Can we really carry the burden of our sins?

Jsmih

Aslamo Alikum,

Dear All,

Many of us has false wishful thinking that we will repent in the end times of our lives and will be righteous and close friends of Allah (swt).

So, we are doing sins all the time without hesitation.

But we do not understand that when we do some sinful things, we do not just ruin our own selves but we also transfer our sins in others too and ruin their lives too.

For example, suppose A is thief, so in his career, he makes many people thieves too. In his end times, he leaves the thefts and becomes righteous.

Similarly, think of prostitutes, drunkards, gamblers, actors, musicians, adulterers, murderers, polytheists, atheists etc, all these people not only destroy their own souls but souls of many other people too.

These people might repent and become righteous in their end times. But can they make all those people whom they have destroyed in their career righteous too?

Similarly, even small sins are not as small as we think, they might have very big impact on our lives and lives of others. So we should be careful that we are not just destroying our lives but we could destroy lives of many others and we are not aware of it.

Conclusion:

When we are doing sins, we think, we will repent and become righteous later on but definitely we cannot make all those people repent and righteous whom we caused destruction with our sins.

We think, we can carry the burden of our sins, but how could we carry the burdens of other people's sins, who are doing sins because of us and we have no clue about them at all.

Reference:

Quran says

Yes, whoever earns evil and his sin has encompassed him - those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide therein eternally.

But they who believe and do righteous deeds - those are the companions of Paradise; they will abide therein eternally.

ہاں جو برے کام کرے، اور اس کے گناہ (ہر طرف سے) گھیر لیں تو ایسے لوگ دوزخ (میں جانے) والے ہیں (اور) وہ ہمیشہ اس میں (جلتے) رہیں گے

اور جو ایمان لائیں اور نیک کام کریں، وہ جنت کے مالک ہوں گے (اور) ہمیشہ اس میں (عیش کرتے) رہیں گے

Quran 2: 81-82 (Surah Al-Baqrah)

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualykum,

JazakAllah Khair for this reminder... and how true it is... yesterday I was talking to a Brother at my work and he was telling me about his "awesome" life full of parties and girls. I asked him if his heart was happy. He couldnt answer me. I asked him about his Islamic practice and he said "I will, just not now"....
We all think we have so much time left. Ah the ignorance of youth! May Allah guide us.

Hasan al-Basri said “I have never seen something so certain but people treat as doubtful, as death.”

muslimah-24

Subhanallah a beneficial reminder, this is why as Muslims, the best form of dawah is through our actions as this is the most effective way someone can learn about our deen.
Jazaakalahu khayr for sharing

Jsmih

Subhanallah a beneficial reminder, this is why as Muslims, the best form of dawah is through our actions as this is the most effective way someone can learn about our deen.
Jazaakalahu khayr for sharing

Jazak Allah to all.

Just think, if some friends are sitting and busy in gossips and the prayer time comes, one of them stands up and goes for prayers. Then that person is actually silently inviting all of them to worship Allah (swt).

Some of his friends will neglect him totally but some will definitely hear his silent invitation and feel that they should also be offering prayer.

Regardless of what our friends do, whether they join us or not, we should keep doing our duty.

Sometimes, we feel, no one is following us, we feel dissapointed, but Allah (swt) knows, many of them are following us but we are not aware of them at all.

That's why, we should pray to Allah (swt), O Allah, the most Merciful and Benevolent, accept and spread our good deeds and wash away our bad deeds.

May Allah (swt) accept efforts of all Muslims in His path. Ameen.