Blame Ourselves or Blame the Rulers

Status
Not open for further replies.

abou khaled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As-salaamu `alaykum.

Imaam Ibnul Qayyim (rahimahullaah) talked about what people think is the fitnah of "our times", i.e. meaning his own times, but this applies just as well to the contemporary fitnah of our own times. About the ways of Allaah (I) in this creation vis-a-vis the rulers and the ruled, he said :

"And contemplate Allaah's (I) Wisdom when He made people of authority, making them a reflection of the ruled. It is as if the deeds of the ruled appear in the form and deeds of their rulers :<b>
if the ruled are upright, then their rulers will be upright

if the ruled incline away from uprightness, then their rulers will do the same to them

if the ruled transgress and oppress, then their rulers will do the same to them

if there appears deception and plotting from the ruled, then it will be the same from their rulers

if the ruled take away the rights of the people and become miser as to the rights of others, then their rulers will do the same to them and deprive them of their rights

if the ruled take away from the oppressed /weak among them that which they deserve not to take in their transactions with them, then their rulers will do that towards the ruled's wealth and take what they deserve not, and impose on the ruled taxes and assignments

and whenever the ruled take from the oppressed and weak unjustly, then their rulers will do the same to them and take it by force

so the actions of the ruled appear in the actions of the rulers and it is not in the Divine Wisdom that Allaah (I) assigns authority over the wicked and evils ones, EXCEPT to the ones who are of their own kind

Since the first generation was of the best generation and of the most righteous, ... so were their leaders righteous

It is not befitting Allaah's Wisdaom that in "our times" (Ibnul Qayyim's times) that those assigned to authority over us be the like of Muaawiya and 'Umar bin 'Abdul 'Aziz, not to mention Abu Bakr and 'Umar. The leaders of those before us were in accordance with their own conditions and ranks. Our leaders are in accordance with our own condition and rank. In both cases, this is entailed by the Wisdom of Allaah (I)."
</b>

Such is the conclusion of Imaam Ibnul Qayyim (rahimahullah) concerning his times, i.e. the 8th century A.H., so what do you think about our own times?

The Wisdom of Allaah (I) pertains to His Attributes. He puts things in accordance with His Hikmah and puts them in their proper places with what fits. The Wisdom of Allaah (I) has a noble and most perfect objective.

As for those who hasten in making these roads for "deliverance" and see getting rid of the rulers as the solution to their problems, they confuse symptoms and disease.

The rulers are seen as being the causes when in reality they are only the symptoms. The true illness is within the ruled. Therefore, all endeavors towards finding a solution should focus on the ruled themselves.

The deeds of the ruled are reflected in the deeds of the people having authority over them. When the people are not ready and are away from the deen of Allaah, who would you expect them to deserve as rulers?

Prepared by Dr saleh as Saleh
( May Allah grant him ferdous al'a'laa)
"Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin " (Surat An-Nisā', Women),48.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Very confusing article.

It's assuming that people voted for corrupt rulers. No one voted for Assad of Syria or Abdullah of Jordan, or Abdullah of Saudi Arabia or Gadaffi of Libya, etc.. Their thrones were established by the West over half a century ago. People back then didn't want them, but people back then didn't have weapons. People are powerless. Those scumbag leaders then planted these so-called foolish sheikhs and scholars to fabricate fatwas and change the interpretations of the Quran and hadeeths to make it seem as its Allah's command to submit to kings and princes.

But it's all stupid. One needs to ask himself, "why didn't Mohammad pbuh submit to Quraish? They were leaders weren't they? Why did Mohammad stand up against them?

Or why will Isa (as) return? Shouldn't this foolish shaikh email Isa and tell him "no need to come to save these people, because its their fault that they're suffering"?

This is not Sodom or Gomorrah, where the town is small and consists of a few people. Nations are now big and contain millions of people. Some bad, some good. The corrupt ones are obviously the power hungry and greedy bastards. Of course the west loves those types of people. That's why they push hard to make them rulers.

Unfortunately for the corrupt rulers nowadays, the youth are waking up and standing up for what's right.

:) we will prevail

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I think this thread should be merged as a similar thread has been made by Brother Al-Kashmiri 2 years ago.

BarakaAllaahu feekum.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Very confusing article.

It's assuming that people voted for corrupt rulers. No one voted for Assad of Syria or Abdullah of Jordan, or Abdullah of Saudi Arabia or Gadaffi of Libya, etc.. Their thrones were established by the West over half a century ago. People back then didn't want them, but people back then didn't have weapons. People are powerless. Those scumbag leaders then planted these so-called foolish sheikhs and scholars to fabricate fatwas and change the interpretations of the Quran and hadeeths to make it seem as its Allah's command to submit to kings and princes.

But it's all stupid. One needs to ask himself, "why didn't Mohammad pbuh submit to Quraish? They were leaders weren't they? Why did Mohammad stand up against them?

Or why will Isa (as) return? Shouldn't this foolish shaikh email Isa and tell him "no need to come to save these people, because its their fault that they're suffering"?

This is not Sodom or Gomorrah, where the town is small and consists of a few people. Nations are now big and contain millions of people. Some bad, some good. The corrupt ones are obviously the power hungry and greedy bastards. Of course the west loves those types of people. That's why they push hard to make them rulers.

Unfortunately for the corrupt rulers nowadays, the youth are waking up and standing up for what's right.

Subhanallah !!! I completely agree with you (except for the word "Bastards" :)) > Very well said Akhi. If you read the history , the way Salahuddin got back the Holy land, there was resistance from the rulers (especially from egypt) , then Salahuddin did kill him and appointed himself in that position. I think there are few things twisted these days (like protests are haram etc) just to benefit the ones who are sitting on the position. If they really are haram, then why did so many people endorse the whole of arab uprising? Why did people feel happy about it?

I think these days people want a change but they want it without participation , some of which may be due to lack of understanding, fear or sheer laziness. They want it without working towards it, they are waiting for mahdi to come and do that job.

My 2 cents :)

Wassalam

strive-may-i

I think these days people want a change but they want it without participation , some of which may be due to lack of understanding, fear or sheer laziness. They want it without working towards it........

Wassalam
Walaikum Ssalaam,

Especially in democratic nations.
..... "Government is sleeping"
..... "What did government do?"

You spotted, Spot On!

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Very confusing article.

Asslamaliekum warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
Please watch this:

[video=youtube;K91t0L1CDG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K91t0L1CDG8[/video]

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Salam alaykum,

I prefer not to watch that. Justice is Justice. No need for "scholars" to paint it for us. Our rulers are nothing but Quraish. Our actions will be nothing but than the actions of our Prophet pbuh and his army. Syrian regime banned face veils in 2010...you want us to comply to those laws? Tunis and Turkey banned hijabs in universities...would you let some corrupt leader tell your sister to take off her hijab???

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
I think these days people want a change but they want it without participation , some of which may be due to lack of understanding, fear or sheer laziness. They want it without working towards it, they are waiting for mahdi to come and do that job.

Wassalam

W'Allah bro, I wish I can hug you for these words you said!

Idris16

From this thread I learn that many so-called Muslims are apostates and hypocrites and that's what the reality tell us, todays rulers are kuffar without a shadow of doubt, whoever disputes what I am saying, I tell them woe to you, bring your daleel.

Status
Not open for further replies.