What do I do about a seemingly random request for my location from the opposite gender?

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
I few days ago I received a private message from some sister on the site (who will remain unnamed) that asked me for my location. I thought this was weird because I'd never seen her here or any of her posts. At the time I saw that she just joined and had a grand total of one post.

I asked why and she said "No reason just wondering." Clearly this is spam or otherwise some ulterior motive. But I wonder why people would even do something so strange? What do they want, a wired money transfer from some stranger? She never said anything more.

MeGladder

I think you should ask them directly about this. This can help to clarify any misunderstandings. And yes, you should not give any personal information such as your location IMO.

If they keep on disturbing, either report them to admin or ignore them.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Please report the PM to the moderators. You can do this by going to that particular PM and clicking the icon in the red box as seen in the picture below. You will find this icon at the bottom left of the PM.

save.jpg

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Please report the PM to the moderators. You can do this by going to that particular PM and clicking the icon in the red box as seen in the picture below. You will find this icon at the bottom left of the PM.

155p5cg.jpg

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaykum,

yea I'd probably report the person or just ignore. I got one of those awhile back, and I just ignored it. If it comes a huge issue like BrotherInIslam7 said, just report it to the mods! It is that easy iA.