it or shuld he discontinue??

Thauban

What is to be done if a person realize in the middle of the prayer that he was having "Chewing gum" in his mouth?? (note: there is no tissue or such stuffs around)

I knw itz kinda foolish question :p........bt wanted to knw de answer from the light of Quran n sunnah......

DO THIS!

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet saw expectoration (on the wall of the mosque) in the direction of the Qibla and scraped it off with his hand. It seemed that he disliked it and the sign of disgust was apparent from his face. He said, "If anyone of you stands for the prayer, he is speaking in private to his Lord, (or) his Lord is between him and his Qibla, therefore he should not spit towards his Qibla, but he could spit either on his left or under his foot." Then he took the corner of his sheet and spat in it, folded it and said, "Or do this."

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 417
In-book reference: Book 8, Hadith 67
English translation: Vol. 1, Book 8, Hadith 409

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Assalam alaikum wa rahmathullah.....

Bt here in this hadeeths it talks abt phlegm, mucus or something
Which can b washed off afterwrds...... So here u mean to stuck the chewing-gum on our clothes??
Doesn't dat sound awakward bro??

Thauban

Assalam alaikum wa rahmathullah.....

Bt here in this hadeeths it talks abt phlegm, mucus or something
Which can b washed off afterwrds...... So here u mean to stuck the chewing-gum on our clothes??
Doesn't dat sound awakward bro??

Not awkward at all sis, even if you can't wash it off afterwards, it's bette to discard your clothes than talk to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala disrepectfully with a chewing gum in your mouth. :)

strive-may-i

:wasalam:
Valid Question. So in middle of salaat one realized, then has to Step out spit it, wash mouth come back Redo the Salaat, if one of the below 3 happens
1. Aroma from chewing gum in mouth is spreading, taste buds sense them or saliva is mixing with it and reaching the throat.
2. The chewing gum in mouth if not slipped to gap between the teeth and cheeks, is obstructing recitation.
3. From moment of realization the mind is diverted from salaat to chewing gum in the mouth

Thats technical, but best course is to repeat the salaat. and never repeat this. This is from what I have learnt.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
jazzakallahu khairan brothers...........

got lot of answers...alhamdulilla........
Repating the salah after realizing it ........dis sounds good to me........

nywayz thnx everybody :)

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Jazzakallahu khairan bro,
Well i hav askd d sheikh ...... Inshaallah letz c wat he replies :)

Assalam alaikum.....

hey dis is wat sheikh replied......

"He should take it out. If he is unable to do that, he should keep it in his mouth without chewing it"

May b we all can choose this....inshaallah...

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

Why do you write "dis" and "d" instead of the real word? It seems like a lot of effort to purposely (and consistently) use poor grammar and spelling in an effort to "look cool." Please refrain from writing in slang on this forum as we have numerous readers who either are multilingual or searching here about Islam. Both require clarity when reading these posts.

Muslims need to put their best foot forward and I don't want people not taking you seriously due to slang grammar. Now this doesn't apply to honest spelling errors and poor grammar (usually when the person is still learning grammar or is not a native speaker) but has more to do with the purposeful misspelling and poor grammar to appear "hip."

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram

Why do you write "dis" and "d" instead of the real word? It seems like a lot of effort to purposely (and consistently) use poor grammar and spelling in an effort to "look cool." Please refrain from writing in slang on this forum as we have numerous readers who either are multilingual or searching here about Islam. Both require clarity when reading these posts.

Muslims need to put their best foot forward and I don't want people not taking you seriously due to slang grammar. Now this doesn't apply to honest spelling errors and poor grammar (usually when the person is still learning grammar or is not a native speaker) but has more to do with the purposeful misspelling and poor grammar to appear "hip."

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

i agree totally, alhamdullilah for speeking about this issues, i dont understand the need to write intentionally with spelling errors, especially when discussing serious issues publicly.

Hadrat Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) said, "The Holy Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) had the best manners among all the human beings" (Bukhari and Muslim)

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Wa alaikum as salam wa rahmathullahi wa barakathu

Oh well... I didn't ever thing that you sisters would take it as a big issue but jazzakallah khairan for your advice
i too understood the importance of it.

But to tell u sister's that wasn't purposefully or to be cool or whatever you mentioned. It just comes out like that since im used to it and not intentionally and i was more comfortable with such type of writing but well you were right its not good to use such a styles in a public forum. Well i realize it now
Alhamdulilla :)
So,no worries i can change it inshaallah but only thing i will take time in posting......... You know nah habits cannot be changed easily so it takes time :)

I really apologize if anyone felt difficult in reading my posts just because of my writing

May Allah forgive all our shortcomings and guide us to the straight path.... Ameen ya rabb as samawath wal ard

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

It is imperative to be polite. Outside of being polite once in a while it is good to use street language. It always works its way into the formal language.

Sometimes the usage of street is bothersome to me. However, when one needs to insert a couple of colorful words it is ok. The best of writers do it.

Let us not get too holier than thou.