Nearly there!

changedgirl07

As Salam Alaikum!

I am going to the Masjid on Saturday to finally say my Shaddah. I am so excited :)
but, what I was wondering can anyone direct me to somewhere that I can download the 5 daily prayers as MP3 so I can learn? And maybe a PDF document with easy translations?
I'd love to learn Salah as soon as possible or at least practise.
I am giving the correct intention.

Yousra :)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa 'alaikumassalam WaRahmatullah,

Masha'Allah sister very nice decision may Allah bless you in that.Ameen.
You must acquaint yourself with five pillars of Islam:
1)Shahada(testimony of faith)
2)Salah(5 daily compulsory prayers)
3)Sawm(Fasting in the month of Ramadan...yay Ramadan is coming soon! : D )
4)Zakat(poor due given to the needy ,compulsory for the one is capable of giving it)
5)Hajj(pilgrimage to Makkah ,for those who possess financial and /or physical ability)

Also you must acquaint yourself with six articles of faith:

1) To believe in Allah .
2) To believe in messengers and prophets sent by Allah,like Noah,Abraham,Moses,Jesus(peace be upon them all) and Muhammad(alihissalatu wassalam).
3) To believe in the books Allah revealed Torah,Injeel(Given to 'Isa Masih son of Mary(peace be upon him),Zabur(given to David(peace be upon him)) and Qur'an.
4) To believe in the angels of Allah,like Gabriel, Michael,Israfeel(peace be upon them all).
5) To believe in the last day(al akhirah) when everyone will be ressurected and judged.
6) To believe in Qada wal Qadr(divine preordainment and divine decree):To believe that nothing befalls us but it was preordained by Allah and could not have missed and if it misses ,it was not preordained by Allah and could not have befallen us.

You can visit this link in sha' Allah,it contains lectures relating to almost every requirement of salah and >> Salah(audio)
You can also learn a few of the ayahs and Surah of Qur'an here.
My suggestion to you that you memorise first chapter of Qur'an Surah Al Fatihah(The opening) first so that you can offer salah here>> Surah Al Fatihah

Then you can move onto shorter Surah to read along with Surah Al Fatihah in your salah,from the above site.

sabs1164

AmatuLLaH
As-salaamu alaikum

im happy for you. im a revert for 2 yrs now studyin Aalimah course ALHAMDULILLAH.If you want to ask any private questions, feel free to pm me.
WAS-SALAAM

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Waliekumasslam. :)
It brings me extreme joy and happiness to read your thread and see you so enthusiastic to learn salah. May Allah (swt) make your path to paradise easy for you. Please do Inform us when you take your shahada and how it went, we would be very happy to read it.

muhammad sabri

:salam2:

My dear sister i feel so happy and i'm so glad :) God-willing you'll find the best of blessings by worshipping the one and sole creator of this whole balanced and harmonic creation, so i little help i will give is tis:

a simple video that explains the basis of prayer even tho i'm sure that the brothers and sisters in your local masjid will be really open and well ready to help you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKblG-Zoagk

i pray to the only one God: Allah that He may bestow you with His Light, source of peace, love, inspiration and justice Nur-ullah, The Light of Allah :)

:wasalam: -Peace

changedgirl07

I completely forgot about my post! (I need to switch on notifications!) I said my Shahadah on Saturday. It was amazing - the best feeling I've ever had. I've been learning my Prayer in Arabic every day and making brilliant progress Subhan'Allah!

Thanks for your replies and I shall be on here more often insha'Allah :)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
I completely forgot about my post! (I need to switch on notifications!) I said my Shahadah on Saturday. It was amazing - the best feeling I've ever had. I've been learning my Prayer in Arabic every day and making brilliant progress Subhan'Allah!

Assalamu 'alaikum
Allahu Akbar!!!
Welcome to Islam sister!May Allah keep you steadfast and firm on His way and all of us.Ameen
Alhamdulillah that you are making progress masha'Allah!
Make du'a for us too.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

may Allah reward you with jannah, the paradise. may Allah make it easy for you.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!

Asslamaliekum warahmatullahi wabarakatu,
Subhanallah, so Gooooooood news!!!!
May Allah (swt) make you path to paradise easy for you and always keep you on straight path. :)
Try this: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70878

Portia

Assalmu Alaikum!

I am very happy you are taking your shahada. Alhamdulilah!! I am thinking about taking my Shahada on Saturday, Inshallah! I am also learning Salah and found this website,Mashallah,=. http://www.howdoipray.com/howdoipray/Home/

Also if you have an iphone, or adriod try the apps. Simple Salah Guide or 3d Salah guide! and also another app that will alert you when it is time to pray and break fast called Athan! and a book called I am a New Muslim, What Does New Muslim Need to Learn? which explain wudhu, salah, five pillars and six articles of faith very well!

Hope this help! Inshallah

MeGladder

:sl:

Mabrook sister!!! Thank you for letting us know. These revert/convert stories are very inspiring.....

serena77

MABROOK sister !!!
i remember when i took my shahada back in dec and it was so wonderful.. May Allah (swt) bless you and guide you down the right path always dear sister.
May Allah (swt) guide your path to Jannah ..
i'm sure if you have any questions anyone here will be glad to help you ... and you as well Portia as well as anyone else with questions.
Serena