Non Muslim thinking about taking Shadaha

Portia

Assalamu Alaikum, My name is Portia,

I am thinking about taking my shahada inshallah, and found this website! I am nervous because I am a 18yrs old and living on campus for my 2nd year of college. I am worried on how people will percieve me, I know Allah is the only ONE who can judge me, but I get nervous when in public.

Some questions I have is, is it fine if I do not start of wearing a Hijab? I want to take it step by step. But if I do change my mind do I have to wear my Hijab every single day? There are non-hijaby women?

I am learning Salah, inshallah, and I am very excited and nervous at the same time! Inshallah that my brothers and sisters on this website will help guide as well as Allah.

Wa Alaikum Assalam

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Thats definitely a good news! :)
Don't get nervous & don't fear people.

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,[ Quran 2:155]

Those to whom hypocrites said, "Indeed, the people have gathered against you, so fear them." But it [merely] increased them in faith, and they said, "Sufficient for us is Allah , and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs."[Quran 3:173]

....Say, "Sufficient for me is Allah ; upon Him [alone] rely the [wise] reliers."[Quran 39:38]

[video=youtube;q-N7igQGDCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-N7igQGDCI[/video]​

I don't know about your hijab question though since it might depend on our situation. Maybe someone else can help you out inshallah.
Please keep visiting and surround yourself in company of good practicing Muslim sisters so they may give some practical advises from time to time.

May Allah (swt) guide you to straight path.

P.S and when you do take your shahada plz do return and share your experience. :)
Best of luck.

a_stranger

You are most welcome dear young sister, this is the most beautiful thing : your intention to say shahada ......I think the first think you should do after shahada is to learn how to pray . Prayer : salah is the most important pillar of Islam . Try to find a good muslem sister to be with her , if you don't have then try to come to this site more often to learn and practice Islam step by step. Allah bless you my dear.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

There are lots of revert sisters come to this site.

They will be able to share their experiences of reverting to islam with you, God Willing.

Shytan is afraid of loosing you, and he is putting these thoughts in your mind.

Fear Allah and not any one else.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Welcome to the website sister.

You have made intention for making shahadah in this blessed month masha'Allah,may Allah bless you in that.Ameen.
Sister,as my brother and sisters have said that you should take it step by step in sha' Allah in order to gradually learn.
Sister Islam is the way of life which frees us from being people conscious and makes us God conscious alone,so in sha' Allah place trust in Allah and He will deliver you from all these fears,as my brother ItqanUllah quoted beautiful verses of Surah Ali Imran.
Also I would like to share one of my favourite verses from verses of tranquility with you in sha' Allah;

He it is Who sent down As-Sakinah (calmness and tranquillity) into the hearts of the believers, that they may grow more in Faith along with their (present) Faith. And to Allâh belong the hosts of the heavens and the earth, and Allâh is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise. (48:4)

About Hijaab you can ask a scholar, www.assimalhakeem.net/contact

You should first try to go through small steps,after taking shahadah like doing what is compulsory,the pillars of Islam and know about articles of iman(faith).

Pillars of Islam

MeGladder

I am thinking about taking my shahada inshallah, and found this website! I am nervous because I am a 18yrs old and living on campus for my 2nd year of college. I am worried on how people will percieve me, I know Allah is the only ONE who can judge me, but I get nervous when in public.

Some questions I have is, is it fine if I do not start of wearing a Hijab? I want to take it step by step. But if I do change my mind do I have to wear my Hijab every single day? There are non-hijaby women?

I am learning Salah, inshallah, and I am very excited and nervous at the same time! Inshallah that my brothers and sisters on this website will help guide as well as Allah.

Wa Alaikum Assalam

Wa `alaykumu s-salām, sister Portia.

No need to be nervous. Allah is there for you to help all the time.

As for hijab, that's obligatory for all Muslim women to wear infront of non-Mahram men. Those who do not wear are earning some sins. But that does not mean they will go to hell forever. As you are new to Islam, try to take it step by step. Islam was taught and practiced step by step during Prophet (Sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam)'s time. First and foremost you should try to learn to pray and connect yourself with Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala). That's very important after the Sahada. No need to rush yourself.

And please let us know about your progression. I am really excited. :]

AneesaSofia

Wa Alaikum Assalam

I don't have all the complete answers to your questions but I will speak from my own experience about having to wear the Hijab after taking my Shahada. At first I did not wear it and knew that it would have to be in my heart to find to wear it. After I decided that it is important to wear, I will never take it off. If people have a problem with it then that is their problem because I know I am wearing it for the sake of Allah, it provides me with modesty and dignity. If you are worried about what friends will say, don't worry because your true friends will support you on your decision. Just remember the only person who matters about how they perceive you is Allah. When you get nervous in public just remember it gets better and in time the looks that you see people give you will just be looks and you know the real reason why. I hope this helps and good luck to you on your journey.
Salam

ebubekirozkan01

salaams from Turkey :) really glad to hear some one is gonna take shahada inshaallah. anyway. take shahada quickly.and others u do by passage of time :)