I am back again

sunnyhayat

Still trying to increas Imaan
[Assalam Walekum all brothers and sisters. I am back again after learning Quran. I need advice from all learned which tafseer I should read so that I am not misled in meaning and understanding about quran. This question is from both me and my wife. We are likely to decleare our shahada soon, Inshallah!

Marina28

i havent read it full yet but i dont see question....im sure some more knewledgable sis/bros can help but wot are you asking?

sunnyhayat

I am interestd in reading and understanding tafseer of quran but ther are many versions sone are goo some are not so good. I wish to know which is the best.
i havent read it full yet but i dont see question....im sure some more knewledgable sis/bros can help but wot are you asking?

strive-may-i

[Assalam Walekum all brothers and sisters. I am back again after learning Quran. I need advice from all learned which tafseer I should read so that I am not misled in meaning and understanding about quran. This question is from both me and my wife. We are likely to decleare our shahada soon, Inshallah!
Submitting to will of God, means duties and obligations and following the Sunnah of Prophet:saw:, is the straight path. So you would in addition to the Thafseer of Quran [Ibn Katheer is good], need to know and put to practise the way shown by prophet:saw:. It would help you both if yo could reach out and see/learn from practising, knowledgeable couples/ or Imaam.

May Almighty guide you both in the straight path (Sirathul Mustakeen).

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaamualaikum brother..

Its a great thing if you understand the reason behind what you are doing and following, because the more you understand it and do, the more the faith(imaan) increases. Which further leads to you having a firm belief in what you do and further more it becomes easier to implement in your day to day activities. But as you are aware, we are human beings with a limited knowledge brother.. So we might not be able to decipher certain verses of Quran or the reason behind certain hadiths and sunnah's.. Eventually, InshaAllah when the time is right Allah(SWT) will guide you, so that you understand the importance of sunnah/hadiths/Quran.

For example jus thought of quoting an experience of my own..

I used to wonder, whats wrong with wearing a t-shirt with designs on it/flowers/cars/bikes or any design for instance for the salaah.. Because it didn't make much sense to my ignorant mind (May Allah(SWT) frogive me for that). Days passed and i happened to forget abt it. Eventually, one fine day, i happen to wear a t-shirt with car designed on it. It was asr prayer and the 4 rakats of prayer i couldn't concentrate on wat i was reciting.. Ashamed of myself, i ran out of the Masjid after the salaah got over.. Raced to home and the first thing i did was change my t-shirt.. And that was the day i realised the importance of our Prophet(SAW) words in the design wear matter..

May Allah(SWT) guide us all. :)

Peace :)

Peony Weed

Assalaamualaikum brother..

Its a great thing if you understand the reason behind what you are doing and following, because the more you understand it and do, the more the faith(imaan) increases. Which further leads to you having a firm belief in what you do and further more it becomes easier to implement in your day to day activities. But as you are aware, we are human beings with a limited knowledge brother.. So we might not be able to decipher certain verses of Quran or the reason behind certain hadiths and sunnah's.. Eventually, InshaAllah when the time is right Allah(SWT) will guide you, so that you understand the importance of sunnah/hadiths/Quran.

:salam2:

I totally agree of having the understanding and not follow it blindly. If you choose to follow it blindly, you might encounter those missionaries who will lead you to the wrong path, thus making you more frustrated and the end wish to convert out. Even for me being born in a muslim community, i can assured you not all of them are a true Islam practitioner. Especially there's a danger when they incorporate culture as part of the religion which is not explained by Quran or Sunnah.

I am one of those born muslim who had blindly follow the religion with little knowledge. I think I've wasted 34 yrs of my life until last Ramadhan. Having to quit my job for rebellious reason, I had more time to spent. So I decided to read the tafsir given as a gift by my mother 2 years ago. I just read Surah Al-Baqarah and felt like the whole history of my life written in it. In the name of Allah, I had to repent for all my sins. Immediately cover myself as required head to toe when I go out, replacing the solat and fasting I had missed and stop smoking cold turkey. Something I have not being able to do for years. I believe if you're seeking the truth, you'll find the truth.

Btw, the first Surah revealed to Prophet Muhammad SAW is Iqra'. The first instruction is for us to read and understand what we're going to practise. I find that the translation from www.quran.com is useful although it does not comes with further elaboration like the tafsir Ibn Kathir, but it also has online Sunnah referrence.

Understand and slowly practise what you've learn, only Allah knows your intention. Allah will guide us to his path as we seek the truth.

sunnyhayat

Is it ok for practicing islam alone without letting others know your faith? I mean not mixing with muslims as muslim and not letting know other religion people know your faith? If yes how to practice to get imaan?

zico_hasan

Hi Sunny,
The concept in Islam is all muslim are brothers and sisters as said by Prophet Muhammad SAW, "Muslims for Muslims such as buildings, partly strengthen others." So I am your brother even you never know me."
All muslim are brothers and sisters regardless their color, country, language, status, race, etc.. Man is essentially a social being, need each other to fulfill his need and improve their living standards. This is confirmed by the nature of Islam. Islam's rules for helping each other in goodness and benefits.
Furthermore towards fellow Muslims. Islam even likens his Muslim brotherhood and kinship is like a building, in which the structure and elements of the building need and complement each other, making it a solid construction, more powerful and useful.
We let every muslim know about our muslim identity and faith, so you will know the reason why Allah make us different each other.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Is it ok for practicing islam alone without letting others know your faith?

It is perfectly fine to conceal your faith and practice brother. But just give it a thought, some day or the other people will come to know about it. You can't hide it forever for sure. It's near to impossible unless Allah(SWT) wishes.

I mean not mixing with muslims as muslim and not letting know other religion people know your faith? If yes how to practice to get imaan?

Not mixing with muslims? I wonder why would you want to do that brother? It would be nice of you if you explain or tell briefly why such a thing? If you go to a Mosque for praying, am sure you will be interacting with Muslims, or even at the time of Ramadan you would be. Rather i believe, one of the ways to increase your imaan is by interacting with fellow Muslim brothers, attending bayans/lectures. You can't learn all by yourself, Islam is pretty vast. So unless you interact it's little difficult.

And regarding increasing and practicing your imaan brother -> Read Quran with Tafsir to get a better understanding(as to why and when the verses were revealed), please pray regularly and patiently(pray as if its your last salaah and Allah(SWT) is right in front of you), read Hadiths/Sunnah's and try to implement in your day to day activites, "Interact with muslims and talk about deen :D". Always remember about the Judgement Day. :)

If am wrong do correct me. :)
Allah Hafiz :)

sunnyhayat

Instead of showing anyone that I am believer I would like to let them think that I am atheist. Will it be ok if I practice prayers and studies alone?

Peony Weed

Instead of showing anyone that I am believer I would like to let them think that I am atheist. Will it be ok if I practice prayers and studies alone?

I'm not sure if your environment is pretty much oppressing you if you're a believer in Allah. In such situation that you want to conceal your faith of concern for your safety.

But if the environment is not oppressive, I believe there's no reason to hide...i'm not sure why you wish to disassociate yourself with Islam in the open. Fear of being lable as terrorist, making mistakes in your faith practise or people asking you too many questions that you just don't have the answer? They might be part of many personal reason.

Ask yourself why you have taken the shahadah. If Allah is your only fear, then fear not of the circumstances in confessing being a muslim. Allah knows your intention and will show you the right path. It's like being in Jihad to sacrifice yourself for Allah (and seriously, Jihad here doesn't mean you act like terrorist and start bombing or killing people).

I know it's hard but here a verse in the Quran that helps me to understand my situation better, it might help you too:
http://quran.com/2/214

sunnyhayat

Living in India in Hindu dominant area is very different than living in muslim majority neighbourhood. If I decleare shahada I will be loosing all the work I am able to do today. So practicing islam at home and that too in secrecy is the only option as of today.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Living in India in Hindu dominant area is very different than living in muslim majority neighbourhood. If I decleare shahada I will be loosing all the work I am able to do today. So practicing islam at home and that too in secrecy is the only option as of today.

Seems like i got company :p :D Nice. Allah(SWT) works in mysterious ways. :) :)

Well, in the case you are referring then i think you can perform secretly, concealing fromt he outer world. Meanwhile work on your imaan building in everyway possible(tats my suggestion) but am sure some day everyone will come to know, rather InshaAllah someday will come where you go out in the society with head held high, proud being a MUSLIM!! :)

May Allah(SWT) increase our imaan. Ameen :)

sunnyhayat

Thanks brother for perfect understanding. Now I need to know how I can improve my Imaan in such situation. One thing I thought is regular prayers plus study of quran as much as possible taking out some time specifically for that. That is why I wanted to know which tafseer will be best.

Peony Weed

Now I need to know how I can improve my Imaan in such situation.

Good to know the reason you're hiding your faith and may Allah help to ease your journey. Since you chose to be in discrete, be careful on your act and words so that you don't become a munafiq.

Insyaallah, sometimes the little things you do will help to improve your Iman:

1. Always say tasbih, takbir, tahmeed and if you can't say them out loud especially at work, you can say them in your heart silently...It helps me to always think of Allah thus makes mefeel closer to Allah.

2. Never stop saying astagfirrullahal adzim. asking for forgiveness constantly, you can say it out loud or in your heart. Prophet Muhammad say this at least 70 times a day.

3. Say Bismillahirrahmanirrahim before doing anything good like before eating, before starting your work.

4. Say Alhamdullillah to show your thanks to Allah all the times, especially when you're given his Rahmah like food on your table, even as soon as you wake up in the morning.

I believe that are some little things you can do for a head start. I do hope you'll find a good brother as a mentor. That would help you a lot, Insyaallah

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum,

For sometime avoid, anything that distracts your attention and makes learning the deen, difficult. You will see resistance/friction in one form or another, dont let that irritate you. Strength of Imaan, helps in such times. There is a difference between being silent and hiding. The Imaan (or lack of it) always shows in a person, it cant be hidden. As you practice more, it shows up in words and actions. You would need a guide/mentor/a knowledgeable practicing brother/sister to reach out to, to get clarity. Face to face learning and following of daily routine is easier when you have someone together. You are couples so it will be easier.

There always are the silent understanding muslims, observe, examine and reach out to them. Take your step, you will be welcomed warmly by the good ones. In the mosque there is no need of being distant from other muslim brothers. Finding someone who is responsible can help you in your imaan. Transformations are always beautiful. The initial enthusiasm is good, sustaining it is important. Beware of wrong step out of overzeal or brainwashing that makes you do or think extreme. So go slow and steady.

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Prophet:saw: said, “The religion (of Islam) is easy, and whoever makes the religion a rigour, it will overpower him. So, follow a middle course (in worship); if you can’t do this, do something near to it and give glad tidings and seek help (of Allah) at morn and at dusk and some part of night.” [Al-Bukhari]

Prophet:saw: said “A believer gets along with people. There is no good in someone who never tries to get along with others nor allows other people to get along with him.” (Musnad Ahmad)

Prophet:saw: said “The Muslim is the one from whose hands and tongue others are safe. The Mu’min is the onewhom people feel safe with. ”

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger said, “Richness is not in plenty of provisions; the (real) richness is the richness of the soul.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

First priority is perfecting the five pillars of Islam by practise, together with Good Manners and piety
Sticking to one of the madhab of your region helps, to avoid confusion, in initial stages. Beware of oral routines. Listen to the sermons, of recommended Leaders (Most major languages). The sermons in mosques are not mullah brainwashing. Its most of times focused on being humane. Its a lifetime non-stop transformation. Be careful about whom you learn your deen from.

Learn to read the arabic Quran. It soothes. Thafseer (try ibn katheer) alone will not be enough, it takes years of rigorous systematic study to master Qur'an. Trust me when I say rigor.

For now, if you have questions ask them in this forum. Dont forget, adherence or betrayal of religion defines the quality of relationship between each of us and our creator. May Allah Strengthen this relationship .... Ameen