Halal or not halal?

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:salam2:

I'm assuming you are referring to this part of the article:

"Today, all good food is made lawful for you. The food of the people of the Scripture (Jews & Christians) is lawful (halal) for you ......" 5:5

Is this it or were you looking at something else?

GBintheUK

It was this I was refering to:

Sadly, Muslims scholars have substituted God's condition for making food lawful (which is through uttering God's name on it before eating it) by a new un-Quranic condition of their own making. Somehow they have made slaughtering the only lawful method of killing an animal for its meat. Needless to say, there is no such restriction in the Quran. As a result of this un-quranic requirement, they insist that to make food halal the name of God must be uttered on it before slaughtering it. The following arguments all show that this imposed restriction is false and that it is not part of God's law in the Quran:

1- The first reason is that (unless you are a butcher) you are not the person who has slaughtered the animal on your dinner table, and since the Quran is clear in holding people accountable only to their own work, then the only certain way to confirm that the name of God has been uttered on the meat is for each person to utter God's name on the food before eating it.

"Every human being is responsible only for his own works." 53:39

The Quran makes it clear that the utterance of God's name should be before eating and not before killing the animal .

2- The spiritual reason behind uttering God's name on our food before eating it is given in 16:114. This is to constantly remember and be appreciative of God's blessings on us:

"Therefore, you shall eat from God's provisions everything that is lawful and good, and be appreciative of God's blessings, if you do worship Him alone." 16:114

This act of appreciation for God's blessings would not belong to us if we rely on someone else, in a slaughter house, uttering God's name.

3- By reading 6:114, we note that the command of uttering God's name is related to what we eat in general and not just meat. Thus this equally applies to fruit, vegetables, biscuits, peanuts ... etc ... plus all types of drinks. Consequently, and since we cannot slaughter an apple nor a glass of orange juice, then the only method to obey God's law is to utter His name before eating all foods (and not just meat).

4- If we read 5:5, we note that God made it lawful for us to eat the food of the people of the Scripture (Jews, Christians). But as non Muslims may not utter the name of God before killing the animal, yet their food is still lawful for us (5:5), this would only prove that the utterance of God's name before slaughtering an animal is not a requirement as far as God is concerned. It also confirms that the duty is laid on each of us (to utter God's name) before eating our food and nothing else.

5- God knows that one day slaughter houses will be run by stun guns and machines, which once again emphasises the fact that it is our own responsibility to utter His name on all food before eating it.

Sadly, we see many Muslims today, and because of their obsession with the restriction of slaughtering, buying and eating what they are told is halal meat, yet when they eat other food (e.g. fruit or vegetables) they ignore God's command to utter His name on it. Hence, and since they ignored God's commands and followed man made innovations, they are in fact eating a lot of food that is unlawful according to the Quranic rules.

Idris16

Oh how I hate the shaytans that lie about Islam, they are worse than the islamophobes, because the hypocrites try to destroy islam from within.

Sadly, Muslims scholars have substituted God's condition for making food lawful (which is through uttering God's name on it before eating it) by a new un-Quranic condition of their own making.
Eat not (O believers) of that (meat) on which Allaah’s Name has not been pronounced (at the time of the slaughtering of the animal)” [al-An’aam 6:121]

GBintheUK

Oh how I hate the shaytans that lie about Islam, they are worse than the islamophobes, because the hypocrites try to destroy islam from within.

Eat not (O believers) of that (meat) on which Allaah’s Name has not been pronounced (at the time of the slaughtering of the animal)” [al-An’aam 6:121]

Is this what it says in the Quran or are the bits in brackets not actually part of the text?

Idris16

The brackets are not part of the text but we can still understand the text without the brackets. Those shaytans have no knowledge about islam, they havent studied any fiqh, dont master the Arabic langage.

yet when they eat other food (e.g. fruit or vegetables) they ignore God's command to utter His name on it.
Do you see their great ignorance? Do we even "slaughter" fruits and vegetables? I'll leave it there to expose themselves. Now I wont be surprised if those behind that website are original Kuffar hiding behind Muslim names.

GBintheUK

The brackets are not part of the text but we can still understand the text without the brackets. Those shaytans have no knowledge about islam, they havent studied any fiqh, dont master the Arabic langage.

Do you see their great ignorance? Do we even "slaughter" fruits and vegetables? I'll leave it there to expose themselves. Now I wont be surprised if those behind that website are original Kuffar hiding behind Muslim names.

But that is not what they are saying. They are saying that we should utter the name of Allah on all the food we eat and that is what they say the Quran says.

Idris16

Yes and thats what we do, we eat with the right hand (three fingers) and say the Tasmiyah (i.e. Bismillaah). But for the meat we eat, it must have been slaughtered correctly. Pork is as we know haraam. May Allah destroy the hypocrites.

Idris16

But that is not what it says in the Quran!
Isn't the Sunnah considered part of the revelation too? Are you looking for answers or for a debate?

Here's another ayah:

119. And why should you not eat of that (meat) on which Allaah’s Name has been pronounced (at the time of slaughtering the animal), while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under compulsion of necessity? And surely, many do lead (mankind) astray by their own desires through lack of knowledge. Certainly your Lord knows best the transgressors” [al-An‘aam 6:119]

Do you think it's only enough by saying bismillah and then eating the meat and you compare it with slaughtering meat??

GBintheUK

Isn't the Sunnah considered part of the revelation too? Are you looking for answers or for a debate?

Here's another ayah:

119. And why should you not eat of that (meat) on which Allaah’s Name has been pronounced (at the time of slaughtering the animal), while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under compulsion of necessity? And surely, many do lead (mankind) astray by their own desires through lack of knowledge. Certainly your Lord knows best the transgressors” [al-An‘aam 6:119]

Do you think it's only enough by saying bismillah and then eating the meat and you compare it with slaughtering meat??

If I was basing it purely on the Quran then the answer would be yes. Which is more important, the Quran or the Sunnah?

strive-may-i

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen
assalam alaykum

read this

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/127959/meat from christians

if you found other explanation from scholars who are trusted scholars and with knowledge that are from ahlu sunah, after you read all opinions and you still dont know what to do, then after this just follow your heart, what your hearts says its the corect opinion, then take that opinion and dont put to much burden on you

shaykh albani was asked" if we hear two sahih hadith ( or two explanation of a issue) what to do if we canot decide wich one is corect , he said" see the proofs of both sides and then decide wich one has the proof, if after this still you heart is not i peace, canot decide wich one, then follow your heart, as it is in head " turn to your heart"

this to turn at your heart has to do with this issue wich both sides has proof and you canot decide

dont make it hard on you the issue of fikh, leard aqidah-belief and other issues in detal, as for fikh issues-we are not scholars to know them in detail, its ok for laymen people to follow the direction wich scholar give to us about fikh issue, no need to ask in detail

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen
assalam alaykum

read this

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/127959/meat from christians

if you found other explanation from scholars who are trusted scholars and with knowledge that are from ahlu sunah, after you read all opinions and you still dont know what to do, then after this just follow your heart, what your hearts says its the corect opinion, then take that opinion and dont put to much burden on you

shaykh albani was asked" if we hear two sahih hadith ( or two explanation of a issue) what to do if we canot decide wich one is corect , he said" see the proofs of both sides and then decide wich one has the proof, if after this still you heart is not i peace, canot decide wich one, then follow your heart, as it is in head " turn to your heart"

this to turn at your heart has to do with this issue wich both sides has proof and you canot decide

dont make it hard on you the issue of fikh, leard aqidah-belief and other issues in detal, as for fikh issues-we are not scholars to know them in detail, its ok for laymen people to follow the direction wich scholar give to us about fikh issue, no need to ask in detail

as it is in head " turn to your heart"
, it is " as it is in hadith " turn to you heart..."

canot edit the text, dont know why

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
canot edit the text, dont know why

:salam2:

I believe this forum framework that TTI uses only allows editing after immediately posting (i.e., if you catch an error immediately after submitting). This is to prevent significant edits to the original post in the future after numerous people have already responded and helps maintain the context of the thread.