How do you stay away from desires/desiring ???

Hopetogoparadis

Assalam alakum

Can you give me some practical advise about, how actually you stay away from thinking bad things ? like desireful things, you know...

I mean, sometimes its like, you dont have any feelings, you just think about good things and try to do good things, but sometimes after a while, your feelings can raise a lot and you gotta show patience not to do wrong things. So what do you do in order not to be in that ''desireful'' times ? Is there any way to prevent from those intence feelings ? Or if there is not any way to stop it, then how to show patience when it happens ? Like ,what you do ?

AllaahIsMyHope

Walaikum assalam,
It's quite difficult but Alhamdulillaah it realy works if u really have strong will to over come ur desire or sins watevr u say,
I personally first say A'uzoobillaahi or A'uzoobiRehman, still the satan dsnt go n my stupid mind keep thinking then i start reading Quran loudly.. When I read loudly it calms my mind n heart.
But evn if that dsnt work u should get up n do wudu and offer salah n ask Allaah to help u to overcome unwanted desires or thoughts inshaAllaah.

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen
assalam alaykum

if thoughts have to do with something haram thing, then you have just to avoid them, if thos thoughts are strong, then move and do something, dont stay and thinking, be active, start to read something, do sport or do actions wich will make you active, importen is not to stay in status when shaytan-satan can come and put you in thos thoughs

one of the main importen thing, is to read about Allah, to read about paradise and hell, to read things about iman, listen to lecturs wich will increase iman and make you more strong in iman, the more your iman is strong, thos thoughts will not have effect in you if they come, thos thoughts are a trick from shaytan to make you obstacle's to do the ibadah, and to put you in condition of not being activ, when person is active with ibadah and other things, shaytan has les chance to put him in thoughts wich are conected with haram

Suhendri

good question, I have same problem it very difficult for me . . . and until now, I still can not keep away from desire . . .

Peony Weed

Walaikum assalam,
It's quite difficult but Alhamdulillaah it realy works if u really have strong will to over come ur desire or sins watevr u say,
I personally first say A'uzoobillaahi or A'uzoobiRehman, still the satan dsnt go n my stupid mind keep thinking then i start reading Quran loudly.. When I read loudly it calms my mind n heart.
But evn if that dsnt work u should get up n do wudu and offer salah n ask Allaah to help u to overcome unwanted desires or thoughts inshaAllaah.

I agree with this comment. To desire is a gift from Allah...but to discard bad desire is not an easy task. You need to have the will and Allah in your heart, you can do it. I had changed my lifestyle overnight, it's like 720 degree to me...but I was determined, I pray, repent and I ask Allah to hold me and guide me. like what Ahsen commented -you need to deal with it and lay out the reason/facts why you feel that way, find the root of cause.

So yeah, always repent to Allah. As the advise above, I would add on to always recite Astaghfirullah and think of Allah always, think of what our Prophet would have done in such "crisis". I also think if Allah were to take my life the next second while I'm having thoughts on such desire and not having to be able to repent that would be much of a great loss to me :(

AllaahIsMyHope

yes my sister Peony Weed....every one of us at time struggling with own Nafs ,Allahamdulillaah Allaah is sooo merciful that HE Almighty not catching us on every thought and thinking, in spite HE gives us chance to repent, and yea,,, Whoever says “SubhanAllaah wa bihamdihi” a hundred times during the day, his sins are wiped away, even if they are like the foam of the sea. [Sahih al-Bukhari; #7:168, Sahih Muslim; #4:2071] SubhanAllaah!

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:salam2:

It's a struggle that all must face and it's part of what it means to be a human being. You have desires and there is no way to escape that fact. People seem to have different ways to cope their desires and what works for one might not work for the other. Personally for me, what keeps me in line is Zikr. If you remember Allah (SWT), you will be conscious of the fact that he is watching you. If you are aware that he is watching you, you will act accordingly. Think about it like this: what would you be doing if your mother was standing 3 feet behind you at all times? Now consider instead of your mother, your Creator is watching you (and he is!) -- always and from all angles. Just something to think about. I hope this helps and that you find a way to get over your troubles. Peace and have a nice day.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
Be patient my brother and cut it at it's root,divert your thoughts.
Be productive and busy and less ideal.
In the spirit of being productive,Repel evil with good. For one evil deed you can do at least 5-10 good deeds in compensation.
Make du'a to Allah.
:wasalam:

strive-may-i

Walaikum Ssalaam,

Desires are natural, there is a limit to what we can desire and can be arrived from an assessment of what we have. Feeling helpless, makes one give in to the desires. Trade this helplessness and think of beneficial something, is what I/you are to do . 'I want what I have' is a powerful thought. A will power and focus which binds or timely distractions that diverts, are handy ways always. Most often, its all in the mind. Not easy, but doable. Good Company helps. Thats what every one of us should strive for, May Allah makes matters easier, our resolves stronger.... Ameen

On Following Desires
'Unlawful desires are usually associated with ugliness. They leave behind a lingering sensation of pain and guilt. Hence, whenever you are tempted, think about liberating yourself. Think about all the remorse that would accompany the realisation of those desires, and then make up your mind. Struggling your way through obedience is not an easy task. It is, however, associated with goodness and soothing pleasures. Whenever you overburden yourself (with unlawful desires) think about how nice it would be to repent and set yourself free. Think about the pleasures that lawful desires will provide and try to make the correct choice. The dilemma you will experience should be reduced by remembering the sweet pleasure and the ultimate happiness that your obedience (to Allah) will provide. Also make your struggle less of one by picturing the punishment that follows disobedience to Allah. Logically your mind should opt for the more rewarding option and help you to endure the pain of denying yourself the realisation of such desires.' [ Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah ; Al-Fawaaid ]
[May Allah reward the unknown translator]

[h=1]Thread: Desires[/h]
[h=1]Thread: DESIRES and CALAMITIES![/h]

Ahsen

Desires are natural.Thats why we progress in different aspects of life. I am trying to think what to say to you. Some people are just not real with other people. I will inshallah write a book on this subject. Because there is a whole pattern which is running like a cycle since the man's existence. Our ancestors went through the same cycle and we are going through the same. Although it might be more intense now than before. You have to THINK how the human species combat with their nafs satisfying themselves and Allah at the same time. All solutions to our problems lie within us. That's the irony. Our mind is like a huge mansion which has rooms for every solution. The only issue is that these rooms are locked. Locked so that we search for the key and gain some knowledge from the process. Quran is like cool breeze for this mansion. But you also have to use your mind. Many people mention the heart but forget the mind. Your mind can get you things,you can't even imagine. But as I said, it's a lengthy process which takes time. A lot of time. So just be patient. Instead of fearing yourself,explore yourself. You will find much peace in it. I hope what I said was clear to you.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Desires are natural.Thats why we progress in different aspects of life. I am trying to think what to say to you. Some people are just not real with other people. I will inshallah write a book on this subject. Because there is a whole pattern which is running like a cycle since the man's existence. Our ancestors went through the same cycle and we are going through the same. Although it might be more intense now than before. You have to THINK how the human species combat with their nafs satisfying themselves and Allah at the same time. All solutions to our problems lie within us. That's the irony. Our mind is like a huge mansion which has rooms for every solution. The only issue is that these rooms are locked. Locked so that we search for the key and gain some knowledge from the process. Quran is like cool breeze for this mansion. But you also have to use your mind. Many people mention the heart but forget the mind. Your mind can get you things,you can't even imagine. But as I said, it's a lengthy process which takes time. A lot of time. So just be patient. Instead of fearing yourself,explore yourself. You will find much peace in it. I hope what I said was clear to you.

asalaam aleykum;

brother,
please, do not forget me for One copy of that book(Inhsaa ALLAH)

Yes,to me as you 'knocked' my door which i am always in hope of hearing such a knocks.

thank you.
Deal with issues instead of ignoring them.
thread # 3