Introducing myself!

Badria

Salaam ayleukoum brother,
May Allah help you in your quest to answers, i've been a muslim all my life but right till now i searched through various books about the life of Mohammed (may Allah's peace be upon him), the hadiths, the qoraan al kareem and various other guidelines every Muslim should embrace, and Subhanna Allah i feel like i watch His whole creation with different eyes, it's a very empowering feeling..
Is anyone here from belgium?

assalaam ayleukum brothers and sisters

Badria

Salaam,

oops i missed that post, so congratulations new Muslim, to hear a convert say shahada is always a heart warming feeling.

May Allah guide us all to the right path Inch' Allah

ma salaam

:SMILY139:

salahdin

MASHALLAH brother nick and welcome to ISLAM may ALLAH help you all the way ask anything and you will be helpt.

“Leave the world to those who hanker after it, as they leave the Afterlife to its seekers. And be in this world as the bee: it eats only good, produces only good, and when it rests upon anything it neither ruins it nor deflowers it.”by Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah* Al-Fawa’id (Riyadh: Maktabah al-Rushd, 2001), 187; trans. Surkheel Sharif.

ManchesterNick

Salaam alaikum everyone. Sorry for neglecting TTI recently, I've been very busy with my studies! It was four weeks yesterday that I took my Shahadah and I haven't looked back since; my life is now starting to revolve around Salah instead of trying to move Salah around my day, although I do have difficulty on some days as I'm having to work in hospital with absolutely no breaks because of staff shortages and even ten minutes away is out of the question, I do make up for any prayers missed later though. Alhamdulillah, there is a prayer room at the hospital which I can use.

Alhamdulillah I've managed to spend quite a bit of time around the majsids which are great places to go to and my Iman is growing all the time. I also have a Jubah and prayer cap which I sometimes wear to the mosque! I'm also currently fasting for the first time which is challenging, especially yesterday when I had to run a race in the morning.

Brother Can I ask a question ?

I would love to know that, how did you find the truth. When and how the above question in your mind got answer. Was that any verse in Quran?

I am very much curious to know...

Jazak Allah (May Allah give you good reward)

There was no single verse in the Quran, it was more of deciding whether or not Jesus was prophet or Messiah and the role of Muhammed. It was not long until the truth and beauty of the Quran started to reveal itself to me. Whilst Islam is the truth, I still owe the Orthodox Church something in initially pointing me in the right direction.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Nice to hear from you brother Nick. You can post a thread and ask questions if you have any.We all benefit and learn from the questions asked here. So Insha'Allah let us share/pose the question to fellow brothers and sisters.

It is good to hear that you are trying to keep up with your salaah. May Allah swt reward you abundantly for your efforts. Ameen.

Fasting is a really special feeling/state. Though, it seems challenging at first, once the body gets used to it, it becomes easy with the mercy of Allah swt. :)

I would like to remind myself and you as well, that it is Sunnah to fast on Arafat Day which falls on 26th November Insha'Allah. So Insha'Allah lets make the intention to fast on that day.

Keep in touch. Wasaalaamalikum waa rahmatullahi

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Brother Nick, I'm sorry for not seeing this thread earlier. Welcome to TTI, and welcome to Islaam. Words can't express the joy of what I have read just now. Things like prayer may be hard at first, but they will become easy in no time, by Allaah's permission.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Salaam alaikum everyone. Sorry for neglecting TTI recently, I've been very busy with my studies! It was four weeks yesterday that I took my Shahadah and I haven't looked back since; my life is now starting to revolve around Salah instead of trying to move Salah around my day, although I do have difficulty on some days as I'm having to work in hospital with absolutely no breaks because of staff shortages and even ten minutes away is out of the question, I do make up for any prayers missed later though. Alhamdulillah, there is a prayer room at the hospital which I can use.

Alhamdulillah I've managed to spend quite a bit of time around the majsids which are great places to go to and my Iman is growing all the time. I also have a Jubah and prayer cap which I sometimes wear to the mosque! I'm also currently fasting for the first time which is challenging, especially yesterday when I had to run a race in the morning.

There was no single verse in the Quran, it was more of deciding whether or not Jesus was prophet or Messiah and the role of Muhammed. It was not long until the truth and beauty of the Quran started to reveal itself to me. Whilst Islam is the truth, I still owe the Orthodox Church something in initially pointing me in the right direction.
Wa alaikom assalam
Nice to hear from you !

About prayer even if there is no prayer room , any clean place it's okey .

and that's good you are trying to fast , actually only fasting Ramadhan is complusary , the rest are optional ( Sunnah ) we do it bcz our beloved prophet Muhammad PBUH did it .

But I wonder what's Jubah ? it seems as an Arabic word I know .

You can pray with your clothes , you don't have to wear anything else .

hana*

aww mashaAllah! i remember reading youre first post ages ago.... congratulations on becoming muslim!!

i know what you mean about being unable to take breaks, it can be like that in pharmacy too, and most places are very short staffed. however, by law, they must give you a break to pray.

shichemlydia

salam

salam alikoum,
hope you are doing well and in good health; ameen
a long journey hopefully will finish by taking the right decision in life, surely by reading the quran you will be revealed who is your lord and how to please him on his terms.
focus on the chapter of mary you will know a lont of facts and jesus pbuoh
wa salam alikoum

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Assalam Aleikum brother Nick,
Masha'Allah and congrutalation for your reversion. Welcome to a big family of Islam. Am your brother Suleiman from Manchester. Am also Manchester University student studying Foundation Engineering. Contact me on this email:[email protected] and will talk more.
Asalam aleikum.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Thank you everyone for your replies and advice, I'm pleased to say that I took Shahadah yesterday! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhCveNXp7Ok

:salam2: brother:D

welcome to Islam brother....
I thank Allah for guiding you and for showing you the truth! surely Allah guides whom He SWT wills!! it's always nice to see REVERTS taking their SHAHADA:D it's beautiful and heart-warming!subhanaAllah.....:D:D:D:D:D:D
again welcome to ISLAM.....and remember to take baby steps in learning your deen,:D:D:D:D:D
I AM SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU!!
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

Hana Askar

Asalaaam Alykum Brother :) First time i see this thread :eek:
Masha'Allah, Allahu Akbaar. Welcome and Congratulations :D it's
so beautiful that ur now part of this Ummah :D

It's ur first Eid soon, how do you feel? :D

Welcome to Islam again.

:SMILY139:

ManchesterNick

Assalam Aleikum brother Nick,
Masha'Allah and congrutalation for your reversion. Welcome to a big family of Islam. Am your brother Suleiman from Manchester. Am also Manchester University student studying Foundation Engineering. Contact me on this email:[email protected] and will talk more.
Asalam aleikum.

Walaikum salaam,

I'm currently based in Crewe but am from time to time in the prayer room near Manchester Science Park on some evenings.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Hi everyone,

To give a brief introduction to myself: My name is Nick and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester in the UK. Up until the age of 15 I was an atheist through and through, but then after a bit of a health problem (nothing serious (nor anything exciting!)) I had a complete epiphany of my life from religion through to career: I wanted to do medicine and when I was in hospital I felt like God was speaking to me.

Now, I'm British through-and-through, so I turned to the Church of England as that was what my family was. Well, it was alright, but I felt it was very dilute and I didn't feel anything spiritual really, but my life improved. I then looked into Orthodoxy and I really liked a lot of what it had to offer, it felt much more spiritual and I really felt I connected with God, but I kept on going for Christianity.

I never properly met a Muslim until the age of 19 at uni and at first I felt that they were rather segregated from everyone else in my year and was intimidated by them, but I've got to know many Muslims and they all have qualities I admire. For a non-Muslim, I feel I know quite a bit, the five pillars, what's Sunnah, what's Haram, but I've never read the Qur'an. Now 22, I've just acquired a copy and have started reading it.

I would like to speak to Muslims I know about it, but they have been brought up as Muslims their whole life. I'd quite like to speak to anyone on here about Islam and questions I have etc, as well as speaking to converts. I'm undecided about where to go with my faith: I accept Muhammed as a great man, but I have not decided whether or not he is God's final prophet. I similarly can't decide whether or not Jesus was a prophet or son of God. I hope that once I finish reading the Qur'an my faith is revealed to me: Islam or Christianity.

If anyone would like to speak to me, or if anybody would be kind enough to give me guidance, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Nick.

:salam2:

Welcome!

:wasalam:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,

ahmed3711

The best news i heard today Congratulations brother for your choice
wishing you all the best in your coming life :)
you used your mind while comparing thats why the result was perfect :)