Why are we so silent?

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:salam2:

One of the biggest criticisms from people who are against Islam is our collective silence when it comes issues such as terrorism, murders and other serious socio-political issues. My question is why?

Why don't we speak out and repudiate the actions of those that march with their guns and hatred under the flag of Islam? I'm not saying everyone is silent. Absolutely not; some are quite vocal. But too many of us refuse to speak up and it looks like everyone is in passive agreement with all the things that go on in the world.

These are just some of the things that I have read recently in the news:
-In Mali, a group of Islamist Militants stoned a man and woman to death for supposedly committing adultery.
-In Afghanistan, a woman was shot 9 times by a group of men in a public execution, also accused of adultery (it takes two people to commit adultery, yet no man was ever punished in this situation).
-(I'm sure you've all heard this one) A girl named Aesha had her face butchered by members of the Taliban for fleeing her abusive in-laws.

Most of the anger for these murders/assaults comes from Westerners, instead of us. Where is our public outcry for these issues? Why don't we say anything?

At the same time, we complain that we're always being victimized by being associated with these heinous acts. If we never speak up, we're going to continue to be labeled terrorists, misogynists and who knows what else.

We should exemplify the characteristics of mercy, love and forgiveness that we associate with the our Beloved Prophet (PBUH). And when someone wants to be violent and hateful, we should be loud in saying that what they do is wrong. So why are we so silent?

a_stranger

I think that before saying anything we should know who have done such crimes for sure, the one who is responsible should be blamed not the whole community .........we should know the truth of such acts first . There is black sheep among any people.

PeacefulHumanity

We can always wait to find out about the individuals involved, but we can condemn the actions themselves right now. No matter who was responsible, certain behaviors can not be condoned, yet we are so passive that even when we find the people behind the acts it doesn't matter. Everyone thinks we're okay with it because we never said anything when the events themselves came to light.

xAllahKnowsBestx

We would have to constantly be on the defense when a group of people do something unIslamic.

We can't even help ourselves to stand up against the kuffaar who are murdering our brothers and sisters, then how can we expect ourselves to stand up against these people..

Idris16

It is kuffar who released atomic bombs, invaded iraq and afghanistan. They tricked the Soviet into invading Afghanistan, more than a million Muslims were killed. They put a Zionist state in Palestine. These filthy kuffar have done so much harm that you expect us to condemn what happens in Muslim countries? Be a man and stand with two legs instead of only one leg.

If you even read the hadiths of stoning you will understand that the Prophet :saw: didn't tell the man or woman to bring the person they made zina with. And if you read the hadith about the man who had intercourse with his wife while fasting, he was told to fast two months consecutively (becauser he broke his fast by intercourse) without being told to bring his wife. This is the ease of Islaam, let the people admit if they want, but if the people do not want to admit their sin that constitutes Hadd we leave them alone, Alhamdulillah.

Filthy Kuffaar. Shame on those who love the Kuffaar and wants to be their ally.

Astrugglingsoul

Brother you will have so many different opionions on this topic, but isn't it true that we Muslims are silent on almost every single issue? Tell me a situation on which the Muslim world acted together and another thing that bothers me is that whenever we see a post or news about something like what you mentioned ( Mali and others), there are people who automatically start to reject it because this news was broadcasted on CNN or BBC and those are news agencies of kuffar, like wow, so we not only don't speak but also reject almost everything.

And what about Syria? what did the Arabs do in this case? The seed of revolution which started 17 months ago now has become nothing but mass killing and surprisingly both Assads and rovlutionaries are murdering people ruthlessly in the month of Ramadan.

Well, there is your reason, the Muslims living in the west are too afraid to speak up, the Arabs are too lazy/ not interested to agree upon and the Asians are limited to protesting where they burn flags and effigies.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
I don't blame the Syrian rebels for their actions. In fact, I applaud them. First off, there are many videos where they give Assad's men a chance to redeem themselves. In other videos, they show merciless executions to publicly known loyalists of Assad. For instance, the Berri clan in Aleppo had a long history of corruption, drug deals, arms deals, rape and torture. Imagine the relief a mother now has knowing the wicked gangsters who raped her daughter and killed her son are now no more.

Praise Allah for Justice!

Back to the original topic. I admit it is very sad to see a sister being brutally punished for her personal sins. But imagine what would happen if every adulterer is spared. Knowing that no harm can be done to them, they'll more likely commit the same crime again. On top of that, they could possibly influence the younger generations.

TRUE STORY: A humble man who works as a street cleaner leaves to work around 4am. Men then come over to his home and do evil with his wife and pay her money. She has young daughters and sons. Imagine the lives she ruined because of her actions. Only Allah knows the outcome of her children, but don't you think her sons will grow up to think that its ok to commit such sins? What if those same young boys grow up and attack our daughters or sisters?

xAllahKnowsBestx

I think the Free Syrian Army men are some of the bravest men out there.. especially in times like these, when the rest of the world is silent.

karu-89

One of the biggest criticisms from people who are against Islam is our collective silence when it comes issues such as terrorism, murders and other serious socio-political issues. My question is why?

Why don't we speak out and repudiate the actions of those that march with their guns and hatred under the flag of Islam? I'm not saying everyone is silent. Absolutely not; some are quite vocal. But too many of us refuse to speak up and it looks like everyone is in passive agreement with all the things that go on in the world.

These are just some of the things that I have read recently in the news:
-In Mali, a group of Islamist Militants stoned a man and woman to death for supposedly committing adultery.
-In Afghanistan, a woman was shot 9 times by a group of men in a public execution, also accused of adultery (it takes two people to commit adultery, yet no man was ever punished in this situation).
-(I'm sure you've all heard this one) A girl named Aesha had her face butchered by members of the Taliban for fleeing her abusive in-laws.

Most of the anger for these murders/assaults comes from Westerners, instead of us. Where is our public outcry for these issues? Why don't we say anything?

At the same time, we complain that we're always being victimized by being associated with these heinous acts. If we never speak up, we're going to continue to be labeled terrorists, misogynists and who knows what else.

We should exemplify the characteristics of mercy, love and forgiveness that we associate with the our Beloved Prophet (PBUH). And when someone wants to be violent and hateful, we should be loud in saying that what they do is wrong. So why are we so silent?

hmm ok so u do talk about the "crimes" of Taliban .. what about the crimes of our very dear Uncle Sam ? the toture of Muslim ladies in the prison .. i suggest u watch the video called Letter from Sister Fatima.. if this is the right name she tells of how a lady there out of sheer fear of being raped constantly each day smashed her head on the wall and this is just one woman Allah S.W.T knows how many more are being tortured then the Drones that are being used on the Tribal areas of Pakistan .. and we all know about the Desecration of the Quran and also the bodies of a few Taliban Soldiers at the hands of the Pigs of U.S i think those who are fighting such devils cant be terrorists .. and also these stories are not new in a statement Dr. Zakir Naik said that one of the videos in which "Taliban" was wiping women was fake why because the person who was wiping was wearing the Turban exactly the opposite to how Taliban wears them

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
To PeacefulHumanity, we're NOT silent. Muslim organizations spend hours and hours issuing press releases stating that such actions have nothing to do with Islam; Muslim activists go around to rallies and protests defending Islam and disowning cultural practice as any part of it; right down to average Muslims who make it a point to do dawah to their neighbors.

I myself have done all the above and I know countless others who have as well. Therefore I truly believe that those who think that we just sit back and twiddle our thumbs nervously most likely do not read newspapers, watch tv, or surf the internet because those are the places the condemnations are the loudest.

Do we make EVERY SINGLE newspaper, tv channel, or website? Of course not.

But we do what we can and truth be told, we've done it enough times for people to open their eyes and think for themselves. We've done it enough times and loudly enough so that people should not look to us to explain each and every atrocity done in our name. If I screamed one day about a girl being killed in an honor killing by her parents, people should be smart enough to assume I'm not exactly going to be thrilled if it happens again to another girl. We should not constantly have to explain ourselves to every single human being on this planet. We're doing what we can and I do believe we're doing alot.

But it is not humanly possible to grab every single venue.

hmm ok so u do talk about the "crimes" of Taliban .. what about the crimes of our very dear Uncle Sam ? the toture of Muslim ladies in the prison .. i suggest u watch the video called Letter from Sister Fatima.. if this is the right name she tells of how a lady there out of sheer fear of being raped constantly each day smashed her head on the wall and this is just one woman Allah S.W.T knows how many more are being tortured then the Drones that are being used on the Tribal areas of Pakistan .. and we all know about the Desecration of the Quran and also the bodies of a few Taliban Soldiers at the hands of the Pigs of U.S i think those who are fighting such devils cant be terrorists .. and also these stories are not new in a statement Dr. Zakir Naik said that one of the videos in which "Taliban" was wiping women was fake why because the person who was wiping was wearing the Turban exactly the opposite to how Taliban wears them

Such arguments are baseless. Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala will not ask you about their actions; He will ask you about yours. It's one thing to do these in self-defense but it's an entirely different matter to murder innocents simply because another group of innocents were murdered. I really am tired of reading such arguments because it just shows that people are not willing to stop and think. We do not handle it in the way Our Creator ordered us to.

Let the kuffar raise the banner of oppression. Why are the Muslims doing the same? Do we want to share Jahannam with them?

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmathullaahi wabarakaatuh.

It takes Strength, effort, vision. In short Leadership, which can ponder and act on ...

“Ye are the best of peoples, risen up for mankind, commanding what is right, forbidding what is evil, and believing in Allah… ”
[Qur’an, 3:110]

“Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! thy Lord is Best Aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is Best Aware of those who go aright.”
[ Qur'an 16:125]

“The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend.” [Qur'an 41:34]

“ O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah and be just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Well-Acquainted with what you do.” [Qur'an 5:8 ]

[There are more... ]

The struggle between Good and Evil is a constant effort both for each of us and for society. Thats the human story, is it not?

Shak78

In my humble opinion, many fellow brothers and sisters do not believe the news sources that these stories come from and thus dismiss it. Many say Muslims wouldn't do this, it must be the act of the Kuffir and thus are silent. Some agree with the actions but do not want to say so while there are those who do speak out but are not heard. I have seen it time and again, that many say because it came from x news source ie its a Western News Source it is fake. This type of mentality needs to be broken. While the kuffir have done horrible things to the Umma, just because it comes from a western source should not cancel it out immediately. I get asked this question time and again and have no real answer. I speak up against actions like this and point out how it was murder not Sharia since nothing was followed to prove or disprove it via Sharia law. I agree with you Brother, the Umma needs to be more vocal about abuses like this that occur as well as those that occur against the Umma as well.

Shak78

So just because some things have been faked we should just ignore everything and say well its faked. I have spoken out against my own government and its abuses to my fellow Muslims as well as spoken out against those who commit acts in the name of Islam that not Islamic. You can do both and not go to one extreme or the other. Your post is one of my points, one thing was faked so it all must be so I just won't say anything at all. We can speak out against both injustices can we not? I know I can.

This post was directed towards Brother Karu-89's post.

PeacefulHumanity

To all the responders of this thread:

I'm sorry to have started this thread. Clearly I've opened up some sort of Pandora's Box here, and it's obviously doing no one any good. Mods, if you are reading please just close this thread. Or better yet, just delete it.

Shak78

To all the responders of this thread:

I'm sorry to have started this thread. Clearly I've opened up some sort of Pandora's Box here, and it's obviously doing no one any good. Mods, if you are reading please just close this thread. Or better yet, just delete it.

I don't think you are dear Brother, I think your question is a valid one and one I get asked often by my friends and others. Sometimes to confront things we have to go through a painful inner viewing.