Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

In cause of other thread (FOODS!):

garlic-bread.jpg

1 loaf of Italian bread or French bread
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 large cloves of garlic, smashed and minced
1 heaping tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

1 Preheat oven to 350°F/175C.

2 Cut the bread in half, horizontally. Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley together in a small bowl. Spread butter mixture over the the two bread halves. Place on a sturdy baking pan (one that can handle high temperatures, not a cookie sheet) and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.

3 Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over bread if you want. Return to oven on the highest rack. Broil on high heat for 2-3 minutes until the edges of the bread begin to toast and the cheese (if you are using cheese) bubbles. Watch very carefully while broiling. The bread can easily go from un-toasted to burnt.

4 Remove from oven, let cool a minute. Remove from pan and make 1-inch thick slices. Serve immediately.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Garlic bread...luvvv it!

Though
i like the simple version
but this recipe too hard to resist.

Thanks for sharing
sis.
:jazaak:

~Wassalam :)

John Smith

I have been told to avoid Garlic Bread because its bad for your cholesterol? any truth to it as im missing out :(

John Smith

Maybe you could try bread made by whole grain and use olive oil instead of butter (or oil and butter together)?

Yep! i have started wholemeal breads and olive spreads & oil.

I love eating the bread with Pitted olives and feta cheese.

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
As-salaamu'alaykum
This has me droolingggggggg!

This is exactly how I make garlic bread. Sometimes I substitute parsley with chives :)

strive-may-i

I have been told to avoid Garlic Bread because its bad for your cholesterol? any truth to it as im missing out :(

Garlic clove taken regularly is known to reduce the overall Cholesterol. And I recollect reading , but not the bad cholesterol significantly.

Garlic Bread, I saw the ingredients that goes to make it. lol, its the carbohydrate, cheese bread. Too much of food is too bad, they say, Brother!

Now run or well walk to the stores, instead. Our body is a good fuel store too :)