A possible scientific explanation/ hint on how our body parts will bear witness in day of Judgement

Astrugglingsoul

As-salamu Alaykum dear brothers and sisters,

I hope everyone had an amazing Eid. Couple of days ago my cousin posted an article on Facebook and it says Some scientists from Harvard have successfully stored 700 terabytes of data into a gram of DNA!!! ( its like fitting data that 14,000 50 gigabyte Blu-ray disc can fit into a droplet of DNA which fits into the top of our pinky !!!! I found it pretty amazing. Here is the link to the article.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...rams-700-terabytes-of-data-into-a-single-gram

Townie

As-salamu Alaykum dear brothers and sisters,

I hope everyone had an amazing Eid. Couple of days ago my cousin posted an article on Facebook and it says Some scientists from Harvard have successfully stored 700 terabytes of data into a gram of DNA!!! ( its like fitting data that 14,000 50 gigabyte Blu-ray disc can fit into a droplet of DNA which fits into the top of our pinky !!!! I found it pretty amazing. Here is the link to the article.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...rams-700-terabytes-of-data-into-a-single-gram

Very interesting article and it is quite amazing how science moves so fast!
But why the title for thread? What is the link to our body parts bearing witness?

Astrugglingsoul

Very interesting article and it is quite amazing how science moves so fast!
But why the title for thread? What is the link to our body parts bearing witness?

It's been said that in the day of judgement our body parts will testify, for example if you have committed any sin, Allah will give your body parts the ability to speak and they will testify that yes, he committed these sins through me. It was a topic on which science and religion clashed before but now you see if humans can store such an enormous amount of data in human DNA, its not hard for Allah to make our body parts preserve the information of our sins.

Townie

It's been said that in the day of judgement our body parts will testify, for example if you have committed any sin, Allah will give your body parts the ability to speak and they will testify that yes, he committed these sins through me. It was a topic on which science and religion clashed before but now you see if humans can store such an enormous amount of data in human DNA, its not hard for Allah to make our body parts preserve the information of our sins.

Are you serious?
If Allah is all-knowing, why would he need your body parts to speak?

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Good question, Townie.

But you have to understand that its not about God. Its about what is right, and the spotlight will be on us, and not on God. Of course God Knows All, but God wants His Kingdom to SEE EVERY ANGLE the truth. On top of that, He is also giving us a chance to explain ourselves. A man who stole bread from a bakery will have to face trial. The bakery owner will have the opportunity to either forgive him or charge him on Judgement day. Yes, the hand will say " I lifted the bread," but the stomach might say, "I was empty for 4 days!" IF you were the bakery owner, you might forgive the thief.

Then, lets say a customer from that same bakery (lets say 15 years after the man stole the bread) complains that he bought old rotten bread. Wouldn't be nice if God gave that bakery owner chance to defend himself after he just forgave the thief? The bakery owner could ask God, "please forgive me...I was having a rough week." God might consider it, because the baker's feet might say, "yeah, we were running around the kitchen ALL day that week!" Thats how Amazing God is. He is considerate of every little thing. He Will give every possible atom a chance to speak.

Precious Star

It's been said that in the day of judgement our body parts will testify, for example if you have committed any sin, Allah will give your body parts the ability to speak and they will testify that yes, he committed these sins through me..

What do you mean by "Its been said" ? In the Quran? Did the Holy Prophet report that he saw this on his Isra&Miraj journey? Most of these supernatural-type things are actually metaphors. For example, in the Quran it says that in Heaven we will be reclining on chairs of dignity -- that is a metaphor for our existence in the next world.

Can you site your source please that states that body parts will be talking on the Day of Judgment? Thanks.

Astrugglingsoul

Surah 36:65

Jazakallah Khayr brother Abd_Al_Hadi for answering so precisely.

Here is the meaning of the ayat as the brother mentioned

This Day, We shall seal up their mouths, and their hands will speak to Us, and their legs will bear witness to what they used to earn. (It is said that one's left thigh will be the first to bear the witness). [Tafsir At-Tabari, Vol. 22, Page 24]

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Good question, Townie.

But you have to understand that its not about God. Its about what is right, and the spotlight will be on us, and not on God. Of course God Knows All, but God wants His Kingdom to SEE EVERY ANGLE the truth. On top of that, He is also giving us a chance to explain ourselves. A man who stole bread from a bakery will have to face trial. The bakery owner will have the opportunity to either forgive him or charge him on Judgement day. Yes, the hand will say " I lifted the bread," but the stomach might say, "I was empty for 4 days!" IF you were the bakery owner, you might forgive the thief.

Then, lets say a customer from that same bakery (lets say 15 years after the man stole the bread) complains that he bought old rotten bread. Wouldn't be nice if God gave that bakery owner chance to defend himself after he just forgave the thief? The bakery owner could ask God, "please forgive me...I was having a rough week." God might consider it, because the baker's feet might say, "yeah, we were running around the kitchen ALL day that week!" Thats how Amazing God is. He is considerate of every little thing. He Will give every possible atom a chance to speak.

asalaam aleykum;

Great !

thank you.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
suratYasin !

[65] On that Day We shall seal their tongues: their hands will speak to Us, and their feet will testify as to what they had been earning in the world 55

This command will be given in respect of the stubborn culprits, who will refuse to confess their crimes, will belie the witnesses, and will also not acknowledge the genuineness of their conduct-book.

Then will Allah Almighty command: "Well, stop your babbling. Just see what your own limbs say about your misdeeds. " In this connection, here only the evidence to be given by the hands and the feet has been mentioned. But at other places it has been said that their eyes and their ears and their tongues, and the very skins of their body, will tell how they had been employed in the world. "They should not forget the Day when their own tongues and their own hands and feet will bear testimony to their misdeeds.' (An-Nur: 24)

"Then, when all will have reached there, their ears and their eyes and their very skins will bear witness against them concerning what they had been doing in the world." (Ha Mim Sajdah: 20).

The question arises:

On the one hand, Allah says: "We shall seal their mouths," and on the other, in the verse of Surah An-Nur, He says:

"Their tongues will bear testimony against them."
How can these two things be reconciled ?

The answer is: "To seal the mouths means to deprive them of their power of speech.

That is, after this they will not be able to say whatever they like with their tongue.

The testimony of their tongues means that their tongues themselves will tell how the wicked people had used them, what blasphemies and lies they had been made to utter, what mischiefs they had invented and what falsehoods they had been made to say on different occasions.

http://www.englishtafsir.com/